Breastfeeding

i had read on some articles it mentioned that if bb had already started solids, slowly cut dw 1 bf at a time in replacement of the solid intake. And also, no need to express milk after each feed or missed feeding.

sherz4628

I think there's a medicine that you can take to stop breastmilk production.

I'm thinking of stopping bf as well...have asked GP if he has such meds but he say can only get from gynae..is this true?

I'm thinking of stopping bf as well...have asked GP if he has such meds but he say can only get from gynae..is this true?
My aunt advised not to take the med as it will caused the breasts to sag. It is better to let the supply deplete naturally. Btw, my aunt at 60yrs old, her boobs stil firm and perky.

i took it 2years ago when i wanted to stop bf my girl. i went to a GP and he gave me a prescription to purchase it at the pharmacy. I bought the medicine at Nature Pharmacy (i tink dat's the name). I cannot recall the exact name of the medicine tho.

My aunt advised not to take the med as it will caused the breasts to sag. It is better to let the supply deplete naturally. Btw, my aunt at 60yrs old, her boobs stil firm and perky.
really?? i tot pregnancy and bf will coz the breasts to change shape.
Darn it! i'm gonna have to live with saggy boobs. LOL :p

paperger85

My mother told me that we can get chinese herbs from the medical halls to stop milk production. She says that its a more natural way to stop the milk production and our boobs will not sag or shrink after taking the herbs and she says that she regrets taking medication to stop her milk production as it caused her boobs to sag and shrink...

stonston

The reason why the medication causes boobs to sag is due to sudden stoppage of the production of milk. Imagine the skin is stretched out when filled with milk, it needs some time to shrink back.

If the milk supply is slowly cut, the breasts has time to slowly shrink back so it will not be saggy.

I stopped breastfeeding by stretching the pump time (my boy was already weaned off the breasts). Then when pump, don't empty the breasts, just pump enough not to feel engorged. Took around 1 month for milk to stop.

There are herbs to stop breastmilk. I think it's called SAGE. I know it's available in pill form from most pharmacies.

meiteoh

I know it's a few different herbs - sage and spearmint are some of the herbs used to help descrease breastmilk.

Many of the mummies who are weaning off will stretch the time in between pumps/latch on. This way, the body is told that there is a drop in demand so no need to supply so much. One mummy friend I know did it in two weeks.

sherz4628

My mother told me that we can get chinese herbs from the medical halls to stop milk production. She says that its a more natural way to stop the milk production and our boobs will not sag or shrink after taking the herbs and she says that she regrets taking medication to stop her milk production as it caused her boobs to sag and shrink...
Can share what is the name of the chinese herbs? While taking the herbs still need to pump? Coz my milk comes in v fast and will often be engorged if never pumped for more than 3 hrs...

xue

The reason why the medication causes boobs to sag is due to sudden stoppage of the production of milk. Imagine the skin is stretched out when filled with milk, it needs some time to shrink back.

If the milk supply is slowly cut, the breasts has time to slowly shrink back so it will not be saggy.

I stopped breastfeeding by stretching the pump time (my boy was already weaned off the breasts). Then when pump, dont't empty the breasts, just pump enough not to feel engorged. Took around 1 month for milk to stop.

There are herbs to stop breastmilk. I think it's called SAGE. I know it's available in pill form from most pharmacies.
I think my breast become saggy when i stop bfing for my first kid. If my second child, i slowly cut down, will my breast be back to normal?? Or will it be saggy forever? :embarrassed:

stonston

I think my breast become saggy when i stop bfing for my first kid. If my second child, i slowly cut down, will my breast be back to normal?? Or will it be saggy forever? :embarrassed:
Slowly reduce is one. You need to do massage also.
Self-massage in upwards motion. That time I bought those bust lifting/firming ampoules to use when massage once I stop bf. :)

xue

Slowly reduce is one. You need to do massage also.
Self-massage in upwards motion. That time I bought those bust lifting/firming ampoules to use when massage once I stop bf. :)
So if i stop bfing my 2nd child and do those massage still got hope?! Lol..
The ones you buy does it help alot? What brand did you buy??