Breech BB to hv ultra sound scan 6 mths after birth

weishy

Dear all,a friend of mine just gave birth in kk this week and hers is a breeched bb like mine.She called me saying that her doc told her to go back in may to hv the ultra sound scan for her DD in may(to scan her hips).ANybody did or hv this experience b4??????why does her DD hv to scan her hips?????

Pwiincess

Dear all,a friend of mine just gave birth in kk this week and hers is a breeched bb like mine.She called me saying that her doc told her to go back in may to hv the ultra sound scan for her DD in may(to scan her hips).ANybody did or hv this experience b4??????why does her DD hv to scan her hips?????
Issit Xray?
Did the doctor hurt the baby or what?

stonston

did they deliver e breeched baby naturalli? if yes, usualli they wanna check on both mummy n baby to make sure no damage done....no worries, jus go to e ultrasound to make sure :)

weishy

oic......but i delivered in mt E but my gynea didnt ask me to chk le....thats why i tot its funny mah tks guys :wong19:

stonston

weishy, is case by case basis de....example gynae finds tt mummy's hip is small compared to e size of baby delivered, they usualli will check both baby n mummy some time after delivery to check tt the bones r ok n not affected :)

DodoTan

wat is breeched baby? is it serious? y need 2 scan?
Normally, a baby is born head first. A breeched baby is born feet or backside first. Not that uncommon. Just that bb forgot to turn before being born that's all. But delivery of a breeched baby a bit tricky, cos if take too long and bb starts to breathe before the head comes out, can choke or something like that.