Borned May 2nd, 2000 - Died Nov 16th, 2007

BunnyKiss

This is the end of our journey together. And I'm glad, really really glad.

We met in Japan. Got married shortly after 6 months, mostly compulsiveness and naivety on my side. He is quick and bad tempered. A bang at the door and table may seem nothing to him, but it affected me greatly. I just kept quiet, all I could do was cry myself to sleep. Yet I was adamant he can change. Yet I was wrong, times and again. I began to realise my temper started to flare too. I no longer want to kept quiet and be bullied. So on one occasion I fought back, and received my first slap. It didn't stop from there, it was just the beginning. I should have left him, but I didn't coz I believe he can change if he wanted to. I didn't leave coz we were overseas, and being a housewife, I have absolutely no savings, couldnt even afford the flight ticket back.

The opportunity of getting freed finally arrived when we came back for a holiday. I took the risk. Stayed to look for a job. He followed suit 9 months later. Deep in my heart I knew, the marriage was not working. But not until the time we fought and he bare fist hit and fractured my arm, trying to strangle me, did I realised, it's not only affecting us, but the young child too. If we continued to stay together just for child, letting him witnesses all the fightings, is this better for him?

Enough is enough. Without hesitation, I filed for divorce.

Looking back, I never once regret the decision. For me, definitely the marriage has to go. My concern is just for the child. We both have our child access timing, and I realised whenever he's with me, I give him my quality time with him and the same goes with the daddy, coz subconciously we know we're not seeing the child 24x7. And the child is so much happier. And I'm very very GLAD I made the decision.

For now, I'm just a money digging tool, hopefully saving enough to buy our own flat, maybe another 1-2 yrs down the road. :shyxxx:

tommyBoi

Alpha Male
BK, After reading ur story, i feel happy for u to leave a man like him.. I know how is it like to live together wif a hot temper and violence man. Luckily u make the decision now than continue to suffer... as well as ur ds. Everyone sure to make mistake in life, the most important thing is to realise the mistake and learn from it. U definitely can continue to live happily without him. Remember that ur happiness is always lie in ur own hand, no one can take or control over it.. Cheers Bunny!!

Btw, is he a japanese?? :001_302:

Angelmum

What's Borned May 2nd, 2000 - Died Nov 16th, 2007??
I thot a child was born n died few yrs later

Thot u quoting a sad child's story, after reading den realised u r talking about yrself

CynCyn

Thot u quoting a sad child's story, after reading den realised u r talking about yrself
Haha , agree I thought what also ... =p

LoVeS

Same initially i tot sum poor kid died or wat. Anyway it gd tt she move on wif divorce coz violence towards women are not to b tolerate !! Wife is to DOTE n LOVE not to HIT or VENT MACHINE.

M

^Mami_Jazz^

Hi Bunny,

let the moth be a history & look for a beautiful butterfly to fly with u :Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue: Cheers !!!

Jiayou !!!

xiaodaisy

jiayou wor, but really have to peifu u for being able to ren him so long sia.. aniwae all is over now n ur FREE now !! so take care n may happiness be with u wherever u go =)

mar_mum

Y are such cases on the rise?

I think that ladies should learn to be more careful when it comes to selecting a partner for life. Don't depend on love alone. The character of the partner is very important. And pre-marital sex can kill! If you get married because of the bb and can't get along in future then decide divorce, the kid is the one who suffer.

My hb always ask me y i marry him. And i answered, "for companionship". It may sound crazy cos I din answer " cos of love". But think about it, issn't ur hb someone who is going to company you till you die? Of cos if you don't love him or have any feelings, you won't want him to company you too. So think about it. Y did u marry your hb? :nah:

LoVeS

Y are such cases on the rise?

I think that ladies should learn to be more careful when it comes to selecting a partner for life. Don't depend on love alone. The character of the partner is very important. And pre-marital sex can kill! If you get married because of the bb and can't get along in future then decide divorce, the kid is the one who suffer.

My hb always ask me y i marry him. And i answered, "for companionship". It may sound crazy cos I din answer " cos of love". But think about it, issn't ur hb someone who is going to company you till you die? Of cos if you don't love him or have any feelings, you won't want him to company you too. So think about it. Y did u marry your hb? :nah:
eh i dun agree on PRE-MARTIAL SEX CAN KILL. Dun bcoz of sum black sheep then condemn all ppl on such things. I got pregnant b4 i am married to my dh BUT so wat? We didnt marry for the sake of bb but rather for the LOVE & feelings for each other while bb is secondary. Anyway it not all mummy will marry JUZ bcoz they haf bbs.

BunnyKiss

Thanks ALL!! muack>>muack>>>

Love is blind. I always envy the Indians. Until now most marriages are still parents approved. Parents have more experience and most importantly they see the real him, whereas we are blinded, thinking using heart and not mind. Marriage woke us up to reality. But by then, too late...

spottycow

I think we women should learn to be more independent. Then we won't be caught off guard if the unexpected happens.

BunnyKiss

I think we women should learn to be more independent. Then we won't be caught off guard if the unexpected happens.
Very true. Sad that in this world, no one is trustworthy enough for us to completely rely on.

And I was caught in this situation. For the six years I was not working (mostly due to immigration status). Now when I'm back in SG, find that at this age to start all over again, kinda difficult. Took me 3 months to find a job, mostly because I'm out of IT line for a long time. And not to mention the pay is miserable. So have to at least hop to another job once a year to make up the difference.

Just I'm just waiting to pass each day..since salary doesn't correspond to how much you know, but how many years of experience...:tlaugh:

shopaholic

I think you're a strong woman to make that move. Be strong, I'm glad to read that you're happier w/out a man like him. Take care and jia you!! :)