Blood & mucus in stools!!!

fr0ufr0um0mmy

Hi mommies,

anyone has had problems with their bowel movements? I've been having very bad gas/wind and been having white color mucus secretions whenever i pass motion. Yesterday, it became pretty bad - the only thing that came out was the mucus but it was all bloody!

I have had this problem off and on and even went for barium enema few years back but docs couldn't find anything wrong. I've been googling since last night and alot of info points to IBD - Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Now i'm damn worried...

I tried calling Tan Tock Seng to make appt but they say already closed my case and need to get referral from polyclinic. But that will take very long!! Normally 1-2 months. Now am wondering if calling my gynae will be any help.. I'm only scheduled to see him in 3 weeks and he's from TMC, which is also private..

So worried now.. what should i do??

apollo

Hi mommies,

anyone has had problems with their bowel movements? I've been having very bad gas/wind and been having white color mucus secretions whenever i pass motion. Yesterday, it became pretty bad - the only thing that came out was the mucus but it was all bloody!

I have had this problem off and on and even went for barium enema few years back but docs couldn't find anything wrong. I've been googling since last night and alot of info points to IBD - Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Now i'm damn worried...

I tried calling Tan Tock Seng to make appt but they say already closed my case and need to get referral from polyclinic. But that will take very long!! Normally 1-2 months. Now am wondering if calling my gynae will be any help.. I'm only scheduled to see him in 3 weeks and he's from Thomson Medical Center, which is also private..

So worried now.. what should i do??
since ur gynae is at TMC, just call his clinic up and ask the nurse/gynae whether this is normal anot. usually is is normal they will ask u to stick to ur next appt. if not sure or is abnormal, they will ask u to go down now.

during preg, i also encountered blood in my stools. but i think u better call up ur gynae =)

fr0ufr0um0mmy

Just called the clinic, spoke to the recep girls. My gynae only has morning clinic so will go see him tmw. But she say if having more stomach pains & bleeding, cannot wait must go direct to the 24 hr clinic... Now i feel ok, no bleeding when go toilet so will hang on till tmw.

Really hope everything will be ok.. sighhh.. The last time it was this bad i was still in poly (years ago) and the doctor suspected i had cancer! Coz not normal to have mucus in your bowels, esp if mucus together with blood.Then went for some tests, came back ok. But no follow up after that. Now i'm worried what if...

Trying to not think too much and be strong for my darling baby. Pls pray for me that everything will be ok!

diymummy

You will be fine. Don't think too much! Stress can make you feel bad too.

Just try to relax and get rest.

Hope everything will be ok. Take care.

fr0ufr0um0mmy

Just to update, I did went to my gynae and he mention the blood n mucus could be from piles. At the same time, he did a culture swap to see if there was any infection.

Got the result ystdy, and I do have a bacterial infection. But they say it's nothing too serious and gave me some oral medication to take. Hope that I'll recover well and all be back to normal... It's been a stressful week!

ls.ting

Hi all, recently i also having same problem as fr0ufr0um0mmy. I have had a diarrhea since last Tuesday and diarrhea stopped after I taken the medicine that prescribed by GP and he told me it's normal to have bloody stool if had a bad diarrhea. But now i still have mucus and blood in stool....and lots of abdominal gas.. It's so worrying... Should i go for further screening? Anyone know how much is the colonoscopy and any female doctor to recommend? Anyone encountered same problem? Mind to share and give some advices here...Thanks