California Baby

catherlyn

I have been using this product since dd is horned. I like their smell n after feel. She is also using the calendular shampoo n bodywash. The cream she using aloe Vera, calendula

annie

Hi there thanks for the review. i wanted to buy moisturiser for my girl but not too sure which is good as they have so many! my fren was saying calendula is good but im not too sure if i should get the cream one or the lotion one.. the one u have is cream? is it too rich to use daily on their face? is it easy to spread and does it gets absorb into the skin fast? i worry about the stickiness after applying.. is there any?

is the smell strong? im also looking at the super sensitive series.. cos its said to have no smell.. im a bit worried if the smell is too strong hehe

catherlyn

For me I find it acceptable. Both I use the cream n I find it easily absorded by dd. After a while all I feel is satin like skin. Face that time I used aloe Vera cos she got some dry skin when her eye brow was growing after which I don use on her face Liao. I usually apply on her body after shower n during diaper changing

Mummy to Baby V

We bought the one supposedly good for eczema, but didn't work for my boy.
It is very easily absorbed, which I like.
But it does not moisturise enough to prevent his eczema from returning.
Also, the ingredients list is quite long, which my boy's dermatologist said a shorter listing is better, in case child is allergic to any one of them.

annie

For me I find it acceptable. Both I use the cream n I find it easily absorded by dear daughter. After a while all I feel is satin like skin. Face that time I used aloe Vera cos she got some dry skin when her eye brow was growing after which I dont use on her face . I usually apply on her body after shower n during diaper changing
so u apply nothing on your girl's face?

have u tried their sunscreen as well? not sure if i should try too hehe. so far i have never apply anything onto my girl's skin.. hehe.

catherlyn

That time when dd got milk rash I used sebamed facial cream but now totally apply nothing on her face. Inv purchase the sun screen wo mayb next purchase I will try get one but cos dd was borned with tanned skin yeap she is not fair n white haha sad... So i nv think cos getting one since she is not fair haha

annie

lol applying sunscreen is not mainly to keep their skin fair la. uv rays is very harmful to skin eg skin cancer, aging, pigments, freckles etc etc.. i wanted to try getting a sunscreen for her but then most of the sunscreen are thick and oily thus uncomfy on the skin.. im still looking out for a good sunscreen for myself as well! hee

candy_ian

I'm a huge fan f theirs. Using lotion, cream, shampoo, bug repellent, sun screen, diaper cream n bubble bath frm them. Love the fragrance frm their products mild n not artificial. I use the lotion on normal days n calendula cream on hot hot days for my son to prevent any rashes.

Mummy to Baby V

lol applying sunscreen is not mainly to keep their skin fair . uv rays is very harmful to skin eg skin cancer, aging, pigments, freckles etc etc.. i wanted to try getting a sunscreen for her but then most of the sunscreen are thick and oily thus uncomfy on the skin.. im still looking out for a good sunscreen for myself as well! hee
Yes, sunscreen is very important, especially for children outdoors. In Australia, it is common to wear caps and UV-protective clothes.

I like Fancl sunscreen lotion, leaves a satin feel and not oily. Am looking for an organic alternative though.

annie

I'm a huge fan f theirs. Using lotion, cream, shampoo, bug repellent, sun screen, diaper cream n bubble bath frm them. Love the fragrance frm their products mild n not artificial. I use the lotion on normal days n calendula cream on hot hot days for my son to prevent any rashes.
hihi which is your fav among them all? which sunscreen are u using and do u use any special method to remove or simply wash them off with their normal body soap? do u apply onto your son's face as well for sunscreen n cream/lotion?

annie

Yes, sunscreen is very important, especially for children outdoors. In Australia, it is common to wear caps and UV-protective clothes.

I like Fancl sunscreen lotion, leaves a satin feel and not oily. Am looking for an organic alternative though.
u using fancl on yourself or your kids? i dunno how many sunscreen fancl have but that time i tried their sunscreen on my face for 2 days n it dries me out.. very drying dunno y. i just got flakes here n there on my face n skin feels so rough..

candy_ian

hihi which is your fav among them all? which sunscreen are you using and do you use any special method to remove or simply wash them off with their normal body soap? do you apply onto your son's face as well for sunscreen n cream/lotion?
I love their calendula cream.. Works well for my son with the occasionally rashes due to heat or anything unknown. I'm using spf30+ citronella sunscreen. I apply on his face too. California bb products can b applied on their face n been doing that too

annie

i heard lots of raves on their calendula cream and was thinking to try their calendula lotion instead since its lighter. a bit worried that its too rich for her face.. but sounds like its not tat rich since u can even use it in sg.. im living in japan n its much drier.. so perhaps i can just buy the cream instead of the lotion.. n im a bit worried bout the smell.. not sure if i'll like it.. thinking of trying the super sensitive lotion too since it has totally no smell hehe. maybe i'll buy both.. but dunno which sunscreen to buy...

Mummy to Baby V

you using fancl on yourself or your kids? i dont know how many sunscreen fancl have but that time i tried their sunscreen on my face for 2 days n it dries me out.. very drying dont know y. i just got flakes here n there on my face n skin feels so rough..
I used Fancl on myself. Anyway, there is no Fancl in KL, so I hardly use the brand anymore (except for the eye gel). I apply the sunscreen after moisturizing the skin, so no drying out occurred. I have dry skin too. Everyone's different, so just got to find out what works. :)

annie

i apply after moisturising too n i have combi skin! lol. my skin just dosent like many pdts out there.. :nah:

annie

mummies may i know where u all buy california baby products in singapore and how is the price like? TIA

cmeilim

i have been buying CB cream for my boy since he was 1 month old. From karen of agape babies too. =) I apply the cream on myself when i get the occasional rash or skin irritation too and it works! we also use the CB suncreen.

annie

hmm i bought from drugstore.com n the price is not so different from sg's! but after adding the shipping, sg's cheaper~ i went to the CB homepage n they are selling it at a much higher price than drugstore.com. thought i got a good deal. who knows sg even cheaper! lol. wonder y these places can sell higher than the CB site.. hmm

Last edited: