Bradley Method, Hypnobirthing

k-mom

Hi, i'm keen to have a drug-free natural delivery (provided there are no complications) ;)

I was wondering if any moms out there had any experience with the Bradley method or Hypnobirthing, and where I could take classes (were the classes useful or can just read books?)

Thanks in advance!

sugarcookie

I didn't manage to do it without an epidural but my sister gave birth to two babies using natal hypnotherapy. No drugs, just gas.

She used a series of CDs by Maggie Howell. Apparently, they really helped her.

stonston

If budget permits, you can hire a doula. You can find doula services & such classes at Tanglin Mall :)

k-mom

sugarcookie - thanks much. i'll go check them out

baby sadako - hats off to you. i hope when my time comes, i'll be able to do it too

stonton - not sure if kk would allow doulas. they seem to be a bit strict :(

sugarcookie - thanks much. i'll go check them out

baby sadako - hats off to you. i hope when my time comes, i'll be able to do it too

stonton - not sure if kk would allow doulas. they seem to be a bit strict :(

hehe just bear with it bah...if not, bite yr hubby;)

sunshinyday

Hi,

Check out Parentlink at their website for a doula.

You will need a birth plan to ensure your birth choice is respected.

KK does allow the Parentlink doula. I have birthed there before. If you would like to learn more about kk birth allowances, feel free to contact me at 96333137 (Evelyn) and we could always discuss.

If you would like, i am a doula in training and we could work out something on the pre-natal childbirth education in private and also provide doula service.

Cheers, Evelyn

wenz

wat does hypnobirthing means???
i manage to have 3 birth w/o drug just gas...
in fact my last birth gynae was not here yet and i push myself n he was only here when baby was half out... got some small tears thou..

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
do check out fourtrimesters.com Ginny was one of the first hypnobirthing practioners in Singapore.

If you'd rather go the DIY route, NLB has a book on Hypnobirthing (chk the catelogue). It comes with a cd that you can play (no need for premium membership).