Breastfeeding help.

elaine01

I cant find any breastfeeding threads here. So I thought I start one in here. Anyway, breastfeeding goes way beyond the 1st year.:Dancing_wub:

elaine01

World Breastfeeding Week '07.

WHEN: August 8, 2007 at 10 a.m. around the world

The date above was decided by the above event organisers to coincide with the end of the World Breastfeeding Week. Many of us in Singapore personally don't like this date…. We have to take leave or choose to miss our children's national day celebrations in school. We hope those who can make it , please try.

WHERE: MacPherson CC, 400 Paya Lebar Way Singapore 379131

BMSG is the main organizer for the event in Singapore and have designated MacPherson CC the main venue in Singapore when we made the application with Children for Bfg, Philippines and WABA.

Why MacPherson CC? It's because they have been supporting many BMSG Meetings for the past year and we hope we can increase the awareness of the monthly meetings we hold there.

We are glad that more hospitals and organisations have decided to join us to make the numbers, Like Mt A, KKH, Nanyang CC and NUH! But we need to make the emphasis that MCC needs to have a minimum of 25 mums nursing between 10.00am – 10.01am for Singapore to be in the records. Which means even if you have 100 mothers nursing in Mt A, 200 in NUH, 50 in Nanyang CC, 1000 in KKH and only 24 in MCC…….. Singapore will not be included in the records. We hope you will understand.

FEE : $2 for mums and $5 for families .

It's more to guarantee your attendance. MacPherson CC will be catering lunch, giving out small tokens and inviting a magician and balloonist for the event.
Though MCC is not the most accessible place, we hope mums in the East Coast, Northeast would come by to make the magic numbers at MCC.
J But if you really think it's too far, we'll understand but we still hope you could try.
WHY DO THIS? :
1. To gather the most number of mothers in Synchronized Breastfeeding Worldwide, that is, participants will breastfeed at exactly the same LOCAL TIME in their Time Zone. Like the celebration of New Year, with every hour in succession for a 24-hour period, countries in one time zone will be breastfeeding simultaneously. See enclosed list of countries in each Time Zone.
2. To make a permanent and on-going roster of the national records of each nation on simultaneous breastfeeding in a single site and in multiple sites, urging each nation to surpass its own record every succeeding year.
3. To establish cooperation between nations, each nation competing with its own record. The Organizers will keep a roster of achievements of every nation, (a) its record for single site. (b) its record for multiple sites, (c) the national record for breastfeeding mothers per million population as the true measure of their effort and achievement, (d) the overall record for each Time Zone, and (e) above all, overall worldwide record for each year. Each nation will follow a standard set of Event Guidelines.
4. To nurture a fellowship among breastfeeding mothers in their locality and country that may facilitate the formation of mother support groups.
5. To establish simultaneous breastfeeding as a form of universal prayer for peace and thanksgiving for the gift of motherhood and breastfeeding.
HOW TO REGISTER ?
Pre-register by calling the BMSG office at 6337 0508 or email office@breastfeeding.org.sg
Registrations Forms can be downloaded from http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/files/WBW2007_Reg_form.pdf
Read more on the event
http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/bmsg-world-breastfeeding-week-2007.html
DEALS AT THE EVENT
MIM Slings at $30.00 (40% of the proceeds will be donated to BMSG)

stonston

I realli wanna go!! but i gotta work lei...impt day at work, cant afford to take leave!! if onli it was in e afternoon!!!

mommy dearest

I'm all for breastfeeding as well.
Unfortunately, my 20 weeks princess had a nursing strike which developed into nipple confusion now.
so she's fed through bottle during the days, and latch on at night (in the state of blurness). so far so good.
Noticed my milk supply has gone down from those days when i latch on whenever i'm around her *sigh*
still aiming for 1 year.
Do you think it's possible?
:err:

BbYew

hihi,

Can anyone tell me shld I feed bb wif water and how much to give since bb is on total BM?

Thks.

Mum2Matty

hihi,

Can anyone tell me shld I feed bb wif water and how much to give since bb is on total BM?

Thks.
Hi, you didn't mention how old is your bb. Most lactation consultants will tell you it's not necessary to feed water. But in my opinon, a little bit of water does no harm as Singapore is rather hot & humid country.

If you are afraid of nipple confusion, I'm guessing that you are latching on direct, you can spoon feed one or two teaspoon of water after breast feeding a few times a day.

There are different school of thoughts on feeding water. You dun hv to stress yourself out whether CAN or CANNOT feed. Each baby is unique. Some are afraid that baby may reject water later, so they start to feed water.

Hope this helps you.

chaerani

hihi! i'm new here, so please treat me kindly. I'm a pregnant mommy of a toddler boy and still breastfeeding. hi to elaine, rebecca, and vanessa who are also here!

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
Hi there! yell if you have any issues with bfg while preggy... ain't an easy road but definitely worthwhile! looking forward to welcoming you to the tandem nursing club :D

elaine01

hi jopeck & bluechin(who have breastfed for years),

DS is passing the 24 mths mark soon. few months back, i could get 100ml a day from both breasts(not enough cos DS needs 120ml a day).

recently, my supply dipped real bad! it's dipped to 1oz a day from both breast!?:thissyfit:

really confused now. dunno what going wrong for my supply to dip so badly. DS is still constantly asking for nen-nen. i need EBM for nanny to give him but at the rate i'm doing, i need to express 5 days to have enough for 1 feed..................:eek:10:

elaine01

2 mths back, b4 i started to be very diligent in doing housework after work daily, i could get 50~100ml daily from both breasts.

but now, i could only get 1oz daily from both breasts.:embarrassed:

plus i can only sleep when DS falls asleep. as long as he is awake, DH can still sleep but i have to stay awake..........sigh........:shyxxx:

i suspect that having insufficient sleep & the diligence in housework could be the culprts for the dip in my supply?

Comments/advise?

TIA.:001_302:

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
sorry just saw this qn...

off hand, I'd ask... are you sleeping enough, getting enough rest? has your period come back yet? are you drinking to thirst (ie drinking whenever you're thirsty... and not overdrinking)?

it does sound like the combination of housework and sleep could be affecting your supply but there could also be other reasons... I'd suggest pumping while he's nursing to try and help increase your supply.

hths

elaine01

sorry just saw this qn...

off hand, I'd ask... are you sleeping enough, getting enough rest? has your period come back yet? are you drinking to thirst (ie drinking whenever you're thirsty... and not overdrinking)?

it does sound like the combination of housework and sleep could be affecting your supply but there could also be other reasons... I'd suggest pumping while he's nursing to try and help increase your supply.

hths
have not been sleeping thru tho co-sleeping. he's very active, rather difficult to put him to sleep. am trying to nap while he sleeps. sometimes when extremely bz with work or houseowkr, do forget to drink water.

tried to nurse & pump b4 6 mths but not his more curious, worry will injure his fingers when he tries to interfere.....