Breakfast for your ds/dd?

SunShine07

Hi all,

My 18mth old son recently don like to take cereal and bread as well. Any other alternative for breakfast?

What do you normal feed your ds/dd for breakfast?

Phoebii Cheng

Hmm u can try giving him breakfast cereals like honey stars, or cornflakes or cherios? Sometime I give my son tht and he likes it, but not too much lah....cos' it is sweet for us normally if bfast we eat out during weekends, my son likes what we are eating, so we normally give him varieties, like "chwee kue" without the chay po, and "zhu chang fen" without the sweet sauce.....etc:tlaugh:

SunShine07

Hmm u can try giving him breakfast cereals like honey stars, or cornflakes or cherios? Sometime I give my son tht and he likes it, but not too much lah....cos' it is sweet for us normally if bfast we eat out during weekends, my son likes what we are eating, so we normally give him varieties, like "chwee kue" without the chay po, and "zhu chang fen" without the sweet sauce.....etc:tlaugh:
Oh ok...did tried give my son the honey stars, but he dun quiet like it also.....fussy leh. I was wondering if can give him like quaker oat? Wonder if is it ok for his digestive system?

But for lunch and dinner still ok. I thnk he likes rice or porridge type of foods loh.....

snowbear

half boiled egg??? really? Oh i tot bb can only take fully cooked egg? :err:
After 10 months old, your child can eat half-boiled egg already. :) Read that in a pamphlet from the polyclinic.

Perhaps you can try making omelette if he likes eggs? You can add diced veg and chicken into it to make it more nutritious...

SunShine07

After 10 months old, your child can eat half-boiled egg already. :) Read that in a pamphlet from the polyclinic.

Perhaps you can try making omelette if he likes eggs? You can add diced veg and chicken into it to make it more nutritious...
Oh really, thanks.....

He loves egg...but 1 week can give him how much?

yakii

Oh really, thanks.....

He loves egg...but 1 week can give him how much?
One week 1 egg for kids. But then i always feel kids always running ard and burning faster then adult shd be able to eat 2 ba..my 2 cent worth..he heee

SunShine07

One week 1 egg for kids. But then i always feel kids always running ard and burning faster then adult shd be able to eat 2 ba..my 2 cent worth..he heee
hahah, ok my son also active so maybe he can take 2 bah:tlaugh: thanks~

yakii

is it ok to feed him quaker oat now?
I am not very sure but then i feel is kind of heaty for kids to take oat. So till know i didnt give my DS who is 3 yr old wif oat. Anyway i am lucky that my DS is easy....he love bread wif cheese, hard boil egg or anything u give him he will munch it all up..ha ahaa

SunShine07

I am not very sure but then i feel is kind of heaty for kids to take oat. So till know i didnt give my DS who is 3 yr old wif oat. Anyway i am lucky that my DS is easy....he love bread wif cheese, hard boil egg or anything u give him he will munch it all up..ha ahaa
initially my son also like that, give him whatever he will eat....now sigh....dun wan to eat.

Give him cheese with bread, b4 loves it, but later on reject it.:nah:

snowbear

My coming 10-month-old dd takes egg every day!!! :tlaugh:Read somewhere that there are no restrictions on children for eggs. My 2-year-old niece also eats egg every day. No issue. Even when i asked the doc he said that there's no guideline for children coz they're growing and egg is good for growth!!! :)

SunShine07

My coming 10-month-old dd takes egg every day!!! :tlaugh:Read somewhere that there are no restrictions on children for eggs. My 2-year-old niece also eats egg every day. No issue. Even when i asked the doc he said that there's no guideline for children coz they're growing and egg is good for growth!!! :)
oh ok, that is great. can give him egg more...:001_302:

pokemon97

yes, i have read that too, it's ok for children to eat everyday cos there's alot of benefits, it's high in protein, iron, minerals and B vitamins. My son also like to eat egg, i will cook half-boiled egg, scrambled egg and omelette with cheese, ham or sausage.

vonn81

oh yes...egg can be given everyday to kid. I've gave my dd oats (organic) since she is 10-11 mths bah cant really remember the exactly...i gave her s breakfast. i add banana/prune/raisins/strawberry to it. she loves it ...until she is sick of it liao i give her bread..stop for awhile now i started giving her again...she still likes it. so it should be ok to give oats bah...

stonston

my son eats oats almost everyday. he likes it!
sometimes with banana, sometimes with cheese, sometimes with cranberries, etc etc :)

he also has bread (french toast), quail's egg (smaller size, easier for him to handle), cornflakes (no sugar), etc .

u can try to experiment with the different types of foods available. no harm giving other stuff a try :D

SunShine07

my son eats oats almost everyday. he likes it!
sometimes with banana, sometimes with cheese, sometimes with cranberries, etc etc :)

he also has bread (french toast), quail's egg (smaller size, easier for him to handle), cornflakes (no sugar), etc .

u can try to experiment with the different types of foods available. no harm giving other stuff a try :D
what brand/type of oat you give him? Heard it is quiet heaty. I gave my son cereal, bread dun like even i try give different flavour. he just dun like the texture, i guess. He used to eat whatever i give him, now so fussy:nah:

Tot of trying oat. but dun know what brand beside the quake oat.

stonston

i give him organic BABY OATS (it's not heaty like the normal oats).
baby oats' texture is different from normal oats :)
u can buy it easily from larger supermarkets with organic section.

and my maid likes to cook it with milk regular milk to increase his milk intake :)