Can take flight at weeks 28?

hueychye79

Hi all mummy, I need some advise!!

I am planning to visit my brother at Kuching when I am about weeks 28.

Anyone still take flight around that week?

Need any letter from gynae?

Kindly advise!!

Thank you... :tlaugh:

it's best to seek advise from gynae. but normally if you have less discomforts or low risk pregnancy it should be ok to travel. i just went to indonesia for something urgent though my gynae told me better not to fly as i have terrible morning sickness and breathless but i managed to come back safely.

hi huey chey i,m nt sure abt other airlines but our national carriers like SIA n SILKAIR both have a so call cut off limit @ 32 wks for twins n 35 wks for single( the last that i know) you will be denied travel @ e cut off limit or its a must to have a gynae letter cant recall. Any other than that its best to have a gynae letter with you stating that you are fit for travel n of cse hw many wks you are @.The airline will ask abt your status so its best to have a letter with you to avoid all hassle. correct me if i,m wrong. fyi. oh maybe you can call them ( depending the airline you are flying with) or visit their website to enquire/find out more.

esthergal

Hi huey chey,

I was also given a travel document from my gynae around my 15th week which says I'm fit to travel until 32 weeks. So under normal circumstances meaning healthy pregnancy and no complications I think it is okay to travel at week 28 esp short distance air travel like kuching.

But if u r worried, i think it's best to double confirm with your gynae :)

hueychye79

Hi huey chey,

I was also given a travel document from my gynae around my 15th week which says I'm fit to travel until 32 weeks. So under normal circumstances meaning healthy pregnancy and no complications I think it is okay to travel at week 28 esp short distance air travel like kuching.

But if you are worried, i think it's best to double confirm with your gynae :)
Yes, you can. But you will need approval from your OBS and a letter which states you are fit to fly.
hi huey chey i,m not sure about other airlines but our national carriers like SIA and SILKAIR both have a so call cut off limit @ 32 wks for twins and 35 wks for single( the last that i know) you will be denied travel @ e cut off limit or its a must to have a gynae letter cant recall. Any other than that its best to have a gynae letter with you stating that you are fit for travel and of cse hw many wks you are @.The airline will ask about your status so its best to have a letter with you to avoid all hassle. correct me if i,m wrong. fyi. oh maybe you can call them ( depending the airline you are flying with) or visit their website to enquire/find out more.
it's best to seek advise from gynae. but normally if you have less discomforts or low risk pregnancy it should be ok to travel. i just went to indonesia for something urgent though my gynae told me better not to fly as i have terrible morning sickness and breathless but i managed to come back safely.
Thank you for all the mummies reply my thread. :001_302:

I will seek advise from my gynae and request the letter as well.

just a piece of advice, you might wanna wear a mask to prevent the H1N1 flu as there's more and more people infected, so to be safer at the airport.

hueychye79

just a piece of advice, you might wanna wear a mask to prevent the H1N1 flu as there's more and more people infected, so to be safer at the airport.
I think the Malaysia situation is still stable at the moment. :001_302:

Hope everything will be fine when I travel at Aug'09

Anyway, thanks for your advise.. :tlaugh:

shiseru

I guess it is alright to travel up to 32 weeks, provided gynae says you are fit to travel.

I travelled from Singapore to US (25 hours long haul flight when i was in my 8 weeks of pregnancy) then return (another 25 hours) and I am still travelling because of business trips. My gynae gave me a certification to state my EDD and certified to travel up to 30 weeks in case the airline will to ask. :001_302:

Ros0818

Hi all mummy, I need some advise!!

I am planning to visit my brother at Kuching when I am about weeks 28.

Anyone still take flight around that week?

Need any letter from gynae?

Kindly advise!!

Thank you... :tlaugh:
hi, shd be able to but u need to produce a letter from ur gynae...
i travel via thai airways to HKG when i'm in 28wks...

enjoy!!:Dancing_wub: