Can I bake 2 cakes in the oven at the same time? Will it affect temperature?

Discussion in 'Healthy Cooking Recipe' started by wingmark, Aug 10, 2011.

1. wingmark

wingmark Member

Hi,

I have one cake on the top shelf and one on the bottom, both of the same size and same mixture. It's a fan-forced oven heated to 160C or 320F and the recipe recommends I cook for 45-50mins. Does having 2 cakes in the oven make a difference? Will I need to adjust cooking time or temperature. Will I need to rotate the cakes?

Regards

2. Yes, more or less will be affected. U need to rotate and also bring the top to the bottom, and the bottom to the top to bake.

3. sarahwayne

sarahwayne New Member

Yup! When using good quality commercial ovens then many things can be baked together. After all, that's their advantage.

4. temulan2418

temulan2418 New Member

I did bake two different flavor cakes at the same time and didn't have any issue whatsoever during the process...!!

5. vanphammanh

vanphammanh New Member

Qúa trình nhanh hơn nhưng sẽ có ảnh hưởng bạn ơi cái gì cũng có hai mặt mà

6. tammysow

tammysow Member

try not to because the heat won't be evenly distributed!

7. leehh

leehh New Member

I tried on my tefal oven before. Can bake 2 cakes at the same time but the cooking time is abit longer, by about 10 mins or so and I kept checking just in case.. haha good luck!

8. anhtran313

anhtran313 New Member

Thank you for you answer, I will try to bake 2 cakes with your instruction.

9. Rosiebabyven

Rosiebabyven New Member

I agree with your answer!! thank so much

10. emilybrown

emilybrown New Member

It depends on which brand's oven you are using. If it is high brand then you should have no problem to bake 2 cakes together. High quality and branded oven has advanced features or techniques which help it to bake multiple things at same time and varying temperature.