Car Insurance Premium

jxmummy

Hi Mummies,

I do not know if any mummies here came across the experience I encountered, but need some advice if any mummies' family/friends/relatives came across.

I was involved in a car accident, I went to 'kiss' the backside of the car in front of me, and the driver wanted to claim through insurance, this car was bought under my FIL name and insurance was also under his name(but all money matters are paid by my husband and me, as we are young drivers and car insurance premium will be too expensive if we were to put under my husband's name)). I was not listed in the car insurance policy. However, there was a catergory stated in the policy "Excess $1000 - for any unnamed drivers above 21 years and below 65 years old", I was 22 years old then, so I fell into this particular catergory. Therefore, my question is how many percent will be increased if renew of car insurance next year?

Hope someone can give me some advice.

Thank you!

diymummy

It depends on how much the damage was and why the accident occured and the insurance company will then calculate the future risk of such things happening and increase the premium accordingly.

I was involved in an accident once at a right turn junction. I thought I saw a green arrow coz the cars in front were turning. But the other car said he didn't see a red light. So that's word against word. The damage on our car came up to more than $10k but our premium didn't increase in the next few yrs.

jxmummy

It depends on how much the damage was and why the accident occured and the insurance company will then calculate the future risk of such things happening and increase the premium accordingly.

I was involved in an accident once at a right turn junction. I thought I saw a green arrow coz the cars in front were turning. But the other car said he didn't see a red light. So that's word against word. The damage on our car came up to more than $10k but our premium didn't increase in the next few yrs.
Oic, i think i am also in the same situation as you. I was behind this particular car and we were going to turn left. I clearly saw that his car had moved off then i accelerated, but he jam brake out of a sudden! So both of us got down from the car, he told me he jam brake was because there's another car turning right towards our lane was too close to him, therefore he jam brake, then i went to 'kiss' his backside. But when my FIL came and talked to him, he denied he jam brake and said there was no car turning right towards our lane at all. I do not know how much will the damage cost for that car, but I'm kind of worried for the car insurance premium next year.

benkath

Alpha Male
Oic, i think i am also in the same situation as you. I was behind this particular car and we were going to turn left. I clearly saw that his car had moved off then i accelerated, but he jam brake out of a sudden! So both of us got down from the car, he told me he jam brake was because there's another car turning right towards our lane was too close to him, therefore he jam brake, then i went to 'kiss' his backside. But when my father in law came and talked to him, he denied he jam brake and said there was no car turning right towards our lane at all. I do not know how much will the damage cost for that car, but I'm kind of worried for the car insurance premium next year.
No matter wat, u r still at fault lor...cos u kiss his bkside. btw what is your ride? imo, ins premium sure go up.

apollo

according to my husband, he told me as long as u met an accident (esp u're in fault), premium will go up. but if next yr, the car maintain 'accident-free' for a year, the following yr will have some 'discount'.. =)

fioncess

Once you claim your ins your premium will go up... cos there will be a decrease in NCD or no more NCD at all..