C-section or Natural Birth?

Pwiincess

How do you know whether you are going for C-section or natural birth?
Your gynae will tell you before hand?

On one of my appt slips, the gynae wrote BREECH. What does that means? I'm currently in my 25th week only, issit possible to know how I am going to give birth?

Hi,

I think most gynae will advice on natural birth, unless you want C-Section. If the baby is in breech position, the doc will try to move the baby till the head is facing down. If the baby still in breech position, some docs will opt for C-section and some will still encourage natural birth.

Good luck!

LoVeS

How do you know whether you are going for C-section or natural birth?
Your gynae will tell you before hand?

On one of my appt slips, the gynae wrote BREECH. What does that means? I'm currently in my 25th week only, issit possible to know how I am going to give birth?
25th weeks is still very early, still got time for ur bb to turn so even it is breech now aso it might turn one so dun need to worry abt it.

For mine i opt for c-section one ~

Pwiincess

Hi,

I think most gynae will advice on natural birth, unless you want C-Section. If the baby is in breech position, the doc will try to move the baby till the head is facing down. If the baby still in breech position, some docs will opt for C-section and some will still encourage natural birth.

Good luck!
What do you mean by breech position?
I hope to deliver by natural birth.

Pwiincess

25th weeks is still very early, still got time for ur bb to turn so even it is breech now aso it might turn one so dun need to worry abt it.

For mine i opt for c-section one ~
Any ways to help baby turn?
I wanna deliver naturally.

Hi,

From what i understand, breech position is the legs facing down rather than head facing down, i know there are some moves that the doc can do to coax the child to change position, but i am not too sure what it is, so you can check with your gynae. But 25 weeks, still early, so don't worry. They usually will turn on their own.

For my first i deliver naturally (without painkiller) so hopefully my second one i can also. Good luck!

Pwiincess

Hi,

From what i understand, breech position is the legs facing down rather than head facing down, i know there are some moves that the doc can do to coax the child to change position, but i am not too sure what it is, so you can check with your gynae. But 25 weeks, still early, so don't worry. They usually will turn on their own.

For my first i deliver naturally (without painkiller) so hopefully my second one i can also. Good luck!
Oh, thanks for enlightening me!
So baby still will turn and face downwards loh.
Phew~! I was worried last night!

Wow.. how did u do w/o Epi or painkillers? I would have fainted!

Agnes Josephine

Oh, thanks for enlightening me!
So baby still will turn and face downwards loh.
Phew~! I was worried last night!

Wow.. how did u do w/o Epi or painkillers? I would have fainted!

But sometimes baby will also be in horizontal position... Still early to tell though, only when you're into your 3rd trim & nearer to your EDD, then your gynae will advise you whether natural or c-sect..

Pwiincess

But sometimes baby will also be in horizontal position... Still early to tell though, only when you're into your 3rd trim & nearer to your EDD, then your gynae will advise you whether natural or c-sect..
Horizontal??

Then must C-section liao loh?
My mummy say gynae will try to turn baby's direction.
If really cannot help it, then will go for C-section.

Correct?

Oh anw, 3rd Trim starts from which week?

Hi Pwiincess,

I have no painkiller not by choice, cos pregnancy proceed too fast already, no time for anything. :)

I think 3rd tri start on the 28th week! Wow you are more than half way there already! So exciting!! good luck! Yep the doc will try to turn and if not possible then he will suggest other alternatives.

I am still 18 weeks preg, actually i really want to deliver asap! :p Guess i am just impatient! :p

Pwiincess

Hi Pwiincess,

I have no painkiller not by choice, cos pregnancy proceed too fast already, no time for anything. :)

I think 3rd tri start on the 28th week! Wow you are more than half way there already! So exciting!! good luck! Yep the doc will try to turn and if not possible then he will suggest other alternatives.

I am still 18 weeks preg, actually i really want to deliver asap! :p Guess i am just impatient! :p
18 weeks is almost halfway through, mama!
I'm also excited for my lil one to arrive!
Your 2nd baby? Girl or boy?

Agnes Josephine

Horizontal??

Then must C-section liao loh?
My mummy say gynae will try to turn baby's direction.
If really cannot help it, then will go for C-section.

Correct?

Oh anw, 3rd Trim starts from which week?

Ya, the gynae will help but I don't think it will help much though.. Then if still breech position, will have to go for C-sect liao... Just don't worry too much... Anyway, c-sect also not that scary la... Cuz I'm one of the c-sect mummy... :001_302:

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
I gave birth to my #1 and he was in breech position. If you are set on having a natural birth, you really need to find a doctor who is willing and has a track record of having done breech births. In my opinion, most are not! I switched gynae at 38 weeks just to have a better chance of getting the birth I wanted. I've no regrets!

Pwiincess

I gave birth to my #1 and he was in breech position. If you are set on having a natural birth, you really need to find a doctor who is willing and has a track record of having done breech births. In my opinion, most are not! I switched gynae at 38 weeks just to have a better chance of getting the birth I wanted. I've no regrets!
But I nv 'bao' gynae leh. How to find one who is willing to do natural birth for me?

Pwiincess

Ya, the gynae will help but I don't think it will help much though.. Then if still breech position, will have to go for C-sect liao... Just don't worry too much... Anyway, c-sect also not that scary la... Cuz I'm one of the c-sect mummy... :001_302:
My next scan is in about two weeks' time. I will be in around 29th weeks then. Will consult the gynae on the percentage on the method of delivery. Hopefully it will be natural-birth.

Hi Pwiincess,

yeah this is my second baby, my first is a gal and now i am preggie with a boy, actually wanted to have another daughter, but now as long as the baby healthy can already! :)

What about you? First child? Gal or boy?

If you really want to find a gynae who is willing to deliver even in breech position you can PM me. I know of a very good and experience gynae.

Pwiincess

Hi Pwiincess,

yeah this is my second baby, my first is a gal and now i am preggie with a boy, actually wanted to have another daughter, but now as long as the baby healthy can already! :)

What about you? First child? Gal or boy?

If you really want to find a gynae who is willing to deliver even in breech position you can PM me. I know of a very good and experience gynae.
But I feel that it's abit waste-of-money to 'bao' gynae leh. Cos I would like to save more for baby's future expenses. This is my first pregnancy. I'm expecting a baby girl. You have DD liao, why wanted another babygirl? =)

Hi Pwiincess,

Which hospital are you going to? For me i am going to KKH, so not that ex even to 'bao' a gynae..:)

No mah, have another daughter, then next time 2 sisters very close one...but ok lah, as long as my son healthy can already :)

Pwiincess

Hi Pwiincess,

Which hospital are you going to? For me i am going to KKH, so not that ex even to 'bao' a gynae..:)

No mah, have another daughter, then next time 2 sisters very close one...but ok lah, as long as my son healthy can already :)
I intend to walk in for delivery. Save money! =)