Birthday Cakes - For Kids of all ages

winter27

Hi Mummies,

I am baking cupcakes and cakes for all occassions. I am open to customisation so if you like a particular character but have no ideas how you wan it to be, do let me know and I'll help you source for ideas and customise for you.

Do visit my blog at www.thegateaux.blogspot.com to view my works.

Thanks.

cmeilim

I also bought from Pine Garden for my son 1st birthday. The salesperson who liaise with me via email is Shi Hui. She's very helpful in my request. The charges is Estimated Cost = (Weight of cake * Price per kg) + (Artistic Labour Charge, varies based on complexity) + (Delivery S$15/S$25 for Tuas area, if required) :) If you want more details i can email you the one i order for elmo design, got a few to choose from.

we've always had good service from PG even at the shop itself. maybe cos we go near to closing time and there aren't many customers...?? anyway, the sale staff who entertained my endless questions over email was also shi hui.

but the elmo cake designs she showed me really 'cannot make it' lor...doesn't warrange the artistic labour charge at all, IMHO. my sis said the same thing.

chrisgal, tanzhenzhi, can share pix of your elmo cakes here? if u don't wanna post up, can just email to cmeilim@gmail.com. if they are nice, i can KIV for ian's 2nd birthday, hahaha....talk abt advance planning...

anyway, i couldn't really find a design i like at PG, so eventually i went to a neighbourhood bakery behind whampoa food centre just last nite. it's a really old-school place. we tried before the chocolate cake is fine and nice. so we ordered the blackforest this time as it comes with liquer-infused cherries. no artistic labour charge at all. i just told the lady that i want a mixed theme - all of ian's favourite characters (doraemon, elmo, pooh, spiderman plus a little ox to represent him born in the year of the ox), and a couple of cars (which he also loves) on top of a cake in the figure of number 1. plus a row of fruits for decoration, the words 'happy birthday' on the sides of the cake and chocolate covering on the whole cake. the rest is for the baker to design. =)

for a huge 2.5kg cake, we paid $80, which to us was a great deal. the only downside is no delivery. but no issue for us, as it's on the way from our home to the party venue.

will keep everyone posted how the cake looks and taste after the party next week! i am baking my own M&M cookies as party favours! =)

P/S no offence, but we tried eating a couple of fondant cakes at other parties. decided not to do one for our boy cos while fondant cakes look very good, the 'frosting' is too thick and tastes too sweet for our liking.

hi, ya agree with u, fondue cake are thick and sweet, as the top part is make of sugar to make the smooth look.
as for the pic below, i did share this in other link/post..but want to share it here too. I am looking for figuring cake for my baby one years old and this is the cake I order from ecreative..not too ex and the design i custom make. cake taste nice.

Some of the 3D cake baker do not make cake in number one shape, but ecreative do. I have ask a few..and they say only make round cake..be it one or 2 tier.

My friend also order from Ecreative...and choose the cake from the online cateloge...and she also say cake nice, and the cake is 90% exactly as shown in the pic. No disappointment...as her guest also say WOW..nice.

And most bakery their 3d cake cost like $300+. but for ecreative is cheaper..depend on your design.

Here are some of my other findlings and friends recommendation to share.

Welcome to Creative Floral & Cake Design
Glad's passion: No 1 shaped
Cupcake Divinity.. Cupcakes fit for divines!: Orders OR Enquiries
Oven Creations: Birthday

newmum80

we've always had good service from PG even at the shop itself. maybe cos we go near to closing time and there aren't many customers...?? anyway, the sale staff who entertained my endless questions over email was also shi hui.

but the elmo cake designs she showed me really 'cannot make it' ...doesn't warrange the artistic labour charge at all, IMHO. my sis said the same thing.

chrisgal, tanzhenzhi, can share pix of your elmo cakes here? if you dont't wanna post up, can just email to cmeilim@gmail.com. if they are nice, i can KIV for ian's 2nd birthday, hahaha....talk about advance planning...

anyway, i couldn't really find a design i like at PG, so eventually i went to a neighbourhood bakery behind whampoa food centre just last nite. it's a really old-school place. we tried before the chocolate cake is fine and nice. so we ordered the blackforest this time as it comes with liquer-infused cherries. no artistic labour charge at all. i just told the lady that i want a mixed theme - all of ian's favourite characters (doraemon, elmo, pooh, spiderman plus a little ox to represent him born in the year of the ox), and a couple of cars (which he also loves) on top of a cake in the figure of number 1. plus a row of fruits for decoration, the words 'happy birthday' on the sides of the cake and chocolate covering on the whole cake. the rest is for the baker to design. =)

for a huge 2.5kg cake, we paid $80, which to us was a great deal. the only downside is no delivery. but no issue for us, as it's on the way from our home to the party venue.

will keep everyone posted how the cake looks and taste after the party next week! i am baking my own M&M cookies as party favours! =)

P/S no offence, but we tried eating a couple of fondant cakes at other parties. decided not to do one for our boy cos while fondant cakes look very good, the 'frosting' is too thick and tastes too sweet for our liking.
Hi cmeilin,

Can u PM me the bakery address after u guys tasted & if it taste & look good. Cos i am in the look out for my son 1 yr old bday. tks tks. :)

newmum80

hi, ya agree with you, fondue cake are thick and sweet, as the top part is make of sugar to make the smooth look.
as for the pic below, i did share this in other link/post..but want to share it here too. I am looking for figuring cake for my baby one years old and this is the cake I order from ecreative..not too ex and the design i custom make. cake taste nice.

Some of the 3D cake baker do not make cake in number one shape, but ecreative do. I have ask a few..and they say only make round cake..be it one or 2 tier.

My friend also order from Ecreative...and choose the cake from the online cateloge...and she also say cake nice, and the cake is 90% exactly as shown in the pic. No disappointment...as her guest also say WOW..nice.

And most bakery their 3d cake cost like $300+. but for ecreative is cheaper..depend on your design.

Hi Sheryl,

Pardon me for asking, isn't 3D cake using fondue skin on top too? wouldnt it be sweet & thick? I'm still deciding between a norm cake vs 3D cake for my son bday. :)

cmeilim

Hi cmeilin,

Can you PM me the bakery address after you guys tasted & if it taste & look good. Cos i am in the look out for my son 1 yr old bday. thanks thanks. :)

for everyone's benefit, the confectionery i used is called Royal River. Details as follows:

86 Whampoa Drive, #01-935, S(320086), tel: 62581070

the cake sponge texture is quite soft. good that it is not too sweet. it is a very traditional confectionery and been there for ages. i dun think it does fondant and 3D cakes, but more basic, traditional designs. what is fun is we get to keep the cars and cartoon figurines. but they forgot to give me elmo and pooh bear figurines. they also changed the cow figurine to a pig one. not sure if it's cos they run out. my hubby collected the cake and didn't ask. it was a happy day and i was going to ruin it by complaining to the confectionery. for that price for a No 1 shaped, 1.5kg cake, i think it's quite a steal already. btw, we chose blackforest flavour. good that the liquor is not strong cos there are kids among the guests.

oh ya one downside is they don't deliver for any amt.

hi, ya agree with you, fondue cake are thick and sweet, as the top part is make of sugar to make the smooth look.

Hi Sheryl,

Pardon me for asking, isn't 3D cake using fondue skin on top too? wouldnt it be sweet & thick? I'm still deciding between a norm cake vs 3D cake for my son bday. :)
Hi Newmum,

Not necessary all 3D cake have to be fondue top. it really depends on what design u choose. some is normal cake cream base..with 3D character on top. some 3D is design using dough...which will increase the weight of the cake..thus costing more. some pple uses toys on the cakes..(3D too).

It really depends on your budget. A 3D cake will definately cost more than a normal cake.

newmum80

for everyone's benefit, the confectionery i used is called Royal River. Details as follows:

86 Whampoa Drive, #01-935, S(320086), tel: 62581070

the cake sponge texture is quite soft. good that it is not too sweet. it is a very traditional confectionery and been there for ages. i dont think it does fondant and 3D cakes, but more basic, traditional designs. what is fun is we get to keep the cars and cartoon figurines. but they forgot to give me elmo and pooh bear figurines. they also changed the cow figurine to a pig one. not sure if it's cos they run out. my hubby collected the cake and didn't ask. it was a happy day and i was going to ruin it by complaining to the confectionery. for that price for a No 1 shaped, 1.5kg cake, i think it's quite a steal already. btw, we chose blackforest flavour. good that the liquor is not strong cos there are kids among the guests.

oh ya one downside is they dont't deliver for any amt.
Hi cmeilin,

thanks alot for your info.

That's indeed a steal for a no. 1 shape cake with figurine included too!!

Would u mind to share the cake photo. :)

apple.koh

Hi mummies,

My son wld be celebrating his 1st birthday in October.
Wanted to get one for my son but felt that it looks abit plastic & worried about the taste.
Can any mummy tell me whether 3D cakes taste good?

Ting

i guess it depends on which bakery/baker u go to. most of us order from Pine gardens, their cake taste great n look good. n they r quite cheap too, compared to pte bakers. :)
so i guess it is safe to go to Pine Gardens.
but then again, those pte bakers, if u see they hv so much "biz" their cakes cant be tt bad til it is inedible. just depends on your tastebuds, some ppl may find it nice, but some may find it too sweet, or not as nice. cant tell til u try it yourself.

apollo

Hi mummies,

My son wld be celebrating his 1st birthday in October.
Wanted to get one for my son but felt that it looks abit plastic & worried about the taste.
Can any mummy tell me whether 3D cakes taste good?
same as Ting, i ordered from PG. i like PG cake cos i feel that the cream and cake is not v v sweet and is always fresh! and i personally dun lik fondant cake, cos the fondant itself is very sweet alrdy. =)

same as Ting, i ordered from PG. i like PG cake cos i feel that the cream and cake is not very very sweet and is always fresh! and i personally dont lik fondant cake, cos the fondant itself is very sweet alrdy. =)
yes i agree with apollo and ting, the top fondue is make of sugar...so is tend to be sweet...but if u peel off the coat...the cake is still very nice. is u want the cake to look nice and smooth, fondue is the one choice, thus u have to give in to the sweetness.

cheyanne mummy

i guess it depends on which bakery/baker you go to. most of us order from Pine gardens, their cake taste great n look good. n they r quite cheap too, compared to pte bakers. :)
so i guess it is safe to go to Pine Gardens.
but then again, those pte bakers, if you see they have so much "biz" their cakes cant be that bad til it is inedible. just depends on your tastebuds, some ppl may find it nice, but some may find it too sweet, or not as nice. cant tell til you try it yourself.
I always order from Bakezstory. Nice homemade cakes n affordable prices. Always use them for all the occasions in our family. U may check out her blog Http://bakezstory.blogspot.com

benkath

Alpha Male
i wanted to order halal bday cakes for my twins 1st bday.....too bad PINE GARDEN is not halal. Any recommendation for gd halal bakers?

pinkwipes

I just did my girl's first birthday last Sunday. I have to say I absolutely love the cake I did for her. Just to share my wonderful cake which I did at Pine Garden's. I customised/designed the cake with my ideas and inspirations from other cakes. All put together nicely and Pine Garden's did the cake awesomely nice! And it's superbly great tasting! I had mine as Lychee Martini and Triple Chocolate, super yummy.

I got loads of compliments for the cake, and more after I uploaded on my Facebook. :)

Mummies who are deciding on which bakery, I strongly recommend Pine Garden's.

I just did my girl's first birthday last Sunday. I have to say I absolutely love the cake I did for her. Just to share my wonderful cake which I did at Pine Garden's. I customised/designed the cake with my ideas and inspirations from other cakes. All put together nicely and Pine Garden's did the cake awesomely nice! And it's superbly great tasting! I had mine as Lychee Martini and Triple Chocolate, super yummy.

I got loads of compliments for the cake, and more after I uploaded on my Facebook. :)

Mummies who are deciding on which bakery, I strongly recommend Pine Garden's.

wow your cake is cute...i won't bear to eat it. how much did you spent on a 2 tier cake?

pinkwipes

wow your cake is cute...i won't bear to eat it. how much did you spent on a 2 tier cake?
2-tier cakes minimum order is 2KG, so I went ahead with it. Mine's $107.
Amount depends on which flavour you choose, mine's Lychee Martini and Triple Chocolate, which is $36 per KG, when I ordered. The rest of the charges are Artistic Labour Charge. :)