Chinese 7th mth: DO you all bring your BB out?

chelle

Hi Hi, does any mummies bring their BB out during the Chinese 7th mth?
Anything to take note during this month regarding BB?

Jmumi

i feel it's better to avoid going out at night or try to reach home before night falls. It's always better to be safe than sorry mah.

Domique

Ya now samie(daddy) said can oni bring Alaric(his precious) out and back latest by 5pm on the 7th month.

i feel it's better to avoid going out at night or try to reach home before night falls. It's always better to be safe than sorry mah.

Jyeody

I personally dont feel comfortable to bring her out late. Last night happen to know her yimah (my sis) brought her out at coffeeshop till 10pm. I was not happy. Anyway I told her .

tika

pardon my ignorance.... when is chinese 7th month actually. i always get confused. is it in july or august?

chelle

7th mth start this Thurs.
Ya, i also think better not to go out at night n reach home b4 7pm, but i was wondering daytime can go out anot coz i need to bring BB go downstair buy food sometime.

i know my mum also say dun call BB name during this mth, especially at nite

CanCanMum

The lunar calendar is always one month later than the English calender, meaning if now is August, Lunar is July.

Sometimes of the year we get twin months, tats called Ren Yue. Twin meaning there are double Julys or Double Mays, depending on where it is fixed. Such that it ties in with the English calender.

This year there is twin month in May, otherwise it will fall behind by 2 months.

This is due to the cycle and days, becoz chinese calender only has 29 or 30 days.

First day of seventh month for this year, also known as the Ghost month, falls on the 20th August 2009, which is this coming Thursday.

apollo

my mum ask me not to bring ds out aft 7pm during lunar 7th mth.. though i'm not v pantang type not when comes to those 7th mth, i'll still listen to her.. haha...

CanCanMum

i am not afraid of bringing baby out at night

i was only told that swimming is forbidden during seventh month, so far i only followed tat.

Madako

my mum ask me not to bring dear son out after 7pm during lunar 7th month.. though i'm not very pantang type not when comes to those 7th month, i'll still listen to her.. haha...

ya, better be home by 5pm.
good to play safe.
once they see those dirty things, its quite mafan one.

apollo

good to play safe.
y 5pm??? but i was told that better dun bring ds out if not impt...

cancanmum, bath tub swimming can??? :tlaugh:

CanCanMum

good to play safe.
ya sometimes luck plays a part too~~~

but for my case when baber was only a baby, i got no choice coz earliest i can reach home is 8pm liaOOOO

unless i take cab home everyday will be Siaoooo manz lols~~~

CanCanMum

hey i'm serious okay!!! i dont mean home bath tub.. those outside .. cos i intend to bring dear son to hwaxia when he reach 3mth old.. haha!
wahahhahah i tot was home bathtub tats why i say boliaOOOOooo zzzzz :p

erm....got float and got you lookin at him rite???

i meant those public pools or beaches laaaa....pple say got ghosts inside water will pull the legs :p

autumn82

wahahhahah i thought was home bathtub tats why i say boliaOOOOooo zzzzz :p

erm....got float and got you lookin at him rite???

i meant those public pools or beaches laaaa....pple say got ghosts inside water will pull the legs :p
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh: Also water wat... :p

Then cannot bathe!!! hOrhOr...

Erm.. For myself, weekdays not a problem coz they will be in lala land by 7pm. Weekends have to go pil place, so no choice either. Prob will be home late too. :001_302: