Cherry Chest Rub??

apollo

ds is down with flu and having block nose. my fren suggested giving him Cherry Chest Rub which the box stated is for kids. she said she used it for her elder son when he was a baby.

any mummies use this for ur baby under 1 year old?? izzit safe and effective??

fyi, ds is 7mths+ old.. =)

Phoebii Cheng

Hmm nv heard of it before, the PD gave him a nose drop, cannot remember the name it is Illiadin or something.....

And at night if nose really blocked, I will use a pint of vicks vapour rub and rub it against my fingers and then apply some on the back of his ears...

apollo

Hmm never heard of it before, the pediatrician gave him a nose drop, cannot remember the name it is Illiadin or something.....

And at night if nose really blocked, I will use a pint of vicks vapour rub and rub it against my fingers and then apply some on the back of his ears...
my fren said is a rub for kids, the box stated is for kids but she used it on her baby b4...

vicks can?? cos i tot vicks is kinda 'strong' hehe... but hw come rub behind the ears???

TIA :001_302:

Queenbabe

my friend said is a rub for kids, the box stated is for kids but she used it on her baby before...

vicks can?? cos i thought vicks is kinda 'strong' hehe... but hw come rub behind the ears???

I used vicks but not so much scare too strong... apply some on chest & foot... Maybe u can try :)

jxmummy

my friend said is a rub for kids, the box stated is for kids but she used it on her baby before...

vicks can?? cos i thought vicks is kinda 'strong' hehe... but hw come rub behind the ears???

i went to phamarcy, the phamarcy assistant told me that vicks is too strong for babies and it contains some substance which may lead to hyper active when babies breathe in, so i bought the one for babies (it stated suitable for 6 months and above).

apollo

i went to phamarcy, the phamarcy assistant told me that vicks is too strong for babies and it contains some substance which may lead to hyper active when babies breathe in, so i bought the one for babies (it stated suitable for 6 months and above).
jxmummy, may i noe which brand u bought? also vicks?? thanks =)

jasobias

Me i use himalaya cold rub when baby has a cold.Its for babies 1 month onwards.I apply on her feet then put on socks.Some i apply on her nose bridge

camom

I bought Cherry Rub from Guardian Pharmacy but I nvr use it. Threw it again when it expired. When my elder child was down with flu and bad runny nose/phlegm previously, I used a concoction of essential oils from Plant & Planet concocted especially to relieve the complaint, like bad blocked nose. They will teach you how much to use and how to use it for the massage.

Plant & Planet is at Centrepoint Level 3.

Phoebii Cheng

Yes I use vicks, but dun use so much for bb....use a pint only and rub behind the ears....cos' vicks is hot, if rub directly on nose will make my son cry

camom

Oohhh, I just remembered. If my kids have very bad phlegm, I will close the toilet windows, put very hot water into a pail, and sit with my kid inside the toilet. It's very warm and humid and the steam helps when I pat the back to dislodge the phlegm. But can't do it for long cos my kids get very cranky when they have to sit inside sweating.

diymummy

My mil suggested me using Oil of Eucalyptus. She bought from those medical hall. She told me to put some on my hand and rub and just let him smell. Or can rub some on his clothing so he can smell it. Can also put a few drops into the bath.

It worked quite well for me that time when my ds was struggling to breathe through his very blocked nose.