Can Preggy travel to Cold Country during her pregnancy of about 2 weeks plus?

sahdu

Does anyone travel to Cold Country before during her pregnancy of about 2 weeks plus? What is the extra pre-caution need to take???

CanCanMum

Hi sahdu,

2 weeks plus is still an unstable stage of pregnancy and most gynae do not allow travelling though. Perhaps u would like to wait till 2nd trimester?

January84

Does anyone travel to Cold Country before during her pregnancy of about 2 weeks plus? What is the extra pre-caution need to take???

yes, the 1st 12 weeks are the critical stage so its better not to travel if possible...

also avoid walking and standin too long.....

sahdu

Thks for both of your advice. but.... nt sure why my gynae said no problem to go about 11 weeks.... is close to .... but, still a bit concern.... how?

Queenbabe

Better dont go overseas , that time i was 2 or 3mths i go bangkok it is so suffering already coz 1st time go overseas somemore budget airway Jetstar make me 1 2 puke on the plane :) .

CanCanMum

Thks for both of your advice. but.... nt sure why my gynae said no problem to go about 11 weeks.... is close to .... but, still a bit concern.... how?
baby, wait till 20 weeks beta la.....i travelled to HK when i was 20 weeks preggy....energetic and no morning sickness and can eat anything i like....so best to travel is during 20 weeks

I dun see any problems with traveling to a cold country, coz good mah...nowadays singapore so HOT! And when we are pregnant we are 2times hotter den others hahaha....but if freezing cold beta ask Gynae need to take any medicine with you anot? Also take into account when u are airborne u need extra leg spaces to prevent build up of body fluids and leading to water retention and swollen legs. Remember to dress enuff to keep yourself warm.

but hor, still need to take care of your health since traveling during pregnancy still poses some threats to the unborn baby.....still must be careful hor. MUST TAKE GOOD GOOD GOOD care okay? :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

January84

the best is to wait till 2nd trimester.. at least condition is stable . . .

sahdu

Thnks for all of your advice. :001_302:

I will delayed my trip till my 2nd si .... hope everything is fine during that time :Dancing_wub:.

Wish me good luck :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

January84

I will delayed my trip till my 2nd si .... hope everything is fine during that time :Dancing_wub:.

Wish me good luck :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

WISH U GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *LAUGH*

:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

CanCanMum

hmmm....very obedient babe~

whahahhahahahhahah!!!

smurfzy

Helloz,

I'm currently pregnant with my first child. Just wondering is it safe and advisable to stay overseas for the 2nd trimester till the start of the 3rd trimester? Anyone has experience or advice? Please help. Thanks :)

babybull

Helloz,

I'm currently pregnant with my first child. Just wondering is it safe and advisable to stay overseas for the 2nd trimester till the start of the 3rd trimester? Anyone has experience or advice? Please help. Thanks :)
It depends on where you are going to stay and what airlines you take.

I'm currently pregnant and staying in Europe. It is safe to fly and stay overseas, (altogether I have flown 6 times from 1st to end-2nd trimester, on long haul flights) but the main problem you will encounter is airline staff as they can block you from the flight if you do not have the necessary documents and certification with regards to your pregnancy.

Have to tell you that you may have difficulty trying to fly back to Singapore at the start of 3rd trimester as the airlines over here are very very strict about pregnant women flying.

I flew back to Sg at 20 weeks and the stupid SIA counter girl in Europe refused to issue our boarding passes because I didn't have a letter from my gynae even though my tummy was barely discernable. Had to call the hospital and get the senior consultant to fax over a letter in German before they released our passes. Then when I tried to leave Sg at 24 weeks to fly back to Europe, same thing, needed a gynae letter (this time in English) before they are willing to issue a boarding pass to me.

So if you intend to stay overseas for a few months during your pregnancy, you will need to find a local gynae who is willing to take you on and will issue you the gynae letter for the flights. And if you're in Europe, you won't be able to just walk-in to any clinic and be seen. They need a lot of paperwork, insurance letters, etc, and the staff may not understand English at all (unless you're in UK!!!).

smurfzy

It depends on where you are going to stay and what airlines you take.

I'm currently pregnant and staying in Europe. It is safe to fly and stay overseas, (altogether I have flown 6 times from 1st to end-2nd trimester, on long haul flights) but the main problem you will encounter is airline staff as they can block you from the flight if you do not have the necessary documents and certification with regards to your pregnancy.

Have to tell you that you may have difficulty trying to fly back to Singapore at the start of 3rd trimester as the airlines over here are very very strict about pregnant women flying.

I flew back to Sg at 20 weeks and the stupid SIA counter girl in Europe refused to issue our boarding passes because I didn't have a letter from my gynae even though my tummy was barely discernable. Had to call the hospital and get the senior consultant to fax over a letter in German before they released our passes. Then when I tried to leave Sg at 24 weeks to fly back to Europe, same thing, needed a gynae letter (this time in English) before they are willing to issue a boarding pass to me.

So if you intend to stay overseas for a few months during your pregnancy, you will need to find a local gynae who is willing to take you on and will issue you the gynae letter for the flights. And if you're in Europe, you won't be able to just walk-in to any clinic and be seen. They need a lot of paperwork, insurance letters, etc, and the staff may not understand English at all (unless you're in UK!!!).

Helloz

Thanks for your info. :) In fact, I'll be staying in UK. Can I check if it is safe in UK? as in is it easy to look for a gynae? As my hubby will be stationed there for 1 yr. I would really like to stay there for a period of time and return to singapore when its time to give birth...

babybull

Helloz

Thanks for your info. :) In fact, I'll be staying in UK. Can I check if it is safe in UK? as in is it easy to look for a gynae? As my hubby will be stationed there for 1 yr. I would really like to stay there for a period of time and return to singapore when its time to give birth...

Hi, I'm not in UK so can't really help you there... but I've heard that their NHS system is pretty hellish..? I do subscribe to the UK version of Mother and Baby magazine, and from what I've read so far, under their NHS scheme pregnancies in UK are generally seen by midwives and/or GPs. You are referred to an obstetrician only if you're a high risk case. They also do not do routine ultrasounds at each visit, only at the 12th week (downs syndrome) and 20th week detailed scan. Otherwise at the checkups the midwives will just measure your tummy, blood pressure, weight etc. But you can choose to have midwife-attended homebirths, unlike in Sg. They are also super-pro breastfeeding in UK and Europe in general, to the extent that hospitals generally don't provide formula for newborns.

Assuming that your hubby is working/studying there, his health insurance or his employer may be able to cover you - you'll need to check on it though. - At least where I am, my hubby's company is covering our healthcare and my elder girl's insurance matters.

Maybe you could find one of the UK forums to join and ask the mums there, they'll be able to help much more. Staying overseas is nice, as its not an opportunity that one gets all the time. Just that being pregnant gives you additional headaches to figure out =)

And actually, I envy you being in UK as you would at least be understood wherever you go. I don't speak any German and live in fear of delivering here because I wouldn't be able to communicate with the hospital staff / midwives!

lyra

2 weeks shd b ok... At 4th week I went Taipei during winter n I feel totally fine. No preg symptoms like vomitting n nausea until after 6th week. Can eat all the gd food n walk ard in the tours as per normal.

ihmdweh

i guess if you have the "go-ahead" from your gynae, it should be fine. I've been travelling on a monthly basis (both short and long haul) ever since the first trimester. Currently in my 24th week and babe is doing fine :)

im currently 25 wks pregnant....juz came bck fm a 10-days aussie trip....its winter over there........even though my tummy still not v big but i find it v uncomfortable to be sitting so long inside the plane....my gynae has written a memo that im safe to travel....so no issue....