Calling mummies with kid(s) who has Strawberry Birthmark

pixie

Is any of the mummies here has a child with this? Is the size of the mark big? Where is the location? And how old is your kid now?

My baby girl who is 7 weeks now has this mark on her left arm not long after birth. It is prominent and from the internet it said that it happen usually on premature babies. However, my girl is overdue so am quite puzzled why it happens to her.

Amulet

my baby doesn't have one, but i myself do on my right forearm..

i'm 24 now, the birthmark is still with me.. but it's not those bulging kind.. it's those flat kinds..

ping26

Is any of the mummies here has a child with this? Is the size of the mark big? Where is the location? And how old is your kid now?

My baby girl who is 7 weeks now has this mark on her left arm not long after birth. It is prominent and from the internet it said that it happen usually on premature babies. However, my girl is overdue so am quite puzzled why it happens to her.
My baby was also overdue by 1 wk. She has 3 spots on her face (eyelid, above lip), each abt 0.5- 1 cm. Most of the marks faded in a few mth. By the time, she hit one, the marks could not be seen. The biggest spot which has more veins & is slightly rough, turns redder when she cries. But it is barely noticeable.

My friend's kid's facial marks are still quite visible even though she is now 1 yr+.

It's a bit stressful, esp for firstborn or first-time mummy; a healthy and happy baby is most impt. Just enjoy your baby. Aesthetic medicine is pretty advanced these days.

pixie

My baby only has one on her left arm. She is now 2 months old and the size of the birthmark has grown. However, I intend to let it disappear by itself even if it were to take few years before it's totally gone. It's a blessing in disguise that it's not on her face.

fattymumu

dont worry it will go off by itself... I have a strawberry mark on my stomach. When I was young it was bulging but as I grow older it becomes smaller and becos it's on my tummy, when I got pregnant... the mark got"stretched" and it disappered. Mine was as big as 50cents coin

pixie

I am NOT worrying at all.
I am asking this question merely to find out how many newborn babies have this birthmark.
And I made it quite clear that I will leave it since the mark does not appear on her face.

sailormoon

my baby also has this strawberry thingy on her stomach. check with doc and was told that it will grow bigger and will disappear by age of two. now at 7 months, this thing is bulging. it is called strawberry naevus.

pixie

Hi sailormoon, yes, there are different terms for such birthmark but they meant the same (and strawberry birthmark is the layman term).

My sister-in-law has a gf whose daughter has this kind of birthmark on her shoulder and its colour gets lighter as her child is older and by age of 7, it disappears. I read somewhere that this birthmark can be diminished earliest when the baby is 6 months or latest by 9 year-old.

So far, the size has just grown slightly on my baby's arm but the colour is getting obvious - flamingo red.

my baby also has this strawberry thingy on her stomach. check with doc and was told that it will grow bigger and will disappear by age of two. now at 7 months, this thing is bulging. it is called strawberry naevus.

Asphere

my boy is going to be 7th mth next mth and he has a little mark less than 1cm on the bottom of the cheeck(towards neck.)
kinda obvious but i hope it will go off. :)
and he is not premature but still have the mark keke.

pixie

Asphere575324, likewise, my girl is overdue by 4 days actually. Read on-line that usually babies who are premature will have such mark. There you go.....

my boy is going to be 7th month next month and he has a little mark less than 1cm on the bottom of the cheeck(towards neck.)
kinda obvious but i hope it will go off. :)
and he is not premature but still have the mark keke.

xiaodaisy

altho my kids dont have but i have one myself

abt 2cm in length and 1cm in width , at the joint of my left arm , its not very visible since its more to skin color and those flat types

btw i'm 26 .. remember my mom told me i'm premature baby .. =)