Confinement Food Home Delivery...

i had trial meal from Newbaby, i find the portion is abit too little. hahaha, sorry im a person who love more dishes then rice.
i found another confinement company : i.Host Foodworks & Catering . the portion is just rite for me but kinda oily, so if wanna order trial meal which is $28, pls rem to ask for less oil. trial meal can be requested in disposable containers.
the tonic soup i tasted - 8 zhen, is thick and nice.
tink it was the fried lean meat had won me over. is so thin and lean!!
happen that day, the meal comes with ginger fried rice, is not oily and is very fragrance.
hahhaha
up to each individual taste.

Last edited:

candy_ian

i took natal essentials for my confinement. Soup is tasty, sizing is xtra large! My maid takes the same food as me too big portion for me. I found the dishes not bad esp the kidney dishes cos i'm not a kidney lover but i manage to eat them so shld b not bad.

pinkwipes

i took natal essentials for my confinement. Soup is tasty, sizing is xtra large! My maid takes the same food as me too big portion for me. I found the dishes not bad esp the kidney dishes cos i'm not a kidney lover but i manage to eat them so shld b not bad.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience.
I think Natal Essentials don't allow the date of commencement to be changed?
Read on their FAQ that the EDD given to them cannot change.
Like when you give birth before/later the EDD they will only serve as the date given.

Not sure if you had this problem?

i did new baby when i delivered my baby in dec '08. think food taste is subjective ... i didn't really like the food... agree with some mummies that the vege a lil oily... plus i feel that the fish is not very fresh coz got fishy smell. also agree with mummies that those breastfeeding shouldn't eat too much ginger as ginger can cause baby to be jaundiced longer. my baby was jaundiced for one whole month. As for changing date, New Baby allowed me to do so... I vaguely remember i only gave them one day notice... coz my baby was pre-mature so i had to start the confinement earlier...

Last edited:

pinkwipes

I'm going to try i.Host for the Trial Meal.
I shortlisted i.Host and Chilli Padi, cos they use tingkat for the serving of the meals. :)
Hope they turn out good.
Will post a review on the food next week so mummies can learn about it.

sugarcookie

Thanks so much for sharing your experience.
I think Natal Essentials dont't allow the date of commencement to be changed?
Read on their FAQ that the EDD given to them cannot change.
Like when you give birth before/later the EDD they will only serve as the date given.

Not sure if you had this problem?
I didn't encounter this. I told them at 10am and they started delivery the very same evening.

pinkwipes

Oh, okays. :)
Cos I was referring to their website's FAQ here, question 5.

But my due date is only an estimate. What happen if I deliver earlier or later ?
Once you have a confirmed booking , we will deliver the meal upon your request, even it is much earlier or later than the expected due date.
Thought they are so rigid about it. Seems like it's fine! :)

M

missylee2

just wanna share this article on Confinement Food Delivery - http://www.divaasia.com/article/4929

Initially i wanted to go for iHost but after reading the review, i changed my mind, opting for Natal Essentials. Hope the food is nice & yummy...

Last edited by a moderator:

woofy55

mil supposed to do confinement for me. but look like it may hv a change of plan cos she not feeling well. thinking of going for the confinement food delivery. Look like natal essentials has quite high votes?

diymummy

Natal Essentials doesn't deliver their food to the east. I live in the east and wanted to engage their services but they told me my area they don't deliver :(

sura2000

I order newbaby on Sep 2008 for 2 weeks, for me, most of the time their portion good for one person. the food test for me was ok, but it's not the traditional type confinement food. good for those can not take ginger one. the only problem for me was i need to watch the dishes after taking it, so this time, i prefer used disposable type.

MarketFreshSG

Hi ladies,

" Cruise into the weekend with Market Fresh! An online wet market that provides fresh groceries at great prices! We deliver next day to your doorstep! Follow us on Facebook @ Market Fresh https://www.facebook.com/marketfresh.sgto be updated on our latest products, promotions and giveaways! "

Shop fresh produce: https://marketfresh.com.sg

Give Market Fresh a shot, we guarantee fresh & good quality produce! :)

Attachments

Darrent

Hi mummies!
Any updates for confinement food delivery in 2022?
I’m not sure if I should pick up THomsonbaby package.
Any recommendations please!!