Cloth diapers

sharonchow21

Hi Mummy to Baby Very..

Wow....Thanks for the info... :)

But does this Happy Hinys diaper suitable for New Born Baby as well?

I'm worry that it might be too big for NB...

My review is at Review: Happy Heinys One-Size Pocket Diaper (Snap) | Mummy's Reviews

The cutting is big, can last till big toddler. Not a trim diaper. My #1 is 3 years old and wears it for afternoon nap. My #2 tried it at 4 months old and it fits too. Like the prints. Velcro version has thick tabs. Laundry tabs don't stick well, so need to stick the 2 tabs to each other to secure them before washing, small issue though. If unsure, can always get 1 to try first, then get more if you like it.

Mummy to Baby V

Hi Mummy to Baby Very..

Wow....Thanks for the info... :)

But does this Happy Hinys diaper suitable for New Born Baby as well?

I'm worry that it might be too big for NB...
Typically, one-size diaper starts fitting baby from 5kg, and when baby's thighs are chubbier, else too loose and will leak.

For newborn, I prefer to use Prefold/traditional cloth nappy + small diaper cover, since they pee and poo very often, especially breastfed babies. Can poo 10+ times round the clock. More economical and does the job well too.

From 2-3 months old, then start using one-size, so don't need sooooo many, save money. The prefolds, etc. can be used as backup diapers when the ones-size take longer to dry, eespecially rainy days.

More tips at How to Successfully Cloth-Diaper a Newborn Baby | Mummy's Reviews

Mummy to Baby V

Have you tried any other brand other than bumwear and how many diapers do you keep.. I am not sure need to buy how many and how often do the washing ...

Thanks.
We've tried many brands, each has pros and cons.
There's no perfect cloth diaper, just whether it suits the caregiver, baby and budget.
Reviews at Cloth Diapers | Mummy's Reviews

The number of diapers needed depends on the chosen system. E.g. Pocket diapers 15-30 minimum.
More info at Revealed: Cloth Diapering Essentials - A Quick Guide | Mummy's Reviews

Washing: once every 1-2 days
more info at How to Wash Cloth Diapers: Everything You Need to Know | Mummy's Reviews

Mummy to Baby V

wad are the no. of diapers & insert should I get for newborn?
Newborn usually won't fit well into one-size diapers yet. Need to grow to about 5kg and when thighs are chubbier. About 2-3 months old. From then, about 15-30 pocket diapers for full-time use, wash every 1-2 days. Most pocket diapers come with 2 inserts, which is good for rotation.

More info at Revealed: Cloth Diapering Essentials - A Quick Guide | Mummy's Reviews

For newborn about 3kg, using traditional cloth diaper / Prefold + XS or S diaper cover + washable/disposable liner gives better fit and is more economical because of very frequent changes.

More info at How to Successfully Cloth-Diaper a Newborn Baby | Mummy's Reviews

My kids are in college now but I used cloth diapers with them for environmental reasons and budget reasons. They were so much easier to potty train than my friends kids!