Cleaning the female genital

Surviving mum

My dd is 16mth, When baby poo, is it necessary to clean the front part (the vagina and urine outlet) with soap and water ? Sometimes, I'm worried shit may stuck in between the skin folds in that area, since poo can spread the whole bottom when wearing diaper. So I wash in between the folds of the front genital also. Sometimes, cannot wash off the soap well due to it hide in the skin fold. I see soap bubbles in that front genital after patting her dry. Will it hurt her genital by washing that area?

suzanne

i think if the soap are not cleared properly, it will more or less hurt her genital area. you may want to consider wet wipes that are suitable for baby skins. when she is older, you can use the current method

Hi Surviving Mum,

There are actually mild soaps or/and baby bath soaps that are gentle to baby's skin. Just be mindful when you are wiping it off. The force can be the actual one that can hurt your baby. But if you do it gently and you use a gentle-for-baby product, nope, it wouldn't hurt.

-Sarah

Surviving mum

Thanks for the advice. Yes I'm using kodomo baby bath, my MIL told me cannot clean in between the folds of the vagina and urine area, that's why I worry my method is wrong. Good to know people are washing that area the same way as I did.

Im also using kodomo soap to wash when she poopoo, i did wash the genitals cos im afraid she could get urinary track infection from bacterias in the poo. As long as we do it gently i dont think would hurt. I even spread her legs to wash and pat dry.

Gina2001

Our practice is using wet wipes & wet the hanker in warm water & wipes only. Bb soap oni use once daily during morning bath. As i read bfore in baby center article said bb skin cannot soap too much will dried their skin.