Can bring milk bottle on flight?

ebi

Anyone know whether we are allow to bring milk/water bottle on flight?

I remember in the past I carried an empty bottle size >100ml was taken down by the flight check in security. Not sure is same apply if carry baby on flight, if not how to make milk on flight?

gumbokins

Last time I took a flight with my girl, I made a bottle just before we went through the gate. I kept the bottle in plain sight, with the stroller and my child and they waved me through.

if you are sitting through a longer flight, then you can ask for water from the cabin crew.

apollo

yes. we brought along 2 bottles (with water inside), a thermal flask, FM, biscuits, water bottle, all for ds and they didnt even open up and check cos they noe that bag is solely for baby.

znljubica

Yes, you can.Sometimes, an airport control requires that the mother drinks a sip of milk or water. It's only after some incidents.

Any one taken budget airline? Can we bring thermal flask with hot water? Or milk bottle with milk content?
i'm sure they'll have hot water but if you are worried, call to check. can might be better to bring milk that's prepared as long as it's consumed within 4 hours. quite dangerous to try to pour hot water from thermal flask and in limited space and with a baby

STmummy

i'm sure they'll have hot water but if you are worried, call to check. can might be better to bring milk that's prepared as long as it's consumed within 4 hours. quite dangerous to try to pour hot water from thermal flask and in limited space and with a baby
Hi, I thought must be consumed within an hour? Don't think it's advisable to let our babies to drink the milk that had been sitting around for so long.

Mikko010410 - yes it's allowed but only if packed in milk bottles and thermal flask as mentioned by other mummies. Of cos you must have your baby with you. =)

makarios

Thanks...

Anyone advice or tip on traveling with a 16mth baby for a looong flight?
Took long flights (ranges from 18 hours to 24 hours) with my baby when she was at 8 months, 14 months and 26 months... Each with different sets of challenges.
Will just share abt the one at 14 months...
If cost is not a major factor, getting another seat will help tremendously. Cos the baby and mom can have more space to maneuver and sleep. Cos at 14 months or older, they get quite edgy when they lack space to move around. This crankiness will make the flight very tough for mom and child.
Dress the child comfortably. I dress her in her pajamas (long sleeve long pants 1 piece suit). And I will bring extra 2 set just in case of leakage or soiling.
Pack more of his/her favourite snacks. Not those that are too sweet or they will be more hyper...
Pack several small toys in a few small pouches. Let them play 1 pouch at a time so that the toys are new to him or her. Try not to give toys all at one go or it'll be harder to pass time on the flight.
If you have IPad or laptop, you can screen Barney, Hi5 or any favourite kid's programme. On flight, the programmes are more for older children.
As it can get very dry onboard, hydrating the baby is crucial. Water, juice, milk anything that will help hydrate. Bring baby moisturizer too.
For bottle-feeding, usually hot water is available onboard. Just need to instruct air stewardess specifically how much water you need. I still will bring a hot water flask with hot water. Usually they are more lenient for those taking long flights. You just need to declare there is water inside esp in the US. They have a machine to check the steam coming out of the flask if it is 100% water. Another way is that you take an empty flask and ask for fill-up at any coffee place eg. starbucks once you went through airport check (at the waiting area).

Hope this helps...:)

Hi mummies,

some updates from me....

As plan we bought warm water, hot flask through the check point... however, the officer threw away all liquid... in sg custom as well as china... However.. we realised due to the restriction.. air port has faciliated us by installing hot and cold water point... As long as container are empty.. they are find even though with the 100ml restriction....

In between, my sharing... coz i brought the big bottle of Ru Yi Oil coz it was pack at my diapers bag... to my surprise they allow it to pass through...

With Luv..