Can I change my OB just before the due date?

danchaofan

If I am not satisfied with my current OB, can I go to see other doctor when my due date is coming soon? Do you think other doctors will accept me as his/her new patient and just deliver my baby for me? Or he or she will charge high deliver fee because I did not visit him/her for regular prenatal checkup? Thanks.

-jOanna

If I am not satisfied with my current OB, can I go to see other doctor when my due date is coming soon? Do you think other doctors will accept me as his/her new patient and just deliver my baby for me? Or he or she will charge high deliver fee because I did not visit him/her for regular prenatal checkup? Thanks.
why unhappy with ur OB? who's ur OB? actually if u wan i tink when u go hospital, if ur gynae cant come in time, they have other gynae to do the delivering for u but as u are not their patients, they might not give u best service also.. see u heng or suay bah ._.

danchaofan

I feel my current OB always suggests me spend money in some tests which I think are unnecessary. Maybe it is understandable. But I am worrying he will also put money in the first place when I am delivering.

why unhappy with your OB? who's your OB? actually if you want i tink when you go hospital, if your gynae cant come in time, they have other gynae to do the delivering for you but as you are not their patients, they might not give you best service also.. see you lucky or suay bah ._.

i feel not very advisable to change your OB at this point because he knows your condition the best.

for the spend money part, he will usually tell you what he intends you to spend on before hand right? could you turn him down on those which you feel is unnecessary? most things i think should be by your consent then the hospital will do it.

-jOanna

I feel my current OB always suggests me spend money in some tests which I think are unnecessary. Maybe it is understandable. But I am worrying he will also put money in the first place when I am delivering.
being pregnant is very expensive lol.. can u state some tests that ur OB asked u to do? maybe some mommies here can share wif u whether it is necessary or not :) I've also taken many tests but it's for my health and baby's wellness..

bellerichez

I heard from my gynae that due to certain age then they will ask u to do this and that test. But it's not a must lah you can actually reject it but if baby got any problem don't blame the gynae cos they have given their advise.

danchaofan

I did turn him down and he is OK for that. I am just worring if he will ask me to try normal birth first and then give me a c-section and then he could charge for both. I am not sure if I am thinking too much.

i feel not very advisable to change your OB at this point because he knows your condition the best.

for the spend money part, he will usually tell you what he intends you to spend on before hand right? could you turn him down on those which you feel is unnecessary? most things i think should be by your consent then the hospital will do it.

Hi danchaofan,
wondering if you are talking abt the same gynae that you PM me for details? If he is, then dont worry as i think he wont suggest a c-section unless complications set in on the day of labour. For my case, i told him beforehand that i wanted a natural birth without epidural; hence he instructed the mid-wife to standby painkiller jab for the thigh. And he used vacuum method to help me push my baby out.

stonston

I did turn him down and he is OK for that. I am just worring if he will ask me to try normal birth first and then give me a c-section and then he could charge for both. I am not sure if I am thinking too much.
In such cases, it's the HOSPITAL who charges for both delivery. The gynae usually will only charge for the c-section. It's the hospital charges like using the labour ward, etc that's costly, not the gynae fees.

You should talk to him to explore the chances of c-section & when will he make that decision. I discussed this in detail with my gynae & he respects my choice (I wanted natural as much as possible). He even suggest that I might want to take epidural right from the start of labour so that I can 'sustain' through labour (I'm very small size & v afraid of pain).

if you have already agreed with your gynae for c-sect then he has to perform that procedure for you. if he tries to persuade you for natural and you agree and in the end complications occur and a c-sect is eventually done, then bo bian you will be charged for both. so if you decide before hand what your wishes are, and even if you eventually decide natural birth, what painkiller you wish to take, then they have to administer to your wishes accordingly. :) don't worry too much... :) you have the upper hand because in the end you are still the customer.