Breastmilk feed amount for bb

iwan2noe

Hi,

my bb gal is 5 mths old n weighing around 7 kg at around 70 cm. She is on full Bm now without supplementing with fm. Is there a guide or maximum volume of milk she should drink ?

She always seems not drinking enuff when she is drinking 120ml for each feed at every
2-2.5 hrs..

Pls advise me... :)

Thanks so much:)

Last edited:

allycat

Quan is going 5 mth old end of e mth n he is taking abt 150ml ebm now. But sometimes he is happy with just 120ml

cmeilim

recall my boy at that age taking 120-150ml of EBM every 2hrs during daytime when my mum took care of him. but babies are also human beings. so if adults sometimes eat more at a meal and eat less at the next meal, it is only to be expected that babies will also vary their milk intake sometimes. =)

henny

my 4.5 mth gal usually drinks 150ml but sometimes, she can finish 180ml. She weighs 6.9kg @ 4 mths.

icy_haze

my 4 month old boy is taking 180ml at each feed. I did ask my ped before what is the right amount of feed a baby should be getting each month. She told me there is no "right amount" it all depends on the baby itself. She told me if i wanna see how much my bb is drinking, just pump it out n see.