Blood in breastmilk

Spiralng

I hv been breastfeeding my ds for 2months. Giving him FM and BM. Today while pumping, suddenly I noticed my breastmilk turn to blood. My breast is squirting blood.:eek: Wonder if anyone encounter this problem or can explain why?

Domique

tat sounds kinda scary.
alittle blood or all blood?

I hv been breastfeeding my ds for 2months. Giving him FM and BM. Today while pumping, suddenly I noticed my breastmilk turn to blood. My breast is squirting blood.:eek: Wonder if anyone encounter this problem or can explain why?

Spiralng

Pure blood instead of milk. It also scare the hell out of me. Hv no choice but to pour the milk away it's full of blood.

yvonne_ktw

Not sure if my advise helps... I do encounter when i pump out my BM, i asked doctor before he says it's safe for BB to drink one.
But i still scare, if u find throw away wasted. u put in fridge for fe hour later the blood will sink to the bottom n u slowly pour out the filtered BM,leave the bottom with blood n throw. I've been doing that and my boi took it's ok for him. =) even before i realize it' blood have been feeding him with blood before also.

BTW, wat is DS ah?

DS is dear son. mine is DD!! daughter... hmmm i dint call up my consultant.. though i got this dunno what lady to call up..................(kk service)............. i had BITS of blood....... i stopped pumping... and waited 9hour for next pump.. then blood gone........ then jump back my usual 3hour pumping... nothing le

Spiralng

Not sure if my advise helps... I do encounter when i pump out my BM, i asked doctor before he says it's safe for BB to drink one.
But i still scare, if u find throw away wasted. u put in fridge for fe hour later the blood will sink to the bottom n u slowly pour out the filtered BM,leave the bottom with blood n throw. I've been doing that and my boi took it's ok for him. =) even before i realize it' blood have been feeding him with blood before also.

BTW, wat is DS ah?
DS is darling son...Wow...u still filter it. Did it happen to u very often? cos this is the first time it happen. In the beginning when i pump it's milk but later when the blood came out, i stopped for a while then when i pump again, it's back to normal milk.
I ask around my relatives no one encounter such problems before. My cousin told me that blood is hard for the baby to digest that's why it's better not to feed the baby. Your advice is really helpful. Will follow your method the next time such problem arises.

yvonne_ktw

hehe.. thanks for advising me DS. hehe...

It do happen to me a few times before.
It started on 2nd week like that. like pump now have, the next pump dun have liao. THen next day or few day later have again.

My hubby say it's alright one cause BB grow in our body with our blood but i dun believe him, i went to ask doctor then i know it's alright to feed.

Actually if think this way, for us we pump so we can see. But those who latch on one, might also have blood just that they can't see cause go straight into BB's mouth liao rit? hehe...

The filter method is my hubby say safe,doctor say safe then i dun wanna throw so put in fridge n after few hour i realize it sank!! haha.. great. Then pour out liao still have bottom with blood and abt 20ml of milk u still wanna save, u keep back in fridge wait for it to sank again. Once, i did the filter 3times to get min. milk thrown away. hehe...

Spiralng

hehe.. thanks for advising me DS. hehe...

It do happen to me a few times before.
It started on 2nd week like that. like pump now have, the next pump dun have liao. THen next day or few day later have again.

My hubby say it's alright one cause BB grow in our body with our blood but i dun believe him, i went to ask doctor then i know it's alright to feed.

Actually if think this way, for us we pump so we can see. But those who latch on one, might also have blood just that they can't see cause go straight into BB's mouth liao rit? hehe...

The filter method is my hubby say safe,doctor say safe then i dun wanna throw so put in fridge n after few hour i realize it sank!! haha.. great. Then pour out liao still have bottom with blood and abt 20ml of milk u still wanna save, u keep back in fridge wait for it to sank again. Once, i did the filter 3times to get min. milk thrown away. hehe...
So the filter part is your theory so smart. Your husband really knowledgeable seems like he did his homework. My husband keep insisting that i called by gynae immediately and stop feed my DS. I told him i check the net first it's not as if i am going to die of blood loss right....you should see the way he react. But I did read up some that say the vessel burst or something like that the rusty pipe....something...so it's normal. Aiyo not their blood of course they say normal but must admit it's really scary.

yvonne_ktw

actually hor, i find my hubby very smart lea. alot of other things i asked him he use his common sense he can explain then i go check it's true as wat he says..

Just to share, duno is it due to a fish "gor he"(hokkien) duno how to spell.
My MIL says when he small he everyday eat this fish.
my huby didnt take any BM at all wor but still so smart, i guess is the fish.
My SIL didn' take BM at all also but not very street smart n she did't take that fish also lar. So i guess is the fish..

Don't stop yr BM wor, cause if u stop pumpim the supply will be lesser. If really scare then once saw blood stop,maybe half hour later then try again. blood might be gone.

Spiralng

actually hor, i find my hubby very smart lea. alot of other things i asked him he use his common sense he can explain then i go check it's true as wat he says..

Just to share, duno is it due to a fish "gor he"(hokkien) duno how to spell.
My MIL says when he small he everyday eat this fish.
my huby didnt take any BM at all wor but still so smart, i guess is the fish.
My SIL didn' take BM at all also but not very street smart n she did't take that fish also lar. So i guess is the fish..

Don't stop yr BM wor, cause if u stop pumpim the supply will be lesser. If really scare then once saw blood stop,maybe half hour later then try again. blood might be gone.
Hmm...Thanks for sharing. Actually Breastmilk is supposed to build up the immune system of a child. My first kid, no BM - always get sick. Second kid BM for 2 weeks slightly stronger than the first but still get sick. Now baby BM till now 2 months...hee hee...hopefully will be the strongest. It's really quite scary seeing the blood i think i pump too hard and overwork my breast.

yvonne_ktw

At first i also tot so sia... I tot the avent electric pump too strong. Cause aft pumping hor, yr nipple will pop out long long like that. haha.. duno maybe cause of the pump or not also. hehe

Spiralng

At first i also tot so sia... I tot the avent electric pump too strong. Cause aft pumping hor, yr nipple will pop out long long like that. haha.. duno maybe cause of the pump or not also. hehe
Yep..my problem confirmed is the pump cos when i increased speed blood spurt out....wah now think of pumping very scare...

Spiralng

DS is dear son. mine is DD!! daughter... hmmm i dint call up my consultant.. though i got this dunno what lady to call up..................(kk service)............. i had BITS of blood....... i stopped pumping... and waited 9hour for next pump.. then blood gone........ then jump back my usual 3hour pumping... nothing le
You mean few drops of blood or hv blood tissue fall out???

yvonne_ktw

eh. duno meaning of blood tissue wor..
It's when pump the milk it's milk colour then awhile nia didn't see,when see how cum the colour chage liao. got red red like that.. at frist duno wat's that.. ask my hubby then i know it's blood.

once a pump when pump there's blood out with milk instead of pure milk.

Spiralng

eh. duno meaning of blood tissue wor..
It's when pump the milk it's milk colour then awhile nia didn't see,when see how cum the colour chage liao. got red red like that.. at frist duno wat's that.. ask my hubby then i know it's blood.

once a pump when pump there's blood out with milk instead of pure milk.
Blood tissue mean bits of sustance from the body.

I think your case like me. Pump too hard liao. Hv to decrease your pump speed level. When i first started to pump also milk then after I read some of the post in this forum and increase the pumping speed, the milk turn to blood. Luckily, I just pump not too long so can afford to pour the milk away.