Confinement Food Home Delivery...

babyblue

Hi Mummies,

I'm planning to cater for the Confinement Food delivery package..for the whole month..

Has anyone ever tried it before...or any good recommendations...?
We've managed to find only two caterers...1)New Baby P/L...& 2)Natal Essentials..
have any mummies ever experienced their 'service & quality' before....?

thanks for any feedbacks...

sugarcookie

Bumping up this thread....

Does anyone have any other recommendations? Or reviews regarding the catering companies above?? Thanks!

i tried natal essentials for 1 week and it was yucks!! the veges dun feel fresh and the kidney dishes stank. the fish was also stinky to me.

think confinement food for c-sec mostly the same. i had a c-sec and was only not allowed to have chicken until the last week.

sugarcookie

i tried natal essentials for 1 week and it was yucks!! the veges dun feel fresh and the kidney dishes stank. the fish was also stinky to me.

think confinement food for c-sec mostly the same. i had a c-sec and was only not allowed to have chicken until the last week.
I've heard that Natal Essentials isn't that good as well. Has anyone tried New Baby?

Oppsgal

Most of the confinement food home delivery company use those microwaveable tupperware.

Is it safe to consume while breastfeeding, will there be toxic coming out of these containers?

sugarcookie

I think as long as the containers are microwave-safe, there shouldn't be any toxic fumes emitted out. Or you can always request for tingkats?

Oppsgal

Find tingkats are not as nutrients as as confinement meals. If not toxic for microwave container then no problem, can order confinement meals.

wawa

Actually I am thinking of natal essential and confinement food, heard new baby is quite oily which I don't like. If I got time, I intend to try their trial meal before deciding.

sugarcookie

Find tingkats are not as nutrients as as confinement meals. If not toxic for microwave container then no problem, can order confinement meals.
Oh, I meant that instead of microwaveable containers, you can request the caterer to provide the meals in a tingkat instead.

Oppsgal

Not sure the confinement meal company do provide metal containers instead of microwave ones.

Anyone has ask them before?

sugarcookie

Not sure the confinement meal company do provide metal containers instead of microwave ones.

Anyone has ask them before?
I know Chilli Padi provides the meals in the form of tingkats. As for Natal Essentials and New Baby, maybe you could call and ask.

But I think it is really ok to use microweavable containers; should be safe. Or you can always transfer the food to your own microwave-safe plates/bowls.