CNY Ang Pow!

babymoon

My wife did give me Ang Bao every year.. Not very big amt la.. Just wishing me good health and luck for a new year. Not the money that count, is the wishes and heart which r more important. :001_302:
ohh.. suddenly got a daddy here! :tlaugh:
since like tat.. i'll give my darling ang pao this yr.. hope he will feel "sweet" too.. :001_302:

jtay72

i like the idea of giving red packets to hubby, i didn't know that red packet mean good luck and all the good stuff, now i do. does the bank have new notes now or do we have to ask for them?

jessielu

My standard are, parents each is 80*4=320, hubby grandma $40, then niece/nephew will be $6, normal is $4 per packet.

estherlin

I think it depends on what your budget. For me, I give $200 each to parents-in-law and parents and my own children, $100-$200 to uncles who are not working, $50 to nephews and nieces, $10 to cousin's children, $4 to "don't know who is that" (guests of our guests). My DH said every year we have to increase the ang pow money so the luck will increase, but for me that's my budget, cannot increase some more, spend a lot during Chinese new year hahaha.
hey same same, giving that rate too. Think is better to maintain the rate, otherwise increase as ur income increase (most impt is permanently increase).

Ya my DH said he will give me angbao coz we are husband n wife hahaaa...think i shld also give him to let him HUAT arh!!!!

January84

My nieces and nephew all I give is $12, cos before I marry my cousins gave me $12... haha, now they also give the same amount to my DS. . .

for parents depend on each year economy, from $88 t0 $188 each.

others from $4 to $6.

got 1 relative house, every year i go, the cousin always hide in the room and nv come out to give ang pow one. So after 2 years, I go their house, I also nv give ang pow to his children. . .

for me,

i start giving out red packet only last year, this yr i also keep a namelist of hw much i will be distributing...so i dun anyhow give too much...hehe! me super CAT right?

this yr i think i will give ouut $4 Red packet to those nt too close children/ppl. TIMES are Bad...

we dun give parent ang pow as most of the CNY expenses are paid by us even the red packet $$$ is we sponsor so... ...

As for relatives, if i remember hw much they give me b4 married, i will give the same to their kids if nt i hv $10, $8 , $6 & $4 category.

Last edited:
I also lost my CNY Angpow Namelist... LOL. But nowadays still got ppl give $4? I tot dun have, so dun dare to give.. lol. Nowadays kids are sooo u noe.. :p Open immediately then say "chey, $4 only" LOL. I saw tt at my fren's place.. Luckily I'm not the one.. LOL.

that's really bad... i will never let my DD do much thing! OMG