Breast Pumps

EYA

Dear mommies

I am a first time mom and am very curious about breastfeeding.

Any recommendations which brand and type is good? Ive heard good reviews abt Medela Freestyle Pump. Any reviews?

Thanks in advance.:wong19:

magdalenechoo

B zhai

I bought medela freestyle also. Heard my Sis and colleague using and is not bad. Freestyle u can pump and do other things lo. So better ESP for working mums, get dual pump is better as you can save time. You use only 15-20
Min to pump both sides. Pump in style has a bulky bag which I was advised not to get cos it's too cumbersome. I'm also first time mom so hvn tried it myself. :)

wenqiu

freestyle is good if u need to bring out, compact and not heavy. if you have no budget get freestyle, if get export set even much cheaper than SG

wenqiu

there used to be a few sellers in singaporemotherhood forum. check that site. i got mine from one of the seller at $450+ before price increased, i got mine in early this year.

message me if u need the contact.

there is website like www.agapebabies.com etc , they are selling a few medela pumps ;-)

wenqiu

by the way, i used to work out the price plus shipping to SG on amazon.com, happen to be more expensive or some slightly cheaper only. might as well get from local seller. but please note, export set need plug convertor. but almost half the price of Sg set, i think it is worth:)

Starla

I bought Pisa us set and ameda. Both served me well for the past 1 and a half yrs of breastfeeding.. For pisa need another voltage convertor costing around $18. The bag i would put in my additional bf barangs like nipple cream, nursing cover or breastpads.. Freestyle I would think its more expensive and the suction I heard is not as strong as Pisa.

EYA

by the way, i used to work out the price plus shipping to SG on amazon.com, happen to be more expensive or some slightly cheaper only. might as well get from local seller. but please note, export set need plug convertor. but almost half the price of Sg set, i think it is worth:)
oh dear! then i must try to see the shipping first! thanks.
btw Kiddy Palace is having disc for breast pumps. $275 for Medela Swing.. usual price is $336.20.
Good deal!

MamaDT

I bought Pisa us set and ameda. Both served me well for the past 1 and a half yrs of breastfeeding.. For pisa need another voltage convertor costing around $18. The bag i would put in my additional bf barangs like nipple cream, nursing cover or breastpads.. Freestyle I would think its more expensive and the suction I heard is not as strong as Pisa.

Hi Starla,

Would like to ask for your review Ameda Purely Yours. Heard it comes with different flange fit for the nipple sizes. Is it good? As it is cheaper, I am considering to purchase Ameda Purely Yours as it comes with more milk storage too. But just wondering if it helpes in simulating milk... and whether the suction is as good as medela's... Thanks! =)

Starla

Results are relatively good.. I find the suction more gentle than medela.. At first when i started pumping, medela sometimes would give me blusters.. Perhaps due to suction too strong.. Ameda seldom gives me this problem.. Purely yours is us set.. In Singapore I think is lactaline.. Becoz mine is purely yours (us set), it requires a voltage converter too.. As for the flange, It comes with standard size flange.. If ur nipples are bigger might require bigger flange.. Medela also has bigger breast flanges (forgotten the term for it) for bigger nipples.. I did purchase the bigger flange.. But realized the standard ones were most comfy for me..

Starla

To add on, my colleague also highly recommended ameda.. She's been using for her two kids.. It's becoz of her influence that I also bought ameda despite having purchased Medela.. I bought my ameda purely yours was 2nd hand from ebay at around $100.. Which i think is quite cheap for a try.. Thumbs up for ameda pump!!

arielle

Highly recommend Medela dual electronic pump. It comes in a set, with cooler, cooler bag, 4 bottles, pump bag etc. If you are on budget, Ameda Lactaline. It's about half the price but just pump and 2 bottles.
The main difference between Medela and Ameda is the latter is a closed system, meaning that there is a film between the suction and milk collection, so backflow is not possible. The pumpmotor is hence protected from milk. Only Ameda pumps are American FDA approved for this reason.
Both brands are good for suction ability and function, but Medela is more popular.
Try to get local set for warranty. Get during promotion or sale.