Chinese Yam Porridge

Lingbel

hmmm....i heard from my MIL that yam got 'fong' so not so much recommended for baby? Any one heard B4?

Coobabies

To prevent our child from getting alot of 'wind' just add shallot into the rice. Once the rice is cooked, remove the shallot before serving :tlaugh:

rjj

wow.... this is the 1st time i hear baby can eat yam.....

from what mth onwards can start yam?

Mum2Matty

Introduce after 12 months.

After the baby is a year old, his intestines, stomach and digestive system and sense of taste gradually become fully developed. Thus, parent can begin to supplement the baby's diet to ensure that the baby obtains his various nutritional needs. Healthy food and drinks may not necessarily be limited to the use of Chinese herbs. Using care to choose food with high nutritional value, and which is at the same time easy to digest, can also bring about the same healthy result.

Choice of Food
- the choice of chinese herbs should be balanced and should not be too stimulating. You can use chinese herbs like angelica root, red dates and wolfberry fruit.
- mix and match different types of ingredients, ensuring that the meal is well balanced and nutritious. Do not favour only certain kinds of food.

Introducing New Types of Food
- observe the baby and take note of any allergic reactions or sickness after eating. Take the opportunity to decide the nature of the baby's constitution and adjust the tonic used accordingly.
- as herbal soup and food are for enrichment purposes, they should be taken in small, moderate amounts.

Steadam2011

here is a link for Chinese rice porridge recipes, and I think u can just sort of blend or shred pumpkin in the porridge. Not really sure, though.