Can drink bubble tea when pregnant?

Gem2505

I hide and take a langsat that day...lucky nothing wrong..

I dont't dare to cross the line ..later got problem, sure they says : " must be you had done this, do this..did that.."

I go remove wisdom tooth at my week 6 and 2 day later i got bleeding and they blame it on me....feel so lonely...
hmm... for me, whatever i do, just make sure im VERY SURE nothing will be wrong coz im responsible for my own body. just dont listen to too much what other people has to say. just take their advise and weigh it. if u think its ok, den follow. if u think its not ok, den u just hack care. so far nobody dares to step over my line! LOL!

joelhoon

hmm... for me, whatever i do, just make sure im VERY SURE nothing will be wrong coz im responsible for my own body. just dont listen to too much what other people has to say. just take their advise and weigh it. if you think its ok, then follow. if you think its not ok, then you just hack care. so far nobody dares to step over my line! LOL!
I tried...I asked before i proceed to the dentist..
When i was admit to KK, they was like."See what have you done...happy now? " and " I think you don't love the baby.." or "i think she don't want it after all.."

it hurts...

Gem2505

When i was admit to KK, they was like."See what have you done...happy now? " and " I think you dont't love the baby.." or "i think she dont't want it after all.."

it hurts...
wasei. how can they say that one. u also dont want that to happen what. they should encourage you instead coz u aint feeling any better than anyone out there. i confirm cry until dunno like what. but currently, are you feeling ok already? in week what now? with KK?

joelhoon

wasei. how can they say that one. you also dont want that to happen what. they should encourage you instead coz you aint feeling any better than anyone out there. i confirm cry until dont know like what. but currently, are you feeling ok already? in week what now? with KK?
I take it all in and keep quiet. I am a sponge.

But until the doc have to inspect me and see under me....and poke me with things..to check the bleeding, i was so scared..and can't help sobing and trembling.
I got phobia of thing stuffing me there...(ya, my hubby had a hard time giggle*) I told the doctor about my phobia and they become gentle with me.

I feel better now. Thank you!
Today went check up..week 11.
Saw the fetus kicking and strech....haaa..amused..

But can't help worry about the baby health.

I must went trough allot of difficulty in life to get to my destination...
I am pray pray hard..

diymummy

But until the doc have to inspect me and see under me....and poke me with things..to check the bleeding, i was so scared..and can't help sobing and trembling.
I got phobia of thing stuffing me there...(ya, my hubby had a hard time giggle*) I told the doctor about my phobia and they become gentle with me.

I am pray pray hard..
Hi joelhoon,

Take heart. I know it must feel really bad to hear insensitive remarks being thrown at you. And I know you love your baby lots and lots.

Just do your best to take care of your health and body. Don't give yourself so much pressure. Just do what you feel is right. Your mood also plays a big role in your pregnancy and baby's health. So if you need someone to talk to, do speak to someone who can encourage you. :)

I'm sure you'll do fine and carry your baby to full term. Meanwhile, have lots of rest and take your supplements.

With regards to food intake, I agree that moderation is key. You can log on to www.babycenter.com.sg for more infomation on your pregnancy and baby. Below is the link for what to eat and what to avoid:
Diet for a healthy pregnancy

Take care and all the best :)

joelhoon

Hi joelhoon,

Take heart. I know it must feel really bad to hear insensitive remarks being thrown at you. And I know you love your baby lots and lots.

Just do your best to take care of your health and body. dont't give yourself so much pressure. Just do what you feel is right. Your mood also plays a big role in your pregnancy and baby's health. So if you need someone to talk to, do speak to someone who can encourage you. :)

I'm sure you'll do fine and carry your baby to full term. Meanwhile, have lots of rest and take your supplements.

With regards to food intake, I agree that moderation is key. You can log on to www.babycenter.com.sg for more infomation on your pregnancy and baby. Below is the link for what to eat and what to avoid:
Diet for a healthy pregnancy

Take care and all the best :)
Thank you so much!!

luvjoanne

Y is it that those thingswe crave for are usually nt the gd stuff for us? :(
I don't crave for bubbletea, but I love to drink coke/coke light/coke zero once a day. It's like the biggest indulgence i can have while being pregnant n nausea! In fact, I can't really tk plain water cos I will feel lk puking so gynae suggested 100plus.. When I drink coke or 100 plus or cold gassy drinks at Hm or in my mil Hse, I literally got to hide lk a little kid! N my mil actually caught me once and she thought it was funny too cos I was behaving so sneakily! Haha.
Lunchtime is the best cos no one knows if I drank :p

Gem2505

Y is it that those thingswe crave for are usually not the good stuff for us? :(
I dont't crave for bubbletea, but I love to drink coke/coke light/coke zero once a day. It's like the biggest indulgence i can have while being pregnant n nausea! In fact, I can't really tk plain water cos I will feel lk puking so gynae suggested 100plus.. When I drink coke or 100 plus or cold gassy drinks at Hm or in my mother in law house, I literally got to hide lk a little kid! N my mother in law actually caught me once and she thought it was funny too cos I was behaving so sneakily! Haha.
haha. consider myself lucky now. coz nobody stopping me from drinking coke or other drinks. i need something with lotsa gas so i can burp out else i will feel v uneasy and keep wanting to vomit. so, everyone gave in to me. ha. but just control ourselves on the sugar intake coz coke is not v good for health afterall. ;)

apollo

When i was admit to KK, they was like."See what have you done...happy now? " and " I think you dont't love the baby.." or "i think she dont't want it after all.."

it hurts...

I am pray pray hard..
*hugs*

some ppl are lik tt. they rather 'trust' themselves than the doctors. in fact most old folks are pantang. tt time my tooth cracked and i need a filling badly. but my ex-colleagues 'dun allow' me to. but i'm lucky, my mum told me to go ahead as she even extract a tooth when she was preg with me. she said as long as the dentist say is ok, just go ahead. as long as u dun go for xray during preg, i think shd be okay.

haha. consider myself lucky now. coz nobody stopping me from drinking coke or other drinks. i need something with lotsa gas so i can burp out else i will feel very uneasy and keep wanting to vomit. so, everyone gave in to me. ha. but just control ourselves on the sugar intake coz coke is not very good for health afterall. ;)
me too! maybe tt time everyone was shocked by my MS so they just let me take whatever tt can goes into my mouth. my hub even offer to buy me Macdonalds fries (i was craving for potatoes daily) everyday aft he come bk from wk. hahahaha!

joelhoon

Y is it that those thingswe crave for are usually not the good stuff for us? :(
I dont't crave for bubbletea, but I love to drink coke/coke light/coke zero once a day. It's like the biggest indulgence i can have while being pregnant n nausea! In fact, I can't really tk plain water cos I will feel lk puking so gynae suggested 100plus.. When I drink coke or 100 plus or cold gassy drinks at Hm or in my mother in law house, I literally got to hide lk a little kid! N my mother in law actually caught me once and she thought it was funny too cos I was behaving so sneakily! Haha.
Ya, why? all the stuff i crave are usually not the good stuff aahhahaa..

I been starting to take a few mouth full of coke after lunch...
I just remember coke contain caffeine, i better stop taking.

Gem2505

me too! maybe that time everyone was shocked by my MS so they just let me take whatever that can goes into my mouth. my hub even offer to buy me Macdonalds fries (i was craving for potatoes daily) everyday after he come back from wk. hahahaha!
hehe.. im still having potatoes most of my days. usually will da bao 1 large fries when im on my way home. ha.. sometimes lunch time also go Mac/BK/KFC.. haha. im more to NON-Healthy person. LOL! most important is that we fill our stomach lo. if dont let me eat this n that, im going to starve! worst lor.

cseen

dont wry.. as long as you take in moderation, is ok. actually i/m more wry on the sugar level rather then 'cooling'..

when i was in my 1st tri, i was craving for ice lemon tea and everyone thought TEA is a big NONO but my gynae encourage me to drink it, as long as it is not too sweet, take in moderation will do.. and from my mid 2nd tri onwards, i take bubble tea almost daily. very bad and unhealthy habit though.. haha! :tlaugh:

Me too! am in my week9 crave for ICy lemon tea!!! once drink it can stop MS for a while, but i thot the red tea is " Cooling" but i can LUN die die must drink!

jenjenwongws

Begining of this week, i been feeling bloated all the time..even that i am hungry...
Yeah, me too! I am in my 6th week, initially feel hungry all the time, now I dont't feel hungry but after eating, I am so bloated and dont't really have much appetite. I felt so unglam with the big stomach :(

And I crave for coffee and hot tea, but I need to abstain from them! But all these little sacrifices are worth it for my little baby...:)

Jheyyy

I've not tried consuming bubble tea, but i've been drinking lots & lots of Pokka green tea (about 2-3 cans a day).

& what's worse, i drink v little plain water (maybe 2 glasses a day).
I eat fastfood & drink lots of iced cold drinks.
I do consume coffee & tea too; chinese tea, iced lemon tea, whatever tea.
I even enjoy B&J's ice cream, ice kachang, blahblahblahh ~

Maybe i take in too much icy stuffs, recently my tummy feels weird.
(I'm going to be 20 weeks pregnant soon.):001_07:

Last edited:

lyra

I never had bubble tea when pregnant with my son as I read in newspapers that there's a chemical used in the making of bubble tea ingredient that isn't gd for children and preg women. And of course not gd for human consumption. But I love bubble tea before preg. I had to stop for love of baby n just satisfy myself with a few sips whenever hubby bought one. Now I'm breastfeeding n I try not to drink too much bubble tea too. If I drink, I don't buy drinks with pearls.

Mreow Mreow

Hehe :)

I'm currently in my 33week.

I love bubbletea & reward myself wif
Pearl Green Tea every Tuesday cuz
Every Tuesday, I turn a new week in pregnancy... :)

Absolutely fine.
Take in moderation is ok!! :)

I've Been taking only cold drinks since preggy too.
Never been able to take any hot drinks, even before preg. :p

msck

I love bubble tea too. but i didn't drink any tea or coffee at all throughout my pregnancy. I only sip a few mouth from my hubby's bubble tea. haha... and usually i will pick other drinks e.g. winter melon lemon ai yu, lemon sth, or drinks without tea or coffee. Better be safe than sorry.

Btw, i found the milk tea in Gong Cha are less strong, so maybe once a week is fine.

Mreow Mreow, I heard green tea is really bad for pregnant woman among all the tea... maybe u can drink alternate week...