bringing baby overseas?

apollo

hi mummies,

we intend to bring ds overseas few mth later, by then he will be ard 11mths old.. we have some doubts to clear..

1. we might be taking jetstar or tiger airline, will the airline provide a 'secure' seat for ds, lik a carseat type?

2. can i bring up our own water to make ds's milk?

3. if we bring along the stroller, will they deduct the stroller weight in our luggage weight?

4. and will they 'throw' our stroller roughly and spoil it??

5, when overseas, how u feed ur baby solid food? can i feed him 1 meal cereal in e morning and give him milk the rest of the day? is it advisable?

6. if we r going to bkk, which airline do u suggest? jetstar or tiger?

7. my hubby suggest NOT to bring along stroller, but is it okay to carry baby in baby carrier for WHOLE day?? if bring along stroller, will be diffi to shop at bkk?

mummies, pls help me if u hav bring a 10-12mths baby overseas b4, esp to bkk! THANKS!!! =)

jasobias

hi mummies,

we intend to bring dear son overseas few month later, by then he will be around 11mths old.. we have some doubts to clear..

1. we might be taking jetstar or tiger airline, will the airline provide a 'secure' seat for dear son, lik a carseat type?
nope..no seat unless u bot a seat for baby n u will have to provide ur own car seat in plane

2. can i bring up our own water to make dear son's milk?
i just came back fr usa..they allowed me to bring 2 big flasks of water on board.But they did test the water.

3. if we bring along the stroller, will they deduct the stroller weight in our luggage weight?

They wont spoil it if they take the stroller in at the gate itself.But if u check it in then there is always some chance tht they might throw it onto belt.

5, when overseas, how you feed your baby solid food? can i feed him 1 meal cereal in e morning and give him milk the rest of the day? is it advisable?
I fed baBY Cereal n bottled food.Bottled food damn cheap there.She doesnt require me top heat up the food one so can just feed like tht ..a life saver!!
Also buy disposable bibs if u can.

6. if we are going to bkk, which airline do you suggest? jetstar or tiger?
I m not sure which one but one of them has very bad reviews leh.

7. my hubby suggest NOT to bring along stroller, but is it okay to carry baby in baby carrier for WHOLE day?? if bring along stroller, will be diffi to shop at bkk?
Must bring stroller lah..carry ard baby whole day can die ok.I always bring stroller for trips..its a must!!

mummies, pls help me if you hav bring a 10-12mths baby overseas before, esp to bkk! THANKS!!! =)
idid bring my boys to phuket when they were young.Also took stroller along.hope tht helps.

meiteoh

Strollers and car seats do not count towards check-in luggage so don't worry, ya? I'd seriously suggest that you take both a stroller and a carrier coz if you're tired or baby wants to nap more comfortably, you can use the stroller. I went to Bali with both my carrier and a stroller... :)

apollo

Strollers and car seats do not count towards check-in luggage so dont't worry, ya? I'd seriously suggest that you take both a stroller and a carrier coz if you're tired or baby wants to nap more comfortably, you can use the stroller. I went to Bali with both my carrier and a stroller... :)
when u bring Eva to bali, how was the plane seating arrangement for her?? she sat on ur lap?

meiteoh

Yeah, she sat on my lap but we were lucky that the flight was not full on the way there and back so we had an empty seat next to us (Air Asia seats are rows of three per aisle). So when it was time for her to sleep, we just put her on the empty seat to nap and I put up my legs as a barrier. Am thinking of getting a seat for her next time if it's zero fare coz infants pay $50 no matter the cost of the adult seat. =.=

apollo

Yeah, she sat on my lap but we were lucky that the flight was not full on the way there and back so we had an empty seat next to us (Air Asia seats are rows of three per aisle). So when it was time for her to sleep, we just put her on the empty seat to nap and I put up my legs as a barrier. Am thinking of getting a seat for her next time if it's zero fare coz infants pay $50 no matter the cost of the adult seat. =.=
so u mean if we didnt pay the 50bucks, baby will be sitting on our lap? hw abt paying the 50bucks? no 'special' seat for them?

btw, can bring milk, plain water up the plane to make thier milk right?

meiteoh

No leh. Paying 50 bucks is just that - sitting on the lap. No special seat for them. That's the price you'll get charged if you picked one adult and one infant. Don't know what their policy if you pick two adults but the seat is for an infant. :p

Yes, you should be able to bring in milk powder and water to make formula. I think the air hostess can provide hot water as well. Am not too sure about the hot water bit though coz I'm BFing. :p

missblue18

hi mummies,

we intend to bring dear son overseas few month later, by then he will be around 11mths old.. we have some doubts to clear..

1. we might be taking jetstar or tiger airline, will the airline provide a 'secure' seat for dear son, lik a carseat type?
took both airline with my girl....no seat only infant seatbelt given which u attach to your own seatbelt

2. can i bring up our own water to make dear son's milk?
yes you can say its for baby think they allow 1-2 bottles

yes u have to check in the stroller

yes possibly make sure u have travel insurance so in case u need to claim damages

5, when overseas, how you feed your baby solid food? can i feed him 1 meal cereal in e morning and give him milk the rest of the day? is it advisable?
i gave baby cereal in morning or evening depending on our travelling schedule and the rest was breastmilk...my girl was 8mths when we went to taiwan on jetstar

6. if we are going to bkk, which airline do you suggest? jetstar or tiger?
both are the same to me so depends which is cheaper! but for tiger, infant fee is $80 for jetstar its $100 (round trip)

in taiwan we also didnt bring stroller my hubby carried her in carrier all the time....actually we're also gng bkk in may by then baby will be 14mths old and probably will not bring stroller...think of the streets in bkk very troublesome to push the pram and beat the crowd!

mummies, pls help me if you hav bring a 10-12mths baby overseas before, esp to bkk! THANKS!!! =)
have a great time there!

apollo

missblue mummy,

i wonder izzit possible for us to bring our own hot water in thermal flask up to the plane for making the milk??

anw, thks so much for ur reply. it helps me alot =)

apollo

meiteoh & jasobias, ur brought along stoller and check-ing the stroller right? which airline did ur took? did they 'throw' ur stroller, or rather, is ur stroller okay aft the trip??

jasobias

meiteoh & jasobias, your brought along stoller and check-ing the stroller right? which airline did your took? did they 'throw' your stroller, or rather, is your stroller okay after the trip??
Hey regina,
i usually take ANA or SQ .They treat stroller very well.Even wrap in plastic!!For budget airlines i took AirAsia once also no damage.If got older stroller u may bring tht instead so if lost or damaged heart not so pain.

MaMa_P

Hi!

I also going to BKK in April, by then my son would be 14 months.

For uus, we brought a air ticket for my son @$50. The flight is not fully booked when we book the seat. And we purposely chose the side seat leaving the middle seat to be empty. Then can let my boy to sleep or seat.

I have heard from my colleague who went to BKK countless times with her daughter when she was only 3 months old.
She told me, we are allowed to bring a flask of hot water on board the plane. However, for the tight security in airport nowadays, yo might have to inform them first.
And stroller have to check in and usually with kids, do have priority to board the plane first.
For us, i intend to feed him with those bb food buy from the supermarket as i not sure if his stomach can take in those food. So u might want to consider getting that.
nd yes, i will be bringing stroller. In case..
If ur son is not those heavy type. can carry him. But my son quite heavy if dun bring stroller will die har. LOL! So we will bring stroller. and rest will be carry by daddy.

apollo

Hey regina,
i usually take ANA or SQ .They treat stroller very well.Even wrap in plastic!!For budget airlines i took AirAsia once also no damage.If got older stroller you may bring tht instead so if lost or damaged heart not so pain.
too bad i will be taking budget airline. cos bkk is only 2hrs distance.. haha.. we discussed b4 alrdy, if touch wood really spoilt, den bobian haha..

Hi!

I also going to BKK in April, by then my son would be 14 months.

For uus, we brought a air ticket for my son @$50. The flight is not fully booked when we book the seat. And we purposely chose the side seat leaving the middle seat to be empty. Then can let my boy to sleep or seat.

I have heard from my colleague who went to BKK countless times with her daughter when she was only 3 months old.
She told me, we are allowed to bring a flask of hot water on board the plane. However, for the tight security in airport nowadays, yo might have to inform them first.
And stroller have to check in and usually with kids, do have priority to board the plane first.
For us, i intend to feed him with those baby food buy from the supermarket as i not sure if his stomach can take in those food. So you might want to consider getting that.
need yes, i will be bringing stroller. In case..
If your son is not those heavy type. can carry him. But my son quite heavy if dont bring stroller will die har. LOL! So we will bring stroller. and rest will be carry by daddy.
thks! ur reply helps alot too!!! =)

too bad ds is VERY heavy.. actu we dun mind to take turn baby carry him but afriad he will feel uncomfy, cos 4days...

am i know which airline ur fren took? they got spoil her stroller?? =)

missblue18

missblue mummy,

i wonder izzit possible for us to bring our own hot water in thermal flask up to the plane for making the milk??

anw, thks so much for your reply. it helps me alot =)
hi sorry for late reply...yes i believe you can bring the hot water flask...just tell them its for milk i also packed baby porridge and the air crew helped me warm it up for baby...

hi

do any mummies experience difficult babies eg. grumpy and crying baby during the flight? cos i intend to bring my 8 months boy back to indonesia. i'll be flying from sg-kl-makassar. Im so afraid that i cant handle my boy when we're on the plane. pls share any tips!!! my son is super grumpy boy....

apollo

hi

do any mummies experience difficult babies eg. grumpy and crying baby during the flight? cos i intend to bring my 8 months boy back to indonesia. i'll be flying from sg-kl-makassar. Im so afraid that i cant handle my boy when we're on the plane. pls share any tips!!! my son is super grumpy boy....
hw long will the flight be?? mayb bring along sufficient baby biscuits and toys?? i'm also quite afriad ds might be cranky on plane.. hehe

apollo

hmm.. sg-kl should b an hour plus.. then have to transit and next flight bout 3 hours. headache.. no direct flight
no worries. u must trust ur son! i used to wry on the coming may trip.. my hubby keep tell me tt we must trust our son.. =D