Daryl

Alpha Male
Hi, anyone going for this course "What To Do About Your Brain Injured Child" on the 25th - 30th July?

sushigal

Hi all, I just noticed that the course for 5 days is ard 1k (is it in SGD??) for 1 parent attending. It's a bit steep for me. I just resigned from my current fulltime job to take care of my boy who has GDD. So my family has to budget and save as much as possible. Can anyone tell me whether is this course very worth going? And anyone can tell me what can I expect to learn from this course?

Angelmum

1k??:err:

The last time I attended it cost SGD3K for a 5-day course at Grand Copthrone Waterfront.

This is a course for parents who can carry out what you were taught daily and with a regular routine... to see results and make yr $$ worth. FYI, U cant do 3 times today and skip for a few days cos u r busy, especially when comes to patterning.

You can type 'Glen Doman' in YouTube to see some examples.

There's also a GD forum. Forget where I put my link. The members are mainly GD graduates, offering their experience and asking for directions to carry out GD.

sushigal

The last time I attended it cost SGD3K for a 5-day course at Grand Copthrone Waterfront.

This is a course for parents who can carry out what you were taught daily and with a regular routine... to see results and make yr $$ worth. FYI, you cant do 3 times today and skip for a few days cos you r busy, especially when comes to patterning.

You can type 'Glen Doman' in YouTube to see some examples.

There's also a good forum. Forget where I put my link. The members are mainly good graduates, offering their experience and asking for directions to carry out good.
Hah Angelmum, I dunno did I see the info correctly or not. Coz the application form doesn't seems to be like for Singapore one. =P Wow u paid 3k for it!!! Is it really worth gg??

Time wise... I cannt say I no time for boy le, coz I finally quit my job to b home with him now... He's my boss now...

I will go YouTube to search... Thanks yah...

U are really 1 good mum!!

MaLee56

Oh btw Angelmum, did you follow what they asked you to do? you got see results??
Hi Sushigal
The reason why we signed up is because we spoke to a set of parents who have been in glenn doman program for 6 years. it worked well for their CP kid. so we are giving it a try. we will know more after we attend the course next week.
I do suggest you speak with these parents as well. You need to have a good idea what is it all about.
Also the medical diagnosis of your boy is important too. My girl has high lactate in her body due to her metabolic disorder. So whenever she needs to be admitted, we need to inform the doctors so that her drip must not be normal insulin. it will be half.

Angelmum

This is a course for parents who can carry out what you were taught daily and with a regular routine... to see results and make yr $$ worth. FYI, you cant do 3 times today and skip for a few days cos you r busy, especially when comes to patterning.
Oh btw Angelmum, did you follow what they asked you to do? you got see results??
To see results especially to do Patterning, u need 2 person. Thus, being a SAHM with no other helper, I couldn't carry out patterning on a regular basis = no result, didn't do. Tried 'Reading' by flashing words ... now collecting dust. Maybe I'll try this again ....

sushigal

Hi Sushigal
The reason why we signed up is because we spoke to a set of parents who have been in glenn doman program for 6 years. it worked well for their CP kid. so we are giving it a try. we will know more after we attend the course next week.
I do suggest you speak with these parents as well. You need to have a good idea what is it all about.
Also the medical diagnosis of your boy is important too. My girl has high lactate in her body due to her metabolic disorder. So whenever she needs to be admitted, we need to inform the doctors so that her drip must not be normal insulin. it will be half.
Hi MaLee56, thanks for your input. Katherine got back to me with the course fee, and I almost fainted. Anyway most of the stuffs for special needs are very ex one...

Just wandering, wat can I be expected to see in my boy if I do this program? I dun know anyone with special needs children using this program lei, tat's why I will have to rely on this forum.

sushigal

To see results especially to do Patterning, you need 2 person. Thus, being a stay at home mum with no other helper, I couldn't carry out patterning on a regular basis = no result, didn't do. Tried 'Reading' by flashing words ... now collecting dust. Maybe I'll try this again ....
I search for patterning in utube and saw wat is it about. This is taught in the course? Btw Angelmum, will they asked u to buy their materials during the course?

Angelmum

I search for patterning in utube and saw what is it about. This is taught in the course? Btw Angelmum, will they asked you to buy their materials during the course?

They will tell u about the program, show u examples of ppl who had benefited n u wld be be tempted to buy for the sake of yr child. u can opt to buy when u have yr breaks.... most ppl wld be crowding n busy asking GD staff questions. Hv not encountered any pushing to buy. Saw on other forum, ppl selling 2nd hand GD stuff. Like reading, u can diy yr own.

Pls share with us yr experience after attending e course. Knew tis program 2 years ago. Hold back 'cos of e fees. Katherine did mention tat they accept installation if u cant fork it out. Another prob, nobody helps us to look after my girl when we go for e course.

Angelmum

Another prob, nobody helps us to look after my girl when we go for e course.

JUST ONE PERSON required to go... need not be two.

you can read and surf - won't be able to gain full knowledge from a PAID course but you do a read up of all the postings from different webs, see the videos .... weigh the pros and cons, most important, who else can help you at home do patterning daily, same routine. If can't, no point spend S$3000.

my baby can read Glenn Doman methods YouTube - YouTube
Domans method of patterning - YouTube
• View forum - Glenn Doman Method Discussion this is not the best forum, I can't find the web address.

How to Teach Your Child Math: Glenn Doman’s Dot Method | Child and Me

Last edited:

sushigal

I have the slide to use for this Glenn doman method to give away free. Juz have to arrange transport to collect from me at tampines by mid august. Let me know if u interested to get.

niuniumum

Hello mummy friends, i was searching on help for brain-injured child and saw this https://www.facebook.com/events/615797171822844/

I see that the 5days What To Do About Your Brain-Injured Child is back in July. Heard a lot of good reviews of the course using Glenn Doman method. I'm interested to attend but my budget is tight, i called in and they said they offer installment plan. I was wondering if any parents will be going, hope i can hear more about the course from related mothers. Can anyone tell me more about it please?