Can drink bubble tea when pregnant?

TANZHENZHI

Hi mummies, is bubble tea very cooling drink? My friend told me the pearl is very cooling and advise me not to drink? But suddenly have this craving of drinking hee hee...

shijiaxin

Hi There,

hmmm... it depend how many months preg r u now.. if u r in first trim better not.

Hi mummies, is bubble tea very cooling drink? My friend told me the pearl is very cooling and advise me not to drink? But suddenly have this craving of drinking hee hee...

TANZHENZHI

I still in my 1st trimester. but i just drank half cup of the bubble tea w lots of pearl. Opps... Hopefully everything okie. :)

apollo

dun wry.. as long as u take in moderation, is ok. actu i/m more wry on the sugar level rather den 'cooling'..

when i was in my 1st tri, i was craving for ice lemon tea and everyone tot TEA is a big NONO but my gynae encourage me to drink it, as long as it is not too sweet, take in moderation will do.. and from my mid 2nd tri onwards, i take bubble tea almost daily. very bad and unhealthy habit though.. haha! :tlaugh:

sg81hani

bubble tea? I was bubbling almost everyday!! ahah.... esp during the third trimester as it was very hot on most days..... Usually I ask for lesser syrup and no ice... ;)

diymummy

Yes. Agree.

High in sugar. Take in moderation. Too much sugar puts you at risk of gestational diabetes and quick weight gain, which is not healthy nor good for your baby.

If you get gestational diabetes, it is really no fun at all.

As for it being cooling, if you believe in it, then best is to just try to control and give yourself a treat once in a while. :)

TANZHENZHI

Ok thanks all mummies for the advise hahaha.. Everything also can take only to take in moderation. My friend also told me she took pineapple daily when she's pregnant even during 1st trimester but elderly advise us not to take... :err:

apollo

Ok thanks all mummies for the advise hahaha.. Everything also can take only to take in moderation. My friend also told me she took pineapple daily when she's pregnant even during 1st trimester but elderly advise us not to take... :err:
actu my gynae told me not to take pineapples during 1st tri. she said if really crave, just a some piece will do. but i asked abt pineapples tarts, she say pineapple tarts can..

PTB7476

actually my gynae told me not to take pineapples during 1st tri. she said if really crave, just a some piece will do. but i asked about pineapples tarts, she say pineapple tarts can..
huh? can take pineapple tarts :eek:
i have been craving for it but dare not eat cos it is pineapple and aLOT of SUGAR :embarrassed:

apollo

huh? can take pineapple tarts :eek:
i have been craving for it but dare not eat cos it is pineapple and aLOT of SUGAR :embarrassed:
yes pineapple tarts contain high level of sugar, thus my gynae told me to take in moderation too. taking a few pieces is okay lahh, but taking the whole bottle to munch.. LOL!

pinkapple

cooked pineapple is ok I think.
but chinese believe preg cannot take pineapple.

as for bubble tea, I think the sago is heaty? cos boiled in brown sugar.
actually bubble tea is high in carbo (cos of the sago) and sugar. if your blood sugar level is high or in danger of Gestational Diabetes, avoid it.

As for me, 1st pregnancy, I try to avoid tea and coffee.
2nd pregnancy, I drink bubble tea and ice tea like nobody's biz.
now breastfeeding and crave for bubble tea everyday.

Gem2505

awwww... i have been missing KOI bubble tea since i knew i was preg. now in Tri2 le. guess im going to get it tomorrow! I NEED IT SOOO MUCH! crave like mad now. hahahaha! pearls pearls pearls! MILK TEA~~~~~~ hehe! but usually i take half a cup, i stop ald. cant finish. 1 cup per month to reward myself. haha!

joelhoon

Mother in law says pearl as cooling..cannot drink no matter how....wahhhhhhhhhhhakkkkkkk envy you ah!!!!

Feel depressing cause suffering all the vomit and can't even reward my self.

When i smell coffee..i feel like a ghost that consuming on smell......

blackpiggy

I drank few times while I was in 2nd, 3rd trim, but always share half cup with hubby coz got caffeine and high sugar so try not to drink too much, ate the pearls too.

You can drink the tea and don't eat the pearls? keke :D

Gem2505

Mother in law says pearl as cooling..cannot drink no matter how....wahhhhhhhhhhhakkkkkkk envy you !!!!

Feel depressing cause suffering all the vomit and can't even reward my self.

When i smell coffee..i feel like a ghost that consuming on smell......
haha. u sound funny. lol. consuming on smell. LOL!

haiya.. go n get on ur own. drink abit den throw away the rest la. =X she cant see it. abit nvm one la. oops!

Triquetra

Why are pearls cooling? Aren't they made of tapioca flour?
I feel that moderation is the key but it's really up to individual.
I had bubbletea throughout my pregnancy and confinement, thats one of my cravings too :p

joelhoon

I hide and take a langsat that day...lucky nothing wrong..

I don't dare to cross the line ah..later got problem, sure they says : " must be you had done this, do this..did that.."

I go remove wisdom tooth at my week 6 and 2 day later i got bleeding and they blame it on me....feel so lonely...