Boy hates the walker!!!

Ottermum

Help! my boy hates the walker n he doesn't know how to 'walk' when he's on it!!! only knows how to reverse...n keeps crying!!!

at my mum's place he sits on his jumperoo though...he's ok with it!

so tired gotta keep carrying him!

any advices?? :err:

austrina

erm ottermum... hw old is your boy? tends 2 reverse is what they normally do when they 1st sit on e walker... My dear daughter & dear son also like 2 do reversin when they 1st sit on e walker & they look so funny... once they gt e hang out of it they will like 2 use their legs 2 roll 4ward liaoz...
s 4 cryin... there can b due 2 many reasons... mayb e walker is a strange thing 2 him so when you put him in it he will gt scared & cry... try lettin him play w e walker then after awhile then put him inside e walker then try again & c hw he reacts...

itz actally a good thing dat your boy rejects sittin on e walker coz itz not good 4 their leg muscle movements if you let dem slide thru & fro e house over a long period of time... bt if he does sit on it try puttin e stoppers & let him use his legs muscles 2 push e walker... datz what i do ... lolx
:tlaugh:

autumn82

Help! my boy hates the walker and he doesn't know how to 'walk' when he's on it!!! only knows how to reverse...and keeps crying!!!

Iggy also hates the walker. So I just let him "loose" in the hse unless I gotta bath for his jiejie, then I have to put him in the walker for awhile (5-10mins). He will start fussing and screaming if I leave him in it for more than 10mins. LOL. :p

annie03

Help! my boy hates the walker and he doesn't know how to 'walk' when he's on it!!! only knows how to reverse...and keeps crying!!!

Hi Ottermum,

my gal is just 3 weeks older than ur son and my gal is doing well in her walker... n my gal face the same situation like ur son, only know hw to reverse in the beginning n later on will learn hw to control within a wk n slowly more n more, now my gal is going round the hse happily... maybe you can distract him by giving him his teether or any other toys 1st before putting him in his walker or maybe use his walker deskboard to make some noises to distract him cos this is hw i use it on my gal too n initially maybe leave him for 10mins and subsequently 20mins n more... hope this helps... =)

Ottermum

ok thanks everyone! i'll try...in fact we put him on it 1st thing in the morning...he'll start playing with the toys on the deskboard n 5 mins later he starts screaming again!

well it's only few days since he started sitting on it...hopefully by next week he'll cruise around the house!

yup we know it's not advisable to put babies on the walker but we have no choice...he's starting to wear us out...we really need the walker!