Coconut Water during Pregnancy??

dcs_81

I drank the thai coconut from my 7th month onwards ..
7th month - 3 times a week
8th month - everyday till labour ..
my son pop out with clear skin ..
it helped me with my vomitting and nausea which I had till my labour ..

babysparkz

but my mum say coconut is very cold...
those chinese saying..
den baby wil get asthma or pneumonia
but my philipino colleague
they really drink a lot..
so lil contradicting there

coconut is it those from chomp chomp type de big big green wan?
really gd ar?
im 20 days away from due..

bellerichez

those chinese saying..
then baby wil get asthma or pneumonia

coconut is it those from chomp chomp type big big green want?
really good ar?
Actually my mom keep telling me not to drink cos it's cooling. I think it's okay lah since so many mummies here drank and their baby turn out fine. Yes that's what i heard. Those big green coconuts.

Spiralng

those small thai coconuts are heaty?
yes...cos it's a different type. And there is the round small botak type it's also heaty.

those chinese saying..
then baby wil get asthma or pneumonia

coconut is it those from chomp chomp type big big green want?
really good ar?
First 3 months of the pregancy need to take a lot of tonic cos that is the time when the baby will absorb the most therefore, drinking heaty herbal soup is ok but hv to avoid cooling stuff. 4-7months, can take normal food, baby won't absorb the tonic much. Last stage, going to give birth soon, should avoid tonics or heaty stuff cos will delay the delivery. Therefore, drinking coconut at the last stage is the best.

Actually my mom keep telling me not to drink cos it's cooling. I think it's okay since so many mummies here drank and their baby turn out fine. Yes that's what i heard. Those big green coconuts.
Was told that all coconut's water are cooling... the coconut's white meat are heaty...:twink:..
First 3 months of the pregancy its the best time to take herbal soup, tonic and ect as the foetus is forming and therefore will absorb all the goodness of the tonic. However, as the foetus is unstable, it's best to avoid cooling stuff. 4-7months, best to take normal food cos baby will not absorb the tonic much. Last stage of pregancy, best to avoid heaty stuff as this will delay delivered. So taking coconut or gingko nut barley is ok.

hueychye79

So far i only manage to drink it once.
Me too...

So difficult to get the green coconut... :nah:

Because I am staying at Bukit Panjang, and not much market here...

The only chance is after I visit gynae yesterday, hubby bring me to Clementi to take lunch and finally manage to order the green coconut. :tlaugh:

bellerichez

Me too...

The only chance is after I visit gynae yesterday, hubby bring me to Clementi to take lunch and finally manage to order the green coconut. :tlaugh:
The first time i manage to drink it bcos i went chinatown shop shop then the hawker center there got alot. But the other day i went AMK hawker center at 700 plus there can't find. Only saw sugar cane juice.

Oppsgal

Hi,

I was told by some of my friends that I need to drink Coconut Water during certain stages of preganancy.

Anyone heard of this saying before and if it's true, does anyone knows which stage is the suitable stage to drink? Was told that it can't be drank during early stage and also cannot be too late as it will then affect the baby.
Drink during last trimester, but also cannot too much. Drink 1-2 coconut per week. Drink too much will cause baby to be too cool.

Spiralng

Me too...

West mall food court do sell the green ones. Bukit timah market also hv.