Chinese Soups

BbYew

Pear & Almond Soup

1 pear(xue li)
3 tbsps of nan xing
1 tsp of bei xing
8-10 red dates
300g lean pork

Put lean pork into boiling water 4 awhile to remove blood and dirt. Remove pork and run it under tap water 2 remove excess dirt.

Put all the ingredients into slow cooker and cook 4 abt 2 - 3 hrs. Add salt to taste. Served.

NOTES : This soup is recommended when u cough. It also serve as a nourishing soup 4 the lungs.:tlaugh:

huiling

Pear & Almond Soup

1 pear(xue li)
3 tbsps of nan xing
1 tsp of bei xing
8-10 red dates
300g lean pork

Put lean pork into boiling water 4 awhile to remove blood and dirt. Remove pork and run it under tap water 2 remove excess dirt.

Put all the ingredients into slow cooker and cook 4 abt 2 - 3 hrs. Add salt to taste. Served.

NOTES : This soup is recommended when u cough. It also serve as a nourishing soup 4 the lungs.:tlaugh:
hi,may i know xue li is which type?wats nan xing & bei xing?:embarrassed:

BbYew

hi hui ling,

xue li is the type where u can get fr cold storage 4 in a pkt, yellow skin type. Nan xing is sweet almond and bei xing is bitter almond.

bpquek

Pear & Almond Soup

1 pear(xue li)
3 tbsps of nan xing
1 tsp of bei xing
8-10 red dates
300g lean pork

Hi

How much water?

TIA

priscilla

Ingredients:
1 bundle of watercress
500g Pork ribs
10 red dates
1 handful of wolfberry
Salt to taste

Method:
1. Wash the watercress and just run some boiling water over the pork ribs.

2. Place all the ingredients in the pot and drain away the water used to drain the pork ribs.

3. Add 3-4 bowls of water and bring to boil at medium heat.

4. When the soup is boiled, add the salt to taste and then it simmer for another 30 minutes.

1. potatoes & carrot soup
- potatoes, carrot, pork ribs, onion (can makes e soup sweet)
- salt to taste

2. bitter gourd soup
- bitter gourd, carrot, pork ribs, dried oyster, wolfberry
- salt or ikan bilis/chicken stock cubes to taste

3. 'jiu zhi cai' soup & mince pork soup
- jiu zhi cai (九枝菜), mince pork, fishballs, wolfberry, garlics
- salt to taste

4. white fungus & chicken soup
- white fungus(白木耳), chicken parts(breast or drums), wolfberry, canned button mushroom
- salt to taste

Last edited:

Agnes Josephine

1. potatoes & carrot soup
- potatoes, carrot, pork ribs, onion (can makes e soup sweet)
- salt to taste

2. bitter gourd soup
- bitter gourd, carrot, pork ribs, dried oyster, wolfberry
- salt or ikan bilis/chicken stock cubes to taste

3. 'jiu zhi cai' soup & mince pork soup
- jiu zhi cai (九枝菜), mince pork, fishballs, wolfberry, garlics
- salt to taste

4. white fungus & chicken soup
- white fungus(白木耳), chicken parts(breast or drums), wolfberry, canned button mushroom
- salt to taste

how much to prepare for each ingredients? how many bowls of water to add?

Thanks.. :)

Agnes Josephine

I think it would be better if anyone that wanna share their soup recipes, kindly let us know how much of the ingredients to add & bowls of water to add... JMHO... :)

Mrs Xie

I love ABC soup!!! Easy and nutritious! Haha... and I don't think I need to give the recipe here, cos I believe all mamas know how to cook this soup :001_302:

I think it would be better if anyone that wanna share their soup recipes, kindly let us know how much of the ingredients to add & bowls of water to add... JMHO... :)
erm iz hard to tell hw much water cs i usually boiled a big pot...both dh, mi & ds luvs to drk soup lo! mayb abt haf pot of water(rili duno hw many bowls)
depends on cooking for hw many ppl..for mi iz abt
- 2 big potatoes & 1 carrot, ribs abt a pkt of $2+
- 1 bitter gourd, a handful of wolfberry, 7-8 of dried oysters
- a pkt of jiu zhi cai(fm supermrkt) if fm wet mrkt juz tell stall owner cooking for hw many ppl
- white fungus 50cts(aft soaking, it will expands), chick breast meat $2/ drums abt 2-3 (aft chopping bcums many pcs), a small canned of button mushrms (if u luvs to eat, cn gt a big canned)

lfoo9668

Recipe for Old Cucumber Soup - that i got from web which i had tried out and tasted gd.

Ingredients

• 1 old cucumber (slice half lengthwise, remove seeds, then cut across into chunks)
  • 300 grammes bony pork
  • 2 pieces dried cuttlefish (cut into half or quartered)
  • 5 to 10 pieces dried scallops
  • 8 red dates
  • 1 litre water
Method
Bring water to boil. Add bony pork and remove scum from surface of water till no more scum appears.
Add the rest of the ingredients, allow to rapid boil for 3 minutes before covering and lowering flame to simmer the soup for 2 to 3 hours.
Add salt to taste before serving.

If you wish to double boil, first boil the bony pork in a separate pork using separate portion of water. Thereafter, drain and place bony pork together with the other ingredients in a double boiler. Add 1 1/2 bowls of boiling hot water into the ingredients. Double boil for 3 hours.

http://l.yimg.com/www.flickr.com/images/spaceball.gif

shopaholic

For the lotus root soup, I also add groundnuts which gives a better taste. And not forgetting, I must add dried oysters (abt 6 pcs for a soup enough for 6 people).

Similary, I add dried oysters into old cucumber soup. Dried cuttlefish gives a fantastic taste too. There's also this dried ingredient, not sure what it is called, comes in the form of circular coin shape and has a small "tail" to it. Add a few of this when I run out of cuttlefish, and the taste is fab too. :)

dek2k8

Alpha Male
Chinese chicken soups ,

best serve a noddles , ( normal noddles but not 'cup/bowl noddles'

Wonderful and long life ...

:tlaugh::tlaugh: