Can you use breadmaker recipes other than the recipes that come with the breadmaker?

wingmark

Hi,

I have bought a bread maker and in the instructions it says to not use any recipes that are not in the recipe book that comes with it. Can I use other recipes that are intended for the same size bread maker? Also, the recipes in the book it came with call for different flours: 405, 550, and 1050. Have you noticed any difference when using different types? Does it even make a difference? Can a bread machine be used to make anything besides yeast breads and marmalades?

Regards

camom

Re: Can you use breadmaker recipes other than the recipes that come with the breadmak

what is 405, 550 and 1050 flour?

I use my breadmaker for any recipes, even those not from the attached recipe book. Only thing is, I need to scale down the recipe size so that I do not make a larger loaf than my breadmaker can make. You can use your breast milk to knead/rise the dough to make other items and bake them in the oven/steam subsequently. I've made char siew bao, buns (with fillings like hot dog, kaya, red bean paste), sourdough bread, ciabatta, pita, etc, successfully with it.