Carousell - Made in SG iPhone and Android App (Feedback Needed)

hannahang

hello all!

my friends and I from NUS developed this new iPhone and Android app called Carousell - it's a free app for people to buy and sell lifestyle products. there are no listing fees and no transaction fees. so i'm not promoting this for commercial intent. just promoting the app and to help get some feedback.

disclosure: i am sorta doing this to gain some marketing/community experience in growing a community for an iphone/android app.

anyway, you can sell things like kids items (strollers, apparel, baby bottles, etc), clothes, beauty products, home furniture, lifestyle gadgets, books and there are many more categories.

here are some screenshots of the app + descriptions from the app store:

1. Beautiful Catalog-like Browsing

-browsing items is just like scrolling through a beautiful catalog.
-stop clicking through pages and threads of irrelevant posts.

2. Fun & Interactive + Private

-Like + Comment on items you like or just skip to the popular items & interact with other users before deciding on a purchase or sale. Buying and selling has never been this fun!
-Plus just chat within the app to buy. You don't have to publicly reveal your email address or phone number.

3. Follow & Build a Following

-Curate and personalize your own browsing experience by following people of the same tastes and interests.
-And sell your items quicker to people who follow you. It's a lot more meaningful too!

4. Beautify with Photo Filters
- with instantly beautiful photos for your listings, get more offers & higher prices for your items when they look showroom quality.

5. Free & Simple Listings

-Simplest way to make money from stuff you will never use or wear again so you can shop even more!
-Just snap a picture, beautify it & describe your item. And it's listed!

so that's the Carousell app. you can download it from the app store by searching "Carousell" or go to these links:
http://thecarousell.com/iphone
http://thecarousell.com/android

finally, do share your honest feedback and opinion here. we are always looking for ideas on how we can improve the app :) perhaps you could also share some best practices you've found in other apps, thanks!