Chances for BTO

ling.er

I had apply for the BTO then fail 2 time.. My MIL say cos i nv change my IC address tat y ... Is tat true ??

Gem2505

I had apply for the BTO then fail 2 time.. My mother in law say cos i never change my IC address that y ... Is that true ??
hmm... not that i heard b4. coz when u apply, u have to type in your address.. as long as the address u typed in at the HDB website is valid then its ok.. that is to ensure that when HDB send letter to you, you're able to receive it. it will not affect your chances. moreover, HDB dont know u didnt change ur IC address all that one.. only police then can trace.

As for IC, its illegal not to change the address you are staying in. so, better change if you can.

apollo

I had apply for the BTO then fail 2 time.. My mother in law say cos i never change my IC address that y ... Is that true ??
hmm i nv heard b4.. actu some ppl tot have 4x chances means CONFIRM will get the flat. but they never noe, not only them has 4x chances. out of 500 units, maybe 4-5k applicants and out of tt 4-5k, maybe more than half has 4x chances? =)

ling.er

Ya im goin to change next wk .. So it nt tat problem i nv change so unsuccess ... Hmm my MIL keep tell mi go down TYP HDB hub there & apply for flat .. Keep say tat more faster = =" ... Web site same ma !!! haiz

Elicia

icic.. yea.. thats the bad point about BTO.. have to wait. n i dont reli have time to wait anymore. if this time round still cant get. may have to purchase resale flat already. then my renovation fund will have to be really simple coz the $ saved, all go to COV. but from what i know, HDB is going to control the COV $.. hopefully they implement it soon so i can benefit from it. hehe!
but i still hope I can get the balanced flat. can even moved in before i deliver. ha.. but I think will have to wait till I deliver in Feb then will do reno coz now, not a good time to do all these reno and moving house. pantang. hehe! but i think the balanced flat, end Nov then will know results. by the time let us choose and pay $.. i deliver . LOL!
HI, i oso apply for SK 4rms balance flat a second timer though with my fiance as im divorce. He is a signed on SAF man wondering if the chance would be higher? or still depending on luck?

Anyway the results will be out early Nov n not end of Nov ^^ GOOD LUCK!!

Gem2505

HI, i also apply for SK 4rms balance flat a second timer though with my fiance as im divorce. He is a signed on SAF man wondering if the chance would be higher? or still depending on luck?

will still depends on luck. i worked under government hospital. dont seems like im getting the "extra luck". lol..
yea.. 1 more month to results. ;)

Ting

HI, i also apply for SK 4rms balance flat a second timer though with my fiance as im divorce. He is a signed on SAF man wondering if the chance would be higher? or still depending on luck?

chances are still the same. my bf is also in SAF but we applied 2 times and failed. no extra chance or anything.

meowonline

Hi Friends,

Is it possible to get called for the selection of the flats, if the BTO queue number exceeds the number of units offered?

For one of the recent BTO, my queue no was 400 ++, whereas the total number of units is jus 300 ++

Anyone has faced the same situation before and been called up?
Jus heard from my friend that she was called up next week for selection for the project launched on Dec 2010. Her queue number was 1000 + and the total units was only 400. Howcome the HDB calling her up after nearly 6 mnths for selection.

Do we have to wait so long......???

Jus confused abt how this system works.

Triquetra

Hi Friends,

Is it possible to get called for the selection of the flats, if the BTO queue number exceeds the number of units offered?

For one of the recent BTO, my queue no was 400 ++, whereas the total number of units is jus 300 ++

Anyone has faced the same situation before and been called up?
Jus heard from my friend that she was called up next week for selection for the project launched on Dec 2010. Her queue number was 1000 + and the total units was only 400. Howcome the HDB calling her up after nearly 6 mnths for selection.

Do we have to wait so long......???

Jus confused abt how this system works.
As long as you are within the 300%, you will be entitled to a queue number.
If there are a lot of people giving up, there is still a chance for you to be invited to select a flat :)

stonston

Reality is.... Some ppl chose not to select flat after getting queue no for a variety of reasons: Can't wait, already bought resale, break up, can't get the unit they want, etc etc.

My queue no was 78. We thought since 77 couples in front of us should get a good chance of selecting their 1st choice unit, mostly will select a unit. By the time it was our turn, only 30 units were selected. So it's possible that queue no exceed available units, you still get to choose a unit (maybe the top choice units will be taken, but will still have some left).

meowonline

Okay, thanks Triquetra. Approx, how long should I wait for their call? Coz later i dun want to miss a better launch waiting for this.
Have you experienced this before?

Triquetra

Okay, thanks Triquetra. Approx, how long should I wait for their call? Coz later i dun want to miss a better launch waiting for this.
Have you experienced this before?
I think it's better to apply for other launches while waiting.
It does not affect your chance.

My husband and I balloted for Sale of Balance Flats. Our queue number was pretty far beyond the no. of flats available but we were still invited to select a flat. It took about 6 months after the result was out. Then again the remaining units were at more ulu area and all 2nd or 3rd floor.

zaries

dun mind me asking...how long must i b working den can apply for BTO?if single mum apply will the chances b lower??n income ceiling will hdb depends on it to gv u a q no?thanks mummies n daddy..:)

Ting

dun mind me asking...how long must i b working den can apply for BTO?if single mum apply will the chances b lower??n income ceiling will hdb depends on it to gv u a q no?thanks mummies n daddy..:)
i think u need to be 35 n abv to own a hse if u r a single mum. the ceiling income is capped at 8K, so doesnt matter u earn 1K or 8K, u still get a chance, cos its a balloting process. the most impt thing is u can afford to pay for the hse. b4 u apply, u need to submit and check roughly how much HLE u can get, unless u hv cash to pay fully for the hse. after u get a Q number and invited to select the hse, u will need to make a downpayment for the hse too, with your CPF, if there is insufficiant, then u need to top it up with cash.

Triquetra

Working duration:
During application, you will only be required to enter your current salary.

Single mum:
I am not sure about this but I guess it will depend on which scheme you apply under? I guess you will still be entitled to more chances if you are balloting for one near your own parents.

Income ceiling:
This one I really don't know.

stonston

If I recall correctly, single mum, even if above 35yo & hv good income, cannot buy BTO. Unless you have adult chldren who can buy the flat jointly with you then can apply BTO.

For single mum above 35yo, you can only buy resale.

Jenni

Hi,

I have question on BTO, I now staying in 3 room flat, i wanted to get a BTO 4-room flat. I am consider as a second timer as the flat i get stay near parent grant.

Understand that for BTO after get to select Flat, we need to pay 10% downpayment right, I have used my CPF on my first flat, now CPF not enough and don't have so much cash. Any advise? I wanted to change bigger flat coz i feel 3-room too small. I have 2 gers and alot of things at home... Re-sales flat too expensive..

meowonline

Is the eligibility of the invited applicants for BTO accessed during the flat selection or they will only invite you for flat selection only if you are eligible?

Any ideas abt this? Am a first-timer.
How do they access our eligibility during the selection interview? Other than the following criterias (citizenship,age,income ceiling, family nucleus)

Thank You :)

Gem2505

Hi,

I have question on BTO, I now staying in 3 room flat, i wanted to get a BTO 4-room flat. I am consider as a second timer as the flat i get stay near parent grant.

Understand that for BTO after get to select Flat, we need to pay 10% downpayment right, I have used my CPF on my first flat, now CPF not enough and don't have so much cash. Any advise? I wanted to change bigger flat coz i feel 3-room too small. I have 2 gers and alot of things at home... Re-sales flat too expensive..
so i assume the current flat u lived in, u bot at resale. so the grant you took was 40K right?
If u gonna sell the current unit, u will have to pay a levy of $30K to HDB if u wanna purchase a BTO.
If u gonna buy a resale flat, then u dont need to pay back the levy.

if ur CPF not enough for downpayment for the BTO, then have to pay by cash.