Can one drink DOM when TTC??

melody yu

Hi,I'm currently TTC. Heard from mum that drinking DOM is beneficial. But it contains 40% alcohol if I'm not wrong. So juz wondering if it's safe n gd to drink for my case. Can anyone advice me on this?? Thanks

Dragontail

Definitely yes! It's a good tonic for building up stronger/warming up the uterus.

You remind me that I have not touch mine for months. I get "drunk" from just one small tiny cap! Dont really enjoy the taste but I think I should pick it up again for TTC purpose.

melody yu

But it contains such high % of alcohol. Isit ok? Tot one who is TTC shld avoid alcohol?? If it's really gd den I'll b wiling to try despite e "super warm" taste >_<

Dragontail

I've not heard about having to avoid alcohol during TTC. I only know not to have alcohol during pregnancy.

Melody
actually Dr Su advised me to drink DOM until i BFP, then Stop.....
But for me, i don't take everyday.... i take maybe 4 days a week. And I pour DOM into Bazhen when i brew Bazhen
Some friend advise me not to take after Ovulation, so i listen to them....
So the only time i take DOM now is before Menses AND After Menses but before Ovulation.
And Dr Su advised me to mix DOM with her Medicine , it is very good...

melody yu

Oooo....but her medicine oreadi dun taste gd,plus e DOM I tot will taste even worse?? Hahaha...the problem is,I dun really when I ovulate...so very difficult to time when to drink DOM n when not to. =\ guess better not to drink then...

Dragontail

melody yu, are you starting on BBT temping? If not, how would you know when you ovulate? I know that to hit the jackpot is to at least firstly know when you ovulate.

melody yu

Yup,I'm actually using hp app to estimate e ovulation. But I didn't go monitor my BBT. Find it too much of a hassle..coz I work shifts,haf to wake up at different timing always. It's v difficult for me to monitor an accurate BBT. I tried using ovulation kit before,but always din manage to detect it. Only after I went to my gynae,she found out I'm not ovulating regularly =|

Melodyi suggest u tell dr su next time about what your gynae said so that she can adjust the medicine...Also, maybe u use hp apps to estimate ovulation date, then stop dom on that date?Dr su say is safe to take dom even on ovulation, so i think one to two days off should not be a problem... idea is dun give yourself too much stress...

Dragontail

Ya, I think stress is a bad egg :p I think TCM should be able to help you to regulate your cycles and ovulation. Maybe acupuncture too. Let Dr Su tiao your body for a few months then you should see improvement.

melody yu

Hi girls,today i wanted to go down to the clinic to take another week's supply of medicine,but end up e clinic closed till 16th. But the last time when I went,e reception staff told me once finish the one week medicine can go back buy. Zzz...guess I'll have to skip the medicine till 16th liao >_<
I told Dr Su before that my gynae said my ovulation nt regular. But she din say much..juz Told me to try one week medicine n c how it goes

Ya melody, dr su will be back at clinic on 16 dec.... try to ask dr su more questions if u have doubts... or if anything u unsure