Breakfast

Hi mummies,

My ds coming to 9mths old, i actually give him cheese with pasta, would like to give cheese to spread the bread to let him hv it for breakfast. Can my son now eat bread? and which kind of bread to buy?

Thanks inadvance:)

CanCanMum

does ur baby know how to chew already?

i only gave cereal during breakfast when baber was around yr boys age

coz i dunno how to feed them bread

snowbear

I fed alicia Sunshine's Softmeal bread (60% wholegrains) when she was 9mths as she decided to stop eating porridge and cereal for about 3wks!

annie

cheese at 9mths is perfectly ok.

i gave my girl bread only at 10mths cos i was worried bout wheat allergy. i have only given her white bread till now.

does your baby know how to chew already?

i only gave cereal during breakfast when baber was around your boys age

coz i dont know how to feed them bread
Not realli know hw to chew. ok. me too, breakfast is either cereal or oats with fruits or veg and egg yolk.

I only give my son, a pinch of my bread when i m having it.

I fed alicia Sunshine's Softmeal bread (60% wholegrains) when she was 9mths as she decided to stop eating porridge and cereal for about 3wks!
Ok thks. Meaning she rejected cereal n porridge and u gave her bread ar..

How much does she ate? half and without the outer skin?

annie

i give her those slices cheese straight cos she love them. she will snatch the cheese from me though her mouth is still full of cheese!

OR i use those shreded cheese n add into her omelette/fried egg or sometimes i put cheese on top of her salmon...

not snowbear but for my girl, she usually takes 1 whole pc of bread without the outer skin + 1 or half a fried egg/omelette with cheese/hard boiled egg for her breakfast. sometimes i give her french toast. she will also finish 1 whole pc of french toast. if pancakes, its the same. she will finish bout 1 to 1.5pc of adult size pancakes for her breakfast..recently i cook oatmeal she also reject.. used to be her fav.. so now most of the time she will be taking those above for her breakfast...

snowbear

Ok thks. Meaning she rejected cereal n porridge and you gave her bread ar..

How much does she ate? half and without the outer skin?
yup, gave her bread and pasta in place of cereal and porridge for about 3wks till she accepted porridge again.

She can eat about 1 slice without the outer skin. Sometimes half... really depends on her mood that day. :tlaugh:

She ate her veggies and cod as per normal, only changed the staple for her during that time.

Priya Diva

yup, gave her bread and pasta in place of cereal and porridge for about 3wks till she accepted porridge again.

She can eat about 1 slice without the outer skin. Sometimes half... really depends on her mood that day. :tlaugh:

She ate her veggies and cod as per normal, only changed the staple for her during that time.
Hi Snowbear

How do you give bread? Just give them the slice to self feed or tear it into small managable chunky piece and give? My baby girl is 10 mths now.

annie

not snowbear here but then i tear for my girl. u better tear it to smaller pcs cos they might choke on it...

snowbear

Hi Snowbear

How do you give bread? Just give them the slice to self feed or tear it into small managable chunky piece and give? My baby girl is 10 mths now.
i tear into small pieces for her to self-feed. Start with like 1cm by 1cm size then increase if it's too small for her.

shulyn

i tear into small pieces for her to self-feed. Start with like 1cm by 1cm size then increase if it's too small for her.
I tried the method, tear into small pieces last weekend but treston still cant self feed himself...Will try again so he will learn:)

Domique

i dare not let alaric self feed as he will stuff everything into his mouth before the swallow those in his mouth then choke...

impatient guy!

I tried the method, tear into small pieces last weekend but treston still cant self feed himself...Will try again so he will learn:)

shulyn

i dare not let alaric self feed as he will stuff everything into his mouth before the swallow those in his mouth then choke...

impatient guy!
I remember you telling me alaric got small throat pipe right? I got watch treston while he is eating the bread, follow snowbear, tear 1cm by 1cm and let him explore on his own...Its so small so i think should be safe:)

snowbear

impatient guy!
Give only 1 small piece at a time for him to try. Only when you see he's done with the pc then you put the next pc down for him to try to self-feed again. At least that's what i did for alicia last time when she was picking up the pincer grasp. But I used Gerber's stars for that and not bread though. :)

snowbear

When you say self-feed, you mean with his fingers (pincer grasp) rite? Hmm, let him learn slowly... maybe you can try with other finger foods like snacks too. Last time i started alicia on self-feeding with her hand when she was coming 9mths. Then within 1 wk or so she can self-feed by 9mths.

annie

i started to let my girl self feed with finger around 8mths i think..i started with some home baked biskiuts.. i have never bother to cut into tiny pcs for her.. always give her rather big pcs(2-3cm) n monitor. she can self feed immediately when i pass the first finger food to her. she will bite small pcs off. sometimes will stuff the whole thing into her mouth n gag a bit but so far ok..