Brand of Baby Wipes

shespice

Hi mommies, care to share which brand of baby wipes you feel is better for your baby and why? Sometimes its hard to find a suitable brand especially when they are selling so many types and some with special offers that comes in 3 or 4 in a pack. I personally prefer the thicker clothlike type but can't quite remember which brand that was LOL. Thank you!

diymummy

Hi shespice,

I was using the J&J baby wipes. But my baby was allergic to it, even though I bought the fragrance free ones.

I changed to tollyjoy wipes (those in a blue container) But it's difficult to pull and it doesn't tear when you pull so I found it troublesome.

In the end I switched to Pigeon brand. It's a one-hand system which I find convenient. Most importantly my baby is not allergic to it. It doesn't dry up fast also, unlike the tollyjoy one.

Domique

I am going to try out huggies with great recommendation from a mummy friend.

Thick and good.... better than pigeon... will try and advise again.

Hi mommies, care to share which brand of baby wipes you feel is better for your baby and why? Sometimes its hard to find a suitable brand especially when they are selling so many types and some with special offers that comes in 3 or 4 in a pack. I personally prefer the thicker clothlike type but can't quite remember which brand that was LOL. Thank you!

apollo

i'm using pigeon. very good! not v wet and it comes out one by one, unlike J&J, when i put, whole stack come out tgt.

angelwendy

Actually if u r cleaning ur baby at home... u can try get the big roll of cotton.. then pull out a bit.. & get a small pail of water.. soak & wipe for them... is more cost saving & is better for baby skin... my aunt teach me... she is already mother of 3...But if u r outside then bring the baby wipe....

apollo

Actually if you are cleaning your baby at home... you can try get the big roll of cotton.. then pull out a bit.. & get a small pail of water.. soak & wipe for them... is more cost saving & is better for baby skin... my aunt teach me... she is already mother of 3...But if you are outside then bring the baby wipe....
that's what i do nowadays.. last time always use wet wipes, WOW pocket many holes... nowadays 1 pack can last v long. haha... and actu by using warm water and cotton, is cleaner...:tlaugh:

candy_ian

i'm using huggies wipes, thick n good and frangrance free... Whenever my son poos 3 pcs is enough whereas pigeon i need like 10 or 15 wipes..

angelwendy

that's what i do nowadays.. last time always use wet wipes, WOW pocket many holes... nowadays 1 pack can last very long. haha... and actually by using warm water and cotton, is cleaner...:tlaugh:

yup Yup cause baby wipes... if for everyday use.. is very ex... & also think since baby skin is so soft... should not contact with so many chemical... hee... yup aunt say is much more cleaner... & also not easy to get rash....

jasobias

Me using Johnson n johnson pink one.Quite thick n gd leh.Always stock up when they have the 3 packs sale for $9.90.Used it for all my 3 kids.If can wipe with water gd lah but me no time..always rushing ard so i just use the wipes.Spend a bit money but preserve my sanity a bit..hehehhe

PinkDiamonds

I'm using Pigeon brand.

Like diymummy I used to use the Tollyjoy ones. They are okay in the midroll, but as you go towards the end it's really difficult to pull out. Not very convenient with a wriggly baby with a diaper full of poo.

In the end I switched to Pigeon and it's reaaaallly convenient. At the beginning though, when you have to deal with a newborn who poos a lot, I'd recommend you to just use lukewarm water to rinse the buttock area. It is much more cost effective and if you are breastfeeding, the poo will come off VERY EASILY.

During the first month of DD's life, I remember we could easily go through 2-3 packs of refill a week!

shespice

Hey mommies, thanks for all the replies and suggestions. Yeah I also prefer to use cotton and water when at home. I use the wipes when going out and for providing to the infantcare centre. At the moment I am using all kinds of brands as I buy when I happen to see packs on sale. Agreed that some too wet, some too thin, some tears easily, and some come out more than one when pulling out! So far have not tried Huggies wipes, may try it out one of these days :)

diymummy

Hi Regina,

I used Kodomo before also. It's not as good as Pigeon because sometimes I need two hands the seperate the wipes. Sometimes 2 pieces stick together. But quality is better than Tollyjoy. Can compare to Pigeon just not as convenient.

apollo

Hi Regina,

I used Kodomo before also. It's not as good as Pigeon because sometimes I need two hands the seperate the wipes. Sometimes 2 pieces stick together. But quality is better than Tollyjoy. Can compare to Pigeon just not as convenient.
last time when i was still preg, got a tollyjoy sample. but i dont lik cos got a weird smell (the pink packaging)... haha..

diymummy

Hi Sephoria,

I haven't tried that one but I use the normal Pigeon wipes to also wipe my son's hands and mouth... :x