common discomfort during confinement

hi mummies, i'm experiencing some discomfort that never occur to me before when i delivered my 1st child, so would like to know if the below are common:

delivered my 2nd baby on 11th, and today i'm feeling feverish and throat feels sore. think i'm heaty but gotta keep eating those confinement food right?? i'm still taking panadol to relieve the pain 'down' there.. but my whole body still aches alot and i'm not sweating.

my ankles are swollen, this happened with my 1st time too but last time only lasted 3days.. this time it's been swollen for 4days.. already prop my leg up and rest alot on the bed as i have my hubby and maid to help me around.. for 1st time my mum said i stand too much but this time i rest more and still swell??? what should i do?

fingers felt stiff and also felt like they're trembling, even though i only wash hand with warm water.. is this common?? what can i do to relieve??

xiaodaisy

i'm not sure cos i nvr had all these during my confinements so i suggest u should call up your gynae asap and ask what could u do to relieve ur sufferings ..

Amulet

agree.. i nvr have anything like this during my confinement period.. advise to give ur gynae a call or see a doc.. the feverish and body aching sounds like infection to me..

lyra

Did u hire a Malay massage lady? Maybe she can help with the swollen ankle n aches. But if u have fever, better to go to ur gynae ASAP.

Phoebii Cheng

Check yourself if you have a temperature? could be you are down with a cold or flu....better check it with doctor and get it treated. Cos' u just gave birth......

thanks for the replies mummies.. i'm feeling better now.. turn out i got slight fever, just took paracetamol AND i told my mum doctor said i heaty.. so she kinda ask my maid to cook the soups more diluted so not so heaty for the whole week.

Did you hire a Malay massage lady? Maybe she can help with the swollen ankle n aches. But if you have fever, better to go to your gynae ASAP.
no i didn't..i did what my doctor told me, put pillows underneath my feet whenever i'm resting and minimize walking. it took about 5days for my ankle to return to normal size, but my gynae said it's quite common.

Check yourself if you have a temperature? could be you are down with a cold or flu....better check it with doctor and get it treated. Cos' you just gave birth......
yah, i got fever but no flu.. it's due to body too heaty.. must be because of the confinement food.. cos my mum put lots of ginger in the soup and make me drank alcohol at night.