Colic help

My baby is one and a half month, being suffering from colic. other than applying 'ru yi' oil and giving gripe water, is there any other thing that can be done? baby been crying miserably every evening time. thanks.

Jane Chow

When you carry your baby, press your baby's tummy against your body. Your body heat will help to relieve the discomfort abit. I find this method work well especially after you have applied the Ru Yi oil.

Dee Ho

My baby is one and a half month, being suffering from colic. other than applying 'ru yi' oil and giving gripe water, is there any other thing that can be done? baby been crying miserably every evening time. thanks.
Halo! I have the same problem like u when my boi is less than 1 mth... will start crying every day from 6 pm till 10 pm!!! he been crying for four nites straight in the row and nothing help!!! Sigh....I ve no choice but brought him to PD to seek help....
Luckily her medicine is able to soothe my baby tummy wind... and on the next day... his crolic problem stop... WHEW!!

Some ppl do say its a small problem no nic to consult a PD ...for me the PD medic works...:Dancing_tongue:

Hi Dee Ho, the medicine is it rid wind?

Halo! I have the same problem like u when my boi is less than 1 mth... will start crying every day from 6 pm till 10 pm!!! he been crying for four nites straight in the row and nothing help!!! Sigh....I ve no choice but brought him to PD to seek help....
Luckily her medicine is able to soothe my baby tummy wind... and on the next day... his crolic problem stop... WHEW!!

Some ppl do say its a small problem no nic to consult a PD ...for me the PD medic works...:Dancing_tongue:

Ottermum

Hi may i ask does your bb fart alot or burp well aft every feed?

My boy used to cry every evening from 7pm - 11pm n we thought he's colicky... but noticed he farts alot n also burps well aft every feed...

So in the end he was actually overly tired!!

Newborns do not know how to go to sleep by themselves so when they're overly tired they'll be fussy n cry non stop...let them sleep when you spot any sleepy signs

Of course some bbs are more fussy than others...will cry non stop for hours n parents will think it's colic...

But if your bb's really colicky make sure you burp him/her well after every feed, apply Ru Yi oil on tummy n soles, feed with lukewarm milk, n give your bb lots of cuddling.

Colic will be gone when bb's 3-4 mths old! Meanwhile you just gotta be patient! Don't worry time flies...

My boy's coming 4 mths already n he's really a hard nut to crack!! i've experienced alot these few mths...tiring but it's worth it...though he's still giving me problems everyday haha...

Good luck!

autumn82

may i ask what the sign of colic?
Quote from Babycentre:

What exactly is colic?

About 20 per cent of all babies develop colic, a catch-all phrase for uncontrollable crying in an otherwise healthy baby. A baby with colic cries or fusses for more than three hours a day, for more than three days in one week. It occurs with equal frequency among first- and later-born children, and in boys and girls.

It's hard to know who finds colic harder, a parent or a baby. A colicky baby is obviously in distress, uncomfortable, and can't soothe himself. But a parent can be just as upset - listening to a baby's cry for hours on end is enough to drive you to tears of your own.

How can I tell if my baby has colic?

All babies cry sometimes; in fact, the average baby cries about two and a half hours a day. But in addition to persistent crying, a colicky baby looks truly uncomfortable. He may alternately extend or pull up his legs and pass wind. Colic usually occurs between 6 p.m. and midnight, though it can occur around the clock, generally becoming worse in the evening.

Generally, a baby becomes colicky around two to four weeks and is over it by about three months or, in less fortunate cases, six to nine months.

More details, pls refer to: Colic

CDL

You might want to try the following to ease colic :-

1. Swaddle - do this tightly. Your baby might cry more initially, but in time, the swaddling will make him/her feel more comfortable (as it was when baby was in your womb);
2.Put your mouth close to your baby's ear and make a "shhh" sound. Make sure that you are making this sound louder than your baby's crying and keep making the sound. It may be tiring but you will notice that your baby will start to settle down and become quiet. Some mothers choose to play white noise or turn on the washing machine. They have a similar effect in distracting your baby and giving your baby a continous sound;
3. Rock your baby - in your arms or in a rocker but it should not be too vigourous that it causes harm to your baby;
4. Lay your baby on his/her side. This didn;t help with my baby too much but other mummies seem to feel that it helps; and
5. Give your baby something to suck on - pacifier, breast or bottle.

Apparently employing the 5 techniques above and in the said order will help your baby. I find with my baby that I usually skip no 4 (lying on the side) but do the rest and my baby responds quite well. She is now 3 mths old and resists swaddling so I just hold her tight in my arms and continue with the rest of the techniques (shhing, rocking...sucking) and she still responds well.

Try it and let us know if it works well for you too :)

sallytan

I came to know that the rid-wind solution can be able to help in removing the wind in stomach but not sure how many time can i give my baby this solution? Need advise. Thank you

isabelandrew

i tink it is mentioned on the bottle. 6 hours interval. feed the solution before bf. if FM, mix with solution to feed your bb.

limjacelyn

Hi Dee Ho or any mummies out there, can you recommend me your paediatrician? Am looking for one cos we do not like the one my gynae rec during the hospital stay.