cold drinks daily

karoru

do you mummies drink cold drinks or milk tea daily? if yes, what is your frequency per day? i have craving for sweet cold drinks coz my tastebuds is bitter... but accoridng to the pp around me, including DH claimed that cold drinks are unhealthy for my baby coz he will be borned with asthma or breathing probs... is it true? sob!!!

jasobias

do you mummies drink cold drinks or milk tea daily? if yes, what is your frequency per day? i have craving for sweet cold drinks coz my tastebuds is bitter... but accoridng to the pp around me, including dear husband claimed that cold drinks are unhealthy for my baby coz he will be borned with asthma or breathing probs... is it true? sob!!!
hey,
thts just a myth..i have never stopped cold drinks n actually i only drink cold stuff.Weather is already so hot as it is.N both my sons r healthy.Now in my 33 week n munching on ice day n night.I do tht outside n get alot of stares,...hahhaha..now i know why:tlaugh:

pigletif

do you mummies drink cold drinks or milk tea daily? if yes, what is your frequency per day? i have craving for sweet cold drinks coz my tastebuds is bitter... but accoridng to the pp around me, including dear husband claimed that cold drinks are unhealthy for my baby coz he will be borned with asthma or breathing probs... is it true? sob!!!
i still do take cold drinks and milk tea...but i don dare drink coffee, so craving much for coffee nw... but i also drink alot of plain warm water....
i take like 1 or 2 cups cold sweet drinks daily.. and not forgetting ice-cream!!!
but try not to take at late nite cos it may cause tummy ache...

hueychye79

Me me... :001_302:

I drink water with 2-3 ice cube almost everyday.. :Dancing_tongue:

yakii

Me too. I had cold stuff every single day..the weather so hot...but i think i got to reduce my intake on cold stuff cos mostly is sweet stuff and if i fail my urine test this round..i duno wat my gynae will do...:err:

adelynn

i think it's more of a personal belief, there isnt any scientific proof that cold drinks are bad? be4 i was preggy i was very used to cold drinks, in fact i can hardly remember the last time i had a hot drink. after i was preggy, i continued with the habit, and i get lotsa stares from strangers, and some naggin from my in-laws.

in fact, i think im in love with coke nowadays :D

joeichen

I think the asthma is cause by "liang" drinks not cold drinks so avoid drink like tea, coconuts etc.
I took alot of 100plus during pregnancy and bb was ok.
I think have to avoid coke coz got caffine.

izanyzam

My midwife told me that its actually ok to have cold drinks...Just do not put ice in them.. :001_302::001_302:

bellerichez

I never take cold drinks leh only take warm drinks. Most of the time is plain water. Milk also take those hot one like Friso-Mum.

meiteoh

I was told by my mum to not take anything cold - doesn't matter if it's drinks or ice cream or fruit. But being in Switzerland and pregnant during winter plus spring makes this impossible. She mentioned that it can cause miscarriage and dunno what else (the reasons are always the same, I noticed) but so far, I haven't had any problems. In fact, the midwives and docs here all remark that my pregnancy is the one of the nicest and smoothers they have seen so far. (I don't have back ache, water retention, morning sickness, etc.)

bellerichez

I was told by my mum to not take anything cold - doesn't matter if it's drinks or ice cream or fruit. But being in Switzerland and pregnant during winter plus spring makes this impossible. She mentioned that it can cause miscarriage and dont know what else (the reasons are always the same, I noticed) but so far, I have not't had any problems. In fact, the midwives and docs here all remark that my pregnancy is the one of the nicest and smoothers they have seen so far. (I dont't have back ache, water retention, morning sickness, etc.)

Wow no water retention, no backach and morning sickness. GOOD =) Btw from which month onwards pregnant lady will start to have water retention? Haiz. I everyday drink alot of plain water don't know will have water retention anot. *scared*

Gelyn

Personally, I think cold drink and ice cream are fine. Cos I had been taking that when I was pregnant. I also drink coffee but moderately.

My friend drink at least two cups of coffee when she was pregnant cos her craving was there plus she drank more than two cups before she was pregnant. Her baby is borned healthy too.

apollo

Wow no water retention, no backach and morning sickness. GOOD =) Btw from which month onwards pregnant lady will start to have water retention? sigh. I everyday drink alot of plain water dont't know will have water retention anot. *scared*
actu drink more plain water is good... in fact, if u drink not enough or too lil of plain water then will cos water retention NOT vice versa.. drinking more water is the best way to prevent water retention :001_302:

meiteoh

Wow no water retention, no backach and morning sickness. GOOD =) Btw from which month onwards pregnant lady will start to have water retention? sigh. I everyday drink alot of plain water dont't know will have water retention anot. *scared*
LOL, thanks dear...but I still got other symptoms like nausea, pelvic pain, stretch marks ( T.T ) and sometimes heartburn. My mum keep cheong me, say that I will definitely get water retention just before my baby pops. =.=

The water retention depends...some women start getting it from 2nd trimester onwards. Those with family history of water retention (your mum, sis and aunt all got water retention during pregnancy) have a higher risk of getting it. My friend's wife fell in this category and she had water retention in her late 2nd trimester but then around her 31st week or something like that, they found out that she had pre-eclampsia so they had to do a C-sec.

For me, what helped a lot with the water retention were a few things:

1) LOTS of water
2) Cut down on salt and sugar
3) Exercise
4) Put up your legs regularly especially when sitting down or sleeping

i took cold everyday during my pregnancy... bubble tea around 2-3 times per week.. =D
I'm so jealous. It's been like nearly two years since I had bubble tea. T.T

Last edited:

cocraze

I still drink cold drinks (with ice), but I try to cut down if not necessary.
My sister (who has 2 kids) advised that it was sometimes useful to keep small cans of aerated drinks (like Coke or 100Plus) to sip on if I felt nauseous.

I completely cut out coffee once I found out I was pregnant.
Tried to still take mild tea (with milk), but it made me feel bad/nauseous, so I stopped.

I get nagged at by my hubby, mother and sisters if they see me drinking cold, gassy drinks, so I try to reduce the amount, if not, take secretly when Im eating alone. =)