Breastfeeding Helpline

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
BREASTFEEDING PROBLEMS?
NEED SOMEBODY TO TALK TO?

CALL OUR HELPLINE: 63393558

We operate a Counselling helpline which is opened to the public. We have a team of trained and experienced counsellors to respond to your enquiries over the telephone.

Helpline operating hours:

Mon-Fri 9am-8pm:

A counsellor will be on duty during these time slots. The counsellor on duty may not be able to take your call immediately as she maybe talking to another mother, so please leave a message if you are prompted and your call will be returned.

Any other time:
Your call will be taken by an answering service and a counsellor will return your call.

leey

BREASTFEEDING PROBLEMS?

NEED SOMEBODY TO TALK TO?

CALL OUR HELPLINE: 63393558

We operate a Counselling helpline which is opened to the public. We have a team of trained and experienced counsellors to respond to your enquiries over the telephone.

Helpline operating hours:

Mon-Fri 9am-8pm:

A counsellor will be on duty during these time slots. The counsellor on duty may not be able to take your call immediately as she maybe talking to another mother, so please leave a message if you are prompted and your call will be returned.

Any other time:
Your call will be taken by an answering service and a counsellor will return your call.
Our local mummies will learn more on the tips,

thanks you very much.

mosupdate!

I must admit that the Singapore Breastfeeding support group is a wonderful community of caring counsellors. I was an anxious mother trying to breastfeed my baby 7 years ago and I would always call them for help and advice.

They were always very willing to listen to me and offer an advice or at times, even just a listening hear. Different ple would counsel me at different times and most of them work from home - on volunteer basis. But they were great, really.

In case, I did not thank you enough, thanks again you all for helping me pull through the beautiful 2.5 years of breastfeeding my boy. :)

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
It's really sweet for you mummies to encourage us this way!

This is how you keep us motivated.... :)

Thanks

randaclaude

I have Mini Electric Medela pump and its quite good. I borrowed a Avent manual pump and found it useless and too much hard work having to manually pump. It might be alright depending on how often you are going to use it. I rarely use mine. I bought it when I had mastitis and needed to keep expressing all the time. If I had my time again I would hire one of the heavy duty ones from the ABA.

aishaht

hi, is there anyone who could hlp me out and teach me the proper steps to breastfeed after the delivery during my hospital stay?

lyra

Thank u, BMSG counsellor for the friendly advice and kind words. I was at the verge of tears when baby refuse to feed well due to jaundice. The sharing of personal experience is very helpful and better than giving std advice that stressed me out more. Thank u!

didy

i am never able to speak to the counsellor. i am always directed to the machine.. even after leaving my name and number, no one returns my call even after 4 days:(

panpan

i am never able to speak to the counsellor. i am always directed to the machine.. even after leaving my name and number, no one returns my call even after 4 days:(
I've experienced the same situation as you. Wasnt able to get any1 on the phone too.

alleria06

I wish I had known about this line earlier. I almost gave up breastfeeding and gone through hard period after delivery of my first born.

babyariel

Dearest mummies,

I'm doing my masters dissertation, a health promotion topic on infant nutrition, in particular, understanding mothers' decisions to breastfeed.

I'll be grateful if you could spare a few moments to answer my survey questionnaire at this link,
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rOh...MaugI/viewform

Every response counts and will aid me greatly in writing my project.

Thanking you in advance!

Love,
Heather

Atantsh

Breast feeding

Hi, experienced mummy pls help. Thxs in advanced.

1. What to do if no milk but bb is hungry since cannot introduce formula n bottle feed?

2. If use pump for every 3 hrs, hv to feed by bottle? Or just discard it n lacth on?

3. Must emty the milk after each feed using e pump. Hv to storage it or discard?

4. Can mix the milk tht express on the same day into 1 bottle or 1 breastmilk storage bag?

Thank you,
Agnes