bumbo seats etc?

jammowifey

hihi, just wanna find out how many ppl have used one for their babies?

and does it really work, is it very useful?

thanks

sugarcookie

Not really useful, IMO.

Babies look really cute in Bumbos, but once they are able to sit on their own (ard 6mths), they will start climbing out of it.

annie

useful for me. my girl at 2mths started to sit on bumbo sit.. she dosent like lying down n once i let her lie down she will start to cry. so i always prop her up on the edge of the sofa with cushions n she always eventually slide down after sometime n started crying. so when i bought the bumbo chair, she can play on it for long time. i bought the tray too. she started climbing out of it only around 10mths or 11mths iirc.. so i stop using that as her chair during feeding n bought a high chair but then until now at 20mths, she still love her bumbo n go there to sit down when she is watching tv. sometimes she sits on sofa though. so its like her private chair hhee.

littlehelper

i think if its possible its best to get a second hand one, cheaply or rent.
Cos it will only be useful for a few mths.
once they can walk and all they will just keep trying to climb out of it.Unless you make it a discipline that your child sits in it while eating then no need for u to chase her around.Then it will be quite useful as she will know when its time for her to eat she has to sit down in it.

diymummy

Yes it's useful. But there're cheaper versions. My son loves sitting in it since 6 mths. He's 18.5mths now and is still sitting in it to watch his DVDs.

meiteoh

It was useful for me and I got about four to five months worth of use in it. Before she started crawling, it was great for sit-up play plus I would feed her breakfast/snacks in it (mine came with a tray).

I sold mine recently because Eva prefer to sit down on her own and do her own thing or crawl rather than sit in the Bumbo for anything else other than food (we feed her in the high chair now except for snacks).

apollo

i think bumbo is a good investment for bb to 'learn' hw to sit upright. i had a pass down one but too bad, ds's thighs was big and his thighs often stuck on the bumbo and became red. so we let him sit on bumbo for ard 5min max only.

jammowifey

hmm, so its good for babies up to a few months only?

cos my dd is currently almost 6 mths, and imo she's got an almost over developed thigh/butt area! so like apollo's baby, i probably wont be able to let her sit in one for long?

so other than bumbo what other products are there to train them to sit upright?

apollo

hmm, so its good for babies up to a few months only?

cos my dear daughter is currently almost 6 mths, and imo she's got an almost over developed thigh/butt area! so like apollo's baby, i probably wont be able to let her sit in one for long?

so other than bumbo what other products are there to train them to sit upright?
tt time my nephew was ard 18mths and he sat on ds's bumbo for meals too. i think nw ds can fit into his bumbo alrdy cos as they grow up, their size will become 'smaller'..

actu if u wanna see if ur baby's thigh can fit into bumbo, u can go to places lik mothercare, they usaully will display bumbo for babies to try =)

newmum80

i dun think it useful at all. why it was so popular partly oso bcos of the good marketing gimmicks. It will be good for petite babies esp gals & if ur baby are on the big side esp chunky thigh, dun bother buying tis bumbo. it will be a waste of money. They wont feel comfortable sitting inside and u ended up chunkin at one side collecting dust.

meiteoh

My take on the matter is this - always try it out. I have friends who buy it because their friends say it's good only to discover that their babies absolutely HATE it!

It's your kiddo who will be sitting in it so buy something that he or she likes or at least prefers. There are other brands out there apart from Bumbo - Lionheart, and even booster feeding seats that double up as a seat (like Bumbo).

If you do buy it, remember that like with most kiddo gadgets and toys, it won't last long so be prepared to either store it for your next baby OR sell it.

snowbear

It was useful for awhile but like all other baby stuff, don't expect it to use it for a long time :) My dd used to climb out of the bumbo too when she was younger but when she grew older, she started to look for her bumbo to sit in sometimes so I guess it really boils down to how your kid reacts to it :)

jammowifey

thanks to all mummies for your helpful and insightful comments!

brought my dd to metro and baby kigdom to try out the essian and bumbo seats respectively.

bought one and currently she's absolutely loving her seat. used it so far to feed her cereal, but dare not leave her in it for too long at a time.

now that i've got one for her, just wanna ask how long can u let a 6mth old sit in the seat at one go? is 20mins too long?

Hi mommies,

anyone of you willing to sell the bumbo seat? if it is not used anymore? i'm looking with tray, pink or purple color preferable. budget around $30. thanks.