Breastfeeding Helpline

tyla

My EDD is in August but I cannot breastfeed due to the fact that I'm on epileptic medication. So, I just want to ask if I should ask the doctor for medicine to stop the production of breast milk or should I buy a pump and pump out the breast milk? I know breastfeeding helps in slimming down so I need the advice of other experienced mummies. Thank you so much.

Mummy Xenia

hi all mummies, any advice to avoid milk leakage ?

1st time mummy, my baby girl now 6 months +++. Sometime after I BF my baby, later a while, some milk will leak out again.

Also avoiding him to touch or press my breast, my breast milk will squeeze out later. Sometimes once a while cant avoid it during certain timing, let him also. BTW, I experience slight painful when ML with him, even going "slow".

Last time before my confinement lady massage me, I have to pump out my breast milk in advance, if not squeeze out later, sometimes still squeze out later as I facing down, my breast is firmly pressing on the mattress or when she is massaging me that time.

Average I need to change my bra 3 ~ 4 times a day. Need to change my bra every morning as is always leak everynight when sleeping. I always bring extra bra together with my baby stuffs when going out too. I will back to work soon. I cant be bringing those extra bra to my office, what will my colleagues think then.

any advice or suggestion for me ?

Marie Tan

I salute all mums who exert all effort to breastfeed their kids for as long as they can. Having a support group like this can create awareness as to the positive effects of breastfeeding. For some reason, many believe it's been 'ignored' by some...which is something that should be changed soon. Just my take...

adoptivemom

I salute all mums who exert all effort to breastfeed their kids for as long as they can. Having a support group like this can create awareness as to the positive effects of breastfeeding. For some reason, many believe it's been 'ignored' by some...which is something that should be changed soon. Just my take...
You hit it on the dot! I believe these support groups can also help women who suffer from post-partum depression. Just the fact that knowing they're not the only one suffering from it makes it all better.