Bowl & Spoon

diymummy

I'm using Pigeon Bowl and Spoon.

But the spoon seems too small for my boy once he hit 10mths. So I bought the Tommee Tipee Spoon.

jasobias

i bot the little munchkins ones.Its small enuf for babies who r just starting to eat.N long handle for me to hold on properly when feeding.Bowl can use any thing i think as long as plastic coz sometimes bowl can fall onto the floor when feeding if baby suddenly makes a grab for it

mandymtb

thks mummies!

i was @ kiddy planning to buy some bowls ad spoons for baby... but was too overwhelmed with the choices or rather i do not know which and what to get... and end up getting nothing even thoug its my 2nd trip there.... *blah...

should i get a small bowl to start off with? or shld i jus get a big bowl so that when she eats more later, i dont hv to buy another bowl??

CanCanMum

last time baber used piyo piyo milk bottles

so i juz bou same brand for his weaning spoon and bowls~~~

till now, my mum still uses same bowl lols~~~

juz need to scoop 2 times lorr... (2nd helping)

its oso beta coz the food stays warm inside the pot while baber eats first bowl......if all one shot dump into a big bowl he takes his own sweet time to finish and den horr all turned cold liaOooozzz

Last edited:

apollo

ds is using pigeon bowl and spoon... might be getting him some spoons from munchkins soon.. =)

autumn82

I'm was using combi spoon & bowls when I started Iggy on semi solids. Currently, I'm using Munchkins bowl (coz the lid is tight enuff to not leak if I bring out) + combi's spoon now. :001_302:

Last edited:

mandymtb

CanCan Mum: the piyo piyo u using got print inside the bowl? wanted to get cos the bowl i saw comes with something like a anti-slip at the bottom BUT the bowl is small....

autumn82: where did u get the combi bowl frm? i didnt see it at kiddy.... i saw the spoon thou... likely to get it cos it says the tip is soft, good for baby's gum...

mummies who use pigeon: is the bowl too small?? actually i dun noe how much the cereal will be aft i made it, so i m not sure if the bowl is enuff to hold the cereal.... this is also why i hesitated buying the piyo piyo one... cos the bowl looks very small! hahahaha

mummies who use munchkins: are the tip of the spoon really soft? cos it looks plastic-y to me... like norm plastic spoon...

uddermummy

i'm using boon fork and spoon, ikea's bb bowls, correlle bowls. All are bpa free cos i v kiasu and kiasi.

i used to use nuby bpa free spoon but it gets stains v easily and the stains don't wash off.

the boon one is good cos it doesn't get stained by dark coloured food and the curve and size of the spoon is just nice for my ger's grasp. V happy with the spoon. :)

diymummy

Hi Mandy,

I'm using Pigeon and the bowl does get too small once your baby's intake increases. Now the porridge that my baby is eating is filled the the brim of the bowl.

As for how much cereal, usually I use spoon to measure rather than the bowl... Easier if I intend to change bowl.

autumn82

CanCan Mum: the piyo piyo you using got print inside the bowl? wanted to get cos the bowl i saw comes with something like a anti-slip at the bottom BUT the bowl is small....

autumn82: where did you get the combi bowl frm? i didnt see it at kiddy.... i saw the spoon thou... likely to get it cos it says the tip is soft, good for baby's gum...

mummies who use pigeon: is the bowl too small?? actually i dont know how much the cereal will be after i made it, so i m not sure if the bowl is enuff to hold the cereal.... this is also why i hesitated buying the piyo piyo one... cos the bowl looks very small! hahahaha

mummies who use munchkins: are the tip of the spoon really soft? cos it looks plastic-why to me... like norm plastic spoon...
:err: I got the combi ones from BHG and Takashimaya. Yes, I like that spoon and am still using it! :p I bought the self feed ones too but that is really for self feed coz the angle of the spoon is not really comfy for me to feed him.

I like the munchkin bowls that comes in 3 sizes together with suction plates below and lids. Can use for different stages :)

CanCanMum

CanCan Mum: the piyo piyo you using got print inside the bowl? wanted to get cos the bowl i saw comes with something like a anti-slip at the bottom BUT the bowl is small....

autumn82: where did you get the combi bowl frm? i didnt see it at kiddy.... i saw the spoon thou... likely to get it cos it says the tip is soft, good for baby's gum...

mummies who use pigeon: is the bowl too small?? actually i dont know how much the cereal will be after i made it, so i m not sure if the bowl is enuff to hold the cereal.... this is also why i hesitated buying the piyo piyo one... cos the bowl looks very small! hahahaha

mummies who use munchkins: are the tip of the spoon really soft? cos it looks plastic-why to me... like norm plastic spoon...
nope we particularly selected the one without prints inside coz my mum said the print when we scrub/heat will melt inside food lols~~~~:p

ya its small, baber got to eat 2 bowls to be full~~~

annie

my girl dosent eat that much per meal so the pigeon bowl is just nice for her. she usually takes 1 bowl of it. almost filled to the brim. but most of the time she dun finish it. left a few mouth always..

meiteoh

I bought the Nuby spoons which have long handles, temp sensor and are soft tipped. I also have some from my flight with SIA which I let her hold for a while (to get used to the spoon).

But in terms of bowls, I have a few small plastic bowls which I think will do just fine coz 1) I'm not going to reheat food in plastic bowls and 2) the food I serve to her cannot be hot or nearly hot enough to leach BPA from it.

I *was* eyeing the weaning set by Pigeon though...so who knows, I might just get that. :)

Last edited:

mandymtb

uddermummy: where to get this boon spoon frm? Ikea also?

autumn82: thks! will try go to these places one of these days

btw mummies, are all nuby pdts BPA free?? cos i got a gift set frm my fren but it state its BPA free...

uddermummy

hi mandymtb, i got the bpa free boon set from the first few years at paragon. I saw boon products at mums n babes, but they didn't state that the products were bpa free.

not all nuby products are bpa free, must look for the bpa free statement on the packaging.

btw, sometimes you can check on your own if the products are bpa free.

the number 7 symbol is usually used for plastics containing bpa, and number 5 is >PP<, polypropylene and is bpa free. You can look for these recycling symbols at the bottom of the products, or for >PP< or >PPR< for bpa free products. Avoid PVC or PC (polycarbonate).

Cos some brands are cheaper and they don't advertise that they are bpa free.

Last edited:

CJmom

hi uddermummy

So is number 5 the only one that is bpa free? What about 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6?

hi mandymtb, gerber brand also do carry BPA free products. What I was told that BPA free bottles are "softer".