BTO - when will ready?

apollo

we have applied for a BTO flat at 2008 and it stated that it will be ready on 2013.

2 days ago, we passed by the area and saw out flat has all nearly finish building. total 16 storeys and all built alrdy, only left the interior, windows, doors, painting on the outside etc...

what i wanna ask is, when will my flat be ready for collection? cos we r still saving for the reno fee.. some tell me though govt say 5yrs but 2yrs+ will be ready for collection. is tt true??

TIA!

Queenbabe

we have applied for a BTO flat at 2008 and it stated that it will be ready on 2013.

2 days ago, we passed by the area and saw out flat has all nearly finish building. total 16 storeys and all built alrdy, only left the interior, windows, doors, painting on the outside etc...

what i wanna ask is, when will my flat be ready for collection? cos we are still saving for the reno fee.. some tell me though govt say 5yrs but 2yrs+ will be ready for collection. is that true??

TIA!
Hi regina, i also apply BTO at woodlands... which area u apply? i think within 3yrs can collect keys liao:001_302: now they r really building very fast....

apollo

Hi regina, i also apply BTO at woodlands... which area you apply? i think within 3yrs can collect keys :001_302: now they are really building very fast....
mine at sengkang.. huh within 3yrs?? lik tt how?? we still saving for the reno lehh.. =(

apollo

Wah you already saving up... i never save at all somemore my house will be faster than you:tlaugh:

Whats your Bto name?
every mth save abit lohh.. if not later the flat suddenly come den no money hw?? =(

mine is compassvale beacon.. aka BACON! LOL!!

Queenbabe

every month save abit lohh.. if not later the flat suddenly come then no money hw?? =(

mine is compassvale beacon.. aka BACON! LOL!!
Oic.... i every month must pay alot of things... haiz... not enough to save at all.. sob sob....

fioncess

y need to reno. y colleague jus got his flat he say dun really need to reno cos toilet n floor n some cabinet are done up nicely.. actually jus buy fixtures n can move in alr...

Queenbabe

why need to reno. why colleague just got his flat he say dont really need to reno cos toilet n floor n some cabinet are done up nicely.. actually just buy fixtures n can move in already...
Still need some reno coz hdb their taste so "good" u know... hahaha...

apollo

got cabinet mehh??

i noe the floor and doors will be done by HDB. Elaine, actu nowadays HDB's taste better liaoo cos my hubby's fren also choose HDB to do the floor and door for them and the floor looks very nice.. and his another fren bought resale, the flat was quite a few yrs ago and the floor not nice.. haha..

fioncess

ya i heard the floor is marble somemore.. so shld be quite nice de... jus save as much as u can... then when take key tt time then see lo... i think abt 20-25k shld be more then enough.

Queenbabe

got cabinet mehh??

i know the floor and doors will be done by HDB. Elaine, actually nowadays HDB's taste better liaoo cos my hubby's friend also choose HDB to do the floor and door for them and the floor looks very nice.. and his another friend bought resale, the flat was quite a few yrs ago and the floor not nice.. haha..
Nice but quality sucks... :001_302: i dont think hv cabinet... coz my inlaws house is new simliar to Bto...

ya i heard the floor is marble somemore.. so shld be quite nice ... just save as much as you can... then when take key that time then see ... i think about 20-25k shld be more then enough.
Ya lor but i no $ to save sob sob...

Casse

Dunno i also saving but like a lot within 5 years if everymonth save $400 5 years can only save 24000?

Queenbabe

dont know i also saving but like a lot within 5 years if everymonth save $400 5 years can only save 24000?
Wow r u working... i dont have that much of $ to save:001_302: not working... every month expenses seem to be more than what hubby give me :(

apollo

yup we also save ard 4-600 per mth but just started few mths ago.. tt's y we hope the flat will only be ready 2 yrs LATER so at least we will hav 20+k for simple reno.. hehe..

Queenbabe

yup we also save around 4-600 per month but just started few mths ago.. that's why we hope the flat will only be ready 2 yrs LATER so at least we will hav 20+k for simple reno.. hehe..
Nvm at least u save:001_302: by the way when did u sign the lease & i kpo abit whats your queue no. ?:tlaugh:

stonston

A few facts:
1. It typically takes 3-4 years for BTO project to collect keys if no hiccups. I collected mine in exactly 3 years after we paid deposit. I saw Beacon's progress some weeks back. Think around a year later can collect keys for first block. Last block probably 1.5 years later.

2. Flooring and finishing by HDB is NOT GOOD AT ALL. Alot of defects and problems AFTER YOU MOVE IN. Trust me, my new place is less than a year old and we are having alot of problems already. Check carefully before starting reno. IT IS DEFINITELY NOT MARBLE FLOOR. IT'S JUST CHEAPO CERAMIC TILES, they stopped using homo tiles after the 'pop up' incidents. The parquet used for bedrooms are cheap stuff, although they come from Aussie. Even the contractors tell us that the parquet is cheap stuff.

3. If you are doing simple reno, 15k is more than enough. I did my whole place for 17k & we have built in cabinets in all the rooms. Plus alot of others. My friends are going to start their reno soon, theirs is $23k. But they want it 'designer style', which is false ceiling and alot of special carpentry (major carpentry in their MBR). & both of us get Cancanmum to reno for us cos her charges is most reasonable compared to all the other quotes we've gotten. If get from others, my place was quoted at $23k. So you can expect the reno to be more if you are getting IDs.

4. You need around 10k for furnishings (curtains, lights, fans, sink, TVs, fridge, washing machine, sofa, bed, small electrical items, cooker hob/hood, dining table, etc etc). Total include reno I spent $23k cos we previously stayed in a rented house and we moved a few big items over (beds, washing machine, cooker hob/hood, etc). Plus me & hb are super bargain hunters, going to warehouse sales and bargaining all the way. My hb is very aggressive when it comes to bargaining. So we got quite a few branded/designer stuff but within our low budget :)

Me & hb saved $1k a month specially for new house from the time we paid our downpayment. This saving is on top of our regular savings. Had to cut expenses here & there. Though we saved alot, I was not willing to slurge all. Did simple reno that meets our needs. Saving up the rest for a minor touch up to my boy's room when he's older and going into P1 (build proper study area since there's just a small kids table now).

If you want a simple reno with proper furnishings in, you'll need at least $20k even if you only do bare minimum.

Example:
Kitchen carpentry - $4k (small kitchen)
Kitchen sink/tap - $350 (average)
Cooker hob/hood - $500 (cheapo brands)
Fridge - $800 (small)
Rice cooker, kettle, pots/pans, utensils, etc - $500 (cheapo stuff)
Washing machine - $300 (simple)

Dining table set - $1500 (basic, simple set)
Sofa - $1000 (basic, simple set)
Coffee table/TV console - $1000 if off-the-rack, $2000 if custom build
Shoe cabinet - $1000 (custom build a small one)

Wardrobe for all 3 rooms - $2000 per room for common rooms, $4000 for MBR (MBR usually bigger, plus maybe a wall feature or TV console)
Beds - $500 - $5000 (depends on brand and size, mattress only, not including frames)
Study tables - $100 if get cheap ones from Ikea, $500 onwards for custom made

Doors (if you did not get HDB's one) - $1500

Toilet shower screen - $1500 (both toilets)

Misc (cement base, relocation of light points, installation of lights, etc) - $500 - 1000

Aircon - $2000 onwards

Simply add up the above, around $25k already!!

apollo

stonston, ur reply really solve my doubts! thks!! cancanmum doing reno??

btw, aft we got the keys, must move in within how long? can me move in lik a year later??