Bleeding after 1 check for dilation

fioncess

Hi everyone jus wanna ask if anyone has the same experience as me.

i went for my dilation check ytd for the 1st time, baby engage but my cervix nt open yet..
When doc put in her finger to check it was so painful. After tt it start to bleed a little. Few hrs later it bled till it overflow my pantyliner.
So i went back to check again using ctg but everything was fine. Baby movement was good. Doc say she can check for mi for dilation again but i didn't wan as the pain i experienced was too painful.

Did anyone experienced bleeding after dilation check???
Is it normal? it worries mi alot as i'm due very soon n 1 of the sign of labour is bleeding. So now i cant factor bleeding as my sign of labour right??
Doc say the bleeding must be alot then it's sign of labour but i have nv give birth b4 how do i know wat amt of bleedin is consider alot??

Can anyone advice mi on this??? Thanks!!

M&M

Hi everyone just wanna ask if anyone has the same experience as me.

i went for my dilation check ytd for the 1st time, baby engage but my cervix not open yet..
When doc put in her finger to check it was so painful. After that it start to bleed a little. Few hours later it bled till it overflow my pantyliner.
So i went back to check again using ctg but everything was fine. Baby movement was good. Doc say she can check for mi for dilation again but i didn't want as the pain i experienced was too painful.

Is it normal? it worries mi alot as i'm due very soon and 1 of the sign of labour is bleeding. So now i cant factor bleeding as my sign of labour right??
Doc say the bleeding must be alot then it's sign of labour but i have never give birth before how do i know what amt of bleedin is consider alot??

it is normal to bleed after checking for dilation. the bleeding should be like 2nd or 3rd day of your normal menses or when your menses is about to finish. just use a normal sanitary pad will do. panty liner is not enough.

however, if there should be heavy flow or flow with pain, please go to the hospital at once.

my advise is after check for dilation, please go home and have adequate bed rest.

dcs_81

Sorry me little blur ..
Which week do doctors usually check for dilation?
I am in my 37th week .. going for my check up today ..
Anyone can enlighten me? :nah:

stonston

May I know which gynae? (can PM me if u dun wanna say here)

Cos my gynae check me, no bleeding, no pain, no discomfort, no stain or anything. So I'm wondering could it be the gynae abit too rough?

fioncess

May I know which gynae? (can PM me if you dont wanna say here)

Cos my gynae check me, no bleeding, no pain, no discomfort, no stain or anything. So I'm wondering could it be the gynae abit too rough?
The gynae is from TMC. Or could it be i moved abit when she check for mi. Cos its damn painful n i didnt expect the kind of pain also. After the experience ytd i dreaded going to the gynae to check again next week. Wat shld i do? so scare. can i dun check for dilation amymore n jus wait for baby to come out??

jj25

Alpha Male
The gynae is from Thomson Medical Center. so scare. can i dont check for dilation amymore and just wait for baby to come out??
Try to relax yourself before and during the dilation test....... prepared yourself mentally and remind yourself to relax..........

Start to use your own method(s) to be relax and apply them cos when giving birth, there would be more than 1 dilation test.

stonston

You will constantly need to check for dilation during the labour process. I think it's good to feedback to your gynae about it so that she will be more assuring and gentle when checking you.

When my gynae check me he did tell me what he's going to do and told me it might feel abit uncomfortable, told me to relax. And as he is checking he update me about what he is gonna do so I'm more relaxed and know what to expect.

snowbear

Hi everyone just wanna ask if anyone has the same experience as me.

i went for my dilation check ytd for the 1st time, baby engage but my cervix not open yet..
When doc put in her finger to check it was so painful. After that it start to bleed a little. Few hours later it bled till it overflow my pantyliner.
So i went back to check again using ctg but everything was fine. Baby movement was good. Doc say she can check for mi for dilation again but i didn't want as the pain i experienced was too painful.

Is it normal? it worries mi alot as i'm due very soon and 1 of the sign of labour is bleeding. So now i cant factor bleeding as my sign of labour right??
Doc say the bleeding must be alot then it's sign of labour but i have never give birth before how do i know what amt of bleedin is consider alot??

you bled so much? hmm.. gynae told me that may bleed a little after chking for dilation but i've never bled after that before. Maybe u shld relax a bit more next time. Anyway, the gynae n midwives will have to chk for dilation during the labour process so must get used to it...

fioncess

you bled so much? hmm.. gynae told me that may bleed a little after chking for dilation but i've never bled after that before. Maybe you shld relax a bit more next time. Anyway, the gynae and midwives will have to chk for dilation during the labour process so must get used to it...
ok. i'll try to relax... thks for the advice... so scary....

shopaholic

I had some brown spotting after the check for dilation, didnt exceed what my pantyliner could hold though. So yours sound like quite a lot to me. Also, although the check was a bit uncomfortable, it wasnt that bad to render it painful. Do try to relax and open up so that gynae can check for you properly. I was more nervous for my first pregnancy but subsequently, it was quite a breeze.

All the best! :)

lynnzo

izit a must to check for dilation?when must check?can we dun check?wat is the purpose of checking?thanks in advance mummies..

Domique

FYI i was never checked for dilation. until i got a show and admitted to hospital for delivery then i was checked. must check for dilation meh? I gave birth 1 day before my edd and was nvr check. I think its not necessary unless you do show signs of delivery soon. - such as a show or contractions within 2 mins apart frequently.

:)

jasobias

Me too, currently I am in week 32/33, the doc has yet to start to check for me.
dr wld usually start to check only when u r abt 36-37 weeks.Earlier if u have preterm labor signs like me.My dr started checking mine 34 weeks onwards.Now i am 36 weeks n 3 days.There is no pain or bleeding when my dr checks so i dont mind.At last check few days ago dr say i was already 1plus cm..no wonder i have been getting so many cramps!!!gonna be induced this fri so really excited!!!!:Dancing_wub:

newbie2009

dr wld usually start to check only when you are about 36-37 weeks.Earlier if you have preterm labor signs like me.My dr started checking mine 34 weeks onwards.Now i am 36 weeks and 3 days.There is no pain or bleeding when my dr checks so i dont mind.At last check few days ago dr say i was already 1plus cm..no wonder i have been getting so many cramps!!!gonna be induced this fri so really excited!!!!:Dancing_wub:
Does it mean that if we get cramps often, it is a sign that we are dilating? I have been getting more and more cramps at night lately.

jasobias

36 weeks induced ady?why so fast?im seeing dr koh gim hwee..what about you?
ooh no..will be exactly 37 weeks.I tested positive for strep B so need to go on antibiotic drip for 4 hrs b4 induction to prevent it fr affecting the baby.N at 36 weeks i was already 1 plus cm dilated n still getting lots of contractions.Now losing mucus plug so dr rather kick start it early.I am seeing Dr Lee i Wuen.